Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

Pokemon TCG

Anyone else play? I'm really not that great since I don't feel like buying $15 single cards to have the same deck as everyone else at a tournament, but I do compulsively collect them. Emphasis on compulsive. I filled a 2-inch binder, we excess, in less than 5 months (with some help of course. My friend sent me all of his old cards) and now I need to get another binder.

Also also also:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/W ... _announced

FOREVER-ALONE.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Forever-Alone

Of course it is. I probably single-handedly kept the industry alive :D ...well...that, and my boyfriend who buys more cards than I do, my roommate who buys some every so often, and my roommate's friend who steals them from Target (although I don't think she's that much of a help fiscally...) .

Jokes aside, there are quite a few people who play and there are several large tournaments going on through out the year. The card game was never as mainstream as Yu-gi-oh's was (and still is if you know where to look) because the show didn't use children's card games and most people only bought them to collect.

I never actually played with the cards, but I did have this game:

Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Card_Game_Coverart.png

-g06BOl9Nrw

It's not the same thing, but it was alright.

i never understands playing trading card game, it don't seem appealing/fun to me :lol:

I always amazed when my little nephew seems having so much fun with his Yu-Gi-Oh TCG

Like the level and everything, but like D.L.S, i played the digital games.

yea it's starting to get quite popular again as of late.... but yea that's not for me... Yu-Gi-Oh! is where it's at though, I swear it's so competitive I go to tournaments every weekend, there's so many cards out these days it's unreal how some of these decks run. yea I kno I'm a nerd xD

I got back in to playing it about 2 years ago with some friends as a joke...it's actually a really fun game. Faku and I have been talking about playing it again too. We just need to get off of our lazy asses and actually take out our cards. XD

It's much more involved than a lot of people would assume it is. Thankfully the new set that comes out in April will be less expensive to buy, so that's good news if you're looking to start up again :hyper:

@ D.L.S. : I played that game at my cousin's house. It was entertaining, but I didn't like it since it made me use energies (I was also 9 at the time).

@ D.L.S. : I played that game at my cousin's house. It was entertaining, but I didn't like it since it made me use energies (I was also 9 at the time).

I thought that was how you played the game with actual cards?

I brought mine to school once when it was all the rage and was obviously much younger and the principle confiscated them, I never saw my collection again. :(

Poor you D:

I didn't play it that much. I played YGO instead 8D

The Gameboy Color game was awesome. I still have it with 99 (maximum) of almost all the cards except for the special promo stuff.

It's such a shame they never released another game like that outside of Japan. There are so many possibilities for that... loads of sets, multiplayer battles, tournaments, an in-game marketplace to trade rare cards, etc. Damn how I would love that game.

And I remember having a Charizard of the first TCG set made you king of the playground at school.

Zomg I loved the gameboy game, my friends and I were talking about it the other day and decided we are going to hunt down some copies and replay through it xD.

The actual pokemon tcg game here is quite huge...(but probably for the children dont really see any young adults or adults playing it much.) Yugioh seems to be one of the main games around my area (I used to play and then sold everything before shit got reprinted and made bank :D) But I personally prefer magic the gathering cuz I'm getting old and need something to do lol.

I started play a year ago, but now with new rules and some sets being to old i have stopped playing in tournaments or buying more. lol. I change my decks often, but i usualy use magmortar or heatran.

Sign in to follow this