Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

What instrument do you play?

I thought it would be interesting to see what kinda of musical talent the users have here. And for the record, the ability to sing counts.

I grew up playing the violin, took lessons for it at school, and played in a orchestra. It was my first musical instrument and it's still my favorite. I can also play the recorder, piano, and guitar (which is by far one of the most challenging instruments I have ever played.) I recently learned bass, which is hella fun.

Instruments I'd liked to know how to play:

Cello

Marimba

Madelin

12 string guitar

Well, since the ability to sing counts, I've been singing for as long as I can remember. I took chorus and choir all through school, but I had difficulty because I'm a mezzo-soprano and because I have a low speaking voice I was always told to sing with the altos.

I was measured to have a 5 octave range in my last year in choir. If I'm warmed up I can hit some decent highs, but as I've gotten older I've lost some my lower range.

Also, I was playing piano for a long time, but it's harder for me to keep time with an instrument. I do acapella very well.

bass - 5 years

I started with guitar (8 years ago), but I only get slightly better after I've learned bass, lol

I also started learning double bass, but only for like half-a-year, because I have to borrow it and I don't have time to commit to lessons D:

Also sing in university's chorus, alto (I also used to be in chorus in pre-school & elementary school, but those don't count do they, lol). And in karaoke, bwahahaha (^^)b I think I sing pretty well though... like a man... that I'm not

Guitar - 3 years, though I bought my first guitar and took some lessons when I was 11. I wasn't until some years ago that I started taking it seriously and practicing regularly.

Bass - Just started

Vocals -since I was 4. Currently fighting for solosin glee club LOL. (does vocals even count?)

Piano - 3 years

Guitar - 7 months

Piano - Started at the age of 8, only did it for a year at school and went on to occasionally play it at home, but I'm horrible at it... Since I haven't been doing actively.

Guitar - Started when I was 16, got some good practice out of it. Theoretically I'd be able to pose as lead guitarist, but I'm not all that confident to actually do it.

Bass - Started when I was 17. Funny story right there. For some stupid reason I joined a garage rock band, but they already had a guitarist, so they told me to play the bass. Got into it very quickly and that thing has been my instrument of choice ever since, even though I've been through several bands in the meantime.

Guitar - Had lessons from my 9th till 12th, and then started again when I was 15 or 16 or so. I'm a decent player, not really good but not bad either. I'm in between rhythm and lead.

Bass - I play this occasionally when we switch instruments in our band, I'm not that good at it but I can manage. Been doing this for 4 months now I'd say.

Vocals - I never took any lessons but I've been singing for almost 2 years in my band now. I'm a bass voice so covering songs is hard for me as I can't hit the high notes, but apart from that I can stay in key(most of the time at least lol).

Piano since 6 and viola since 8 (I'm 22). Piano is my real passion though. Though viola was always convenient to play in symphonies and quartets. I wish I could play a woodwind instrument. And cello or guitar I'd always love to pick up.

I've had an acoustic guitar for 5 years now, but I'm not all that good with it. I can also play a little bit of bass.

Guitar - Been playing since I was 14, (so about 4-5 years now), but I've gotten into another one of my practice-less spells, so I suck at the moment. But whenever I practice everyday for a month or so, I get pretty good at it.

Vocals - Only for about a year now. I have a really loud voice and decent range. Again, it's just a matter of practicing regularly to get a better feel for the way my voice works.

I need to stop being so damn lazy!

vocals: was in a goregrind band for 3 years, made 2 records, did lots of gig, was fun but was really tired of the music

guitar: for a year now, but just dont have the patience to really get the hang of itXD

vocals: was in a goregrind band for 3 years, made 2 records, did lots of gig, was fun but was really tired of the music

guitar: for a year now, but just dont have the patience to really get the hang of itXD

that is quite badass :D

Anyways I have started playing bass like 3 months ago and I have played guitar for 3 and half years...still sucking ><

Currently I am learning to make some turntablism shit with my friend ugh :oro:

Sign in to follow this