Sign in to follow this  
sai

Kagrra, - 百鬼絢爛-通常盤

Not going to do a huge review like I usually do, just a short song by song review.

百鬼絢爛 - Nice intro, very traditional. 8/10

- Nice, upbeat track that makes me want to dance. Love the poppy sound with the traditional instruments. 9/10

隠??慕 - Kind of short, but a nice decent track. Don't like some parts of the vocals, but still. 7/10

白??嘘 - Liked it on the single after a few listens, still do. 8/10

鬼還 - EPIC! Love the bass and the chorus. Favorite on the album for me, I even prefer it over Chigiri. 10/10

月??斑雲 紫陽花??雨 - Didn't like it when it was released on single, but it grew on me after a few listens. Calm and relaxing song. 8/10

鬼咆 - Great backing vocals, nice feeling, another nice track. 8.5/10

魔????世??夢 - Great backing vocals once again, I love the drumming. This is a very unique song, like most of the songs on this album. Makes me want to dance. The build-up is a bit meh but the chorus makes up for it. 8.5/10

四季 - Loved Shiki since the first time I heard it, and still do. It's one of those songs that can make me cry, and a nice finisher of the album. 9/10, no 10/10, since my favourite Kagrra, ballad remains Utakata.

Overall rating: 8.5/10

Kagrra, did an amazing job with this. They went out with a big bang. Always liked Kagrra, though not the biggest fan. I'm considering buying this album now. The singles were the weakest ones on the album apart from Shiki, but the new songs were great! I actually hoped for an epic new ballad at the end, but Shiki is nice as well.

I'm to a lazy to write something about each song, but I must say that this album was an instant favourite.

It's one of the albums that you must appreciate in its entirety and that's what makes it great.

I'd give it 8.75 out of 10 points.

Awesome album. I never thought Kagrra could make something like it as their last album. I gave up with Kagrra because they was extremely generic... but I donwloaded this because I was curious and because it was their last album afterall... Well, I'm glad they did a great job!

I'll give it 10/10 because it gave me such nostalgic moments.

Kagrra, is one of those bands for me (like SID) whom I like listening to, but 90% of their stuff is totally interchangeable because it's all too samey-sounding for me. But I don't mind with this easily listenable genre/style of music. So for me, this was kinda like all their other albums: I enjoyed listening to it, but won't remember any of it 5 minutes later. :lol: But it was okay.

Wery good last album , I enjoy it so match and its sad they quit

10 / 10 , We gonna miss them

Yea, I'd have to go with it being a bit on the boring side. It had a few songs I mildly like. Nothing offended my ears, but much of the same old. Wanted to like it more. Of the previous singles I much like 四季 the best and only new song that really jumped at me is 鬼咆. 契 is decent song but nothing too interesting.

Definitely not the best way to end their career, but it's pretty obvious by now that they don't have anything else to do musically, and this album just proved it. I'll end up liking every song here, but I was expecting much more - not to mention that I'm truly bothered by the lenght of the album, the fact that they included a SE song to an already short CD and also by Shiki, which is probably their weakest ballad, right at the end of their last effort.

I disliked everything once I heard the 128kbps to be honest. I was expecting something epic, but I only got three singles (which are far from being their best), a 2:20 song which could've been much more developed - especially considering it has some great ideas - and more recycled stuff. The stand-out track for me was definitely 鬼咆 at first; lovely guitars at the beginning and the whole thing just works.

Now as I'm listening to the 320kbps version, I don't dislike it so much. Sure, I'm not delusional to say they did their best, but it's an overall cool album. There's still tons of stuff to complain about, especially in regards of song structure, but also a few things to not overlook. 契 fits well in their dancey catalogue and works nice enough as a single off this particular album; also regarding the singles, 白ゐ嘘 still remains as the best one for me. 隠恋慕 has some cool ideas despite its disappointing lenght, and I wish they would've worked more on this one; sadly, it seems they didn't even try. 鬼還 has a very remarkable, almost shizuku-ish chorus, but I still have to get more used to this one.

鬼咆 still remains as my favorite - I love the guitar work on this one and it kind of reminds me of another great (and vastly underrated) song from them, 故郷, from the 誓ノ月 single. However, it still seems to lack a spark in the song structure, but the overall result is satisfying enough. I still don't know exactly what to think of 魔夏の世の夢, but it seems like a grower - and + points for sounding like something that wouldn't feel out of place in [gozen], right after 諷説 or 異邦境.

Eh, long-ass review, but I'm biased and they are my favorite Japanese band so I don't even care. As I said, I was expecting much more from a last album. This one is still pretty lackluster, but it's a fun CD to listen to once in a while I guess, though it pales a whole fucking lot in comparison to their other stuff. It seems like they didn't even make an effort to make this great and just threw whatever leftovers they had left just to release a last album - they barely even used the koto, which was being EXTREMELY overused in their latest stuff. Anyway, they're definitely not going out with a bang, but they have enough material to be back them up for a long time.

Sign in to follow this