Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

My Arm Hurts [A communal complaining about shots thread]

I got my flu shot last year. Not only did my arm hurt for a few days, but I got realllllly shaky. Apparently it's a common side effect.

If you think a flu shot is bad, you better be drunk or high for your Tetanus shot. Those are SO bad.

As for needles, I have to get blood drawn pretty frequently for levels of a medication, and I've gotten really comfortable with needles in general. The problem is the veins in my arms roll, so I have to convince every single phlebotomist I see to use an infant needle and draw the blood from my hand.

I watch every time, to make sure they don't fuck up. Pretty much everyone I know thinks this is gross as hell.

Oh, I'm super resistant to Novacane. That's ALWAYS fun. They have to give me twice as many shots and I usually still feel it. D:

Haven't recieved one in a few years. I don't get sick often. For me it didn't really sting, but my arm hurt for the rest of the day. The next morning it was over, but it was still a bit blue.

Just had one the other day! Thank goodness for this thread lol, anyway, it hurt, and they took blood right after from the same arm, so you know it was stiff and hurt for a couple days. But other than that, I don't really get sick from that sort of thing. But I guess I'm pretty tolerant to all sorts of needles, I take insulin shots everyday too lol.

like dmrioja, i got it the other day. Always did this before flying to South East Asia.

Since, no offense, but SEA, except for Singapore having lower health standards compared to East Asia (Japan, Korea), so i always do some shots (flu and any other shots needed) for prevention.

Anyway, it don't quite hurt right now, after i did it for many times. It just feels like, well, pierced.

The same sensation like when having ear piercing.

Not hurt at all. And no after effects.

All just as normal as before.

Honestly, i don't quite like needle, especially hospital needles (with I.V needle being the hugest and the worst thing, ever.)

But i always try to trick it by thinking "if you wasn't afraid having your ear pierced once, why should you afraid for this one?" and then i will be more calmer and taking the needles like a boss. :mrgreen:

i guess it's the atmosphere that chicken most people out. If Hospital was a cool place like Tattoo parlour, i guess having shots will be just as addictive :P

also, about that i.v needle, actually it doesn't feel anything when it pierced into our flesh.

It just the size that flip people out, cos it did to me before xD

I pass out right after I get shots. Not sure why, I'm not even worried about the pain or afraid of needles . . . its just all of a sudden my blood pressure goes down, down, down.

I don't get shots because it' causes Autism LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL FUCK THOSE DUMB COWS ON OPRAH!

Actually I take shots like a champ! They don't even phase me! Now getting blood drawn? Holy shit omg I can't look or I'll pass out ahahaha. I also have tiny veins so the nurse always has to do some digging to find one ugggggghhhhhhhh.

Sign in to follow this