Sign in to follow this  
Mikuto

In-ear headphones

I'm on a quest to find the best sounding in-ear headphones. What kind do you use, and what kind would you recommend? I have the Zune premium headphones, and some Sony ones for school, and the volume and sound quality is really different.

The Sony headphones are have thumpy bass, but you have to turn the volume up three times as much to hear anything. The Zune ones are good, overall, but break at the drop of a hat.

Any other brands I should be considering?

Well, I adore Skullcandy. Been using them for years.

But one thing I've noticed, when I first started using them, they had longevity, and worked for over two years. The more recently manufactured ones tend to short out after about a year, sometimes less time.

Sennheiser CX300-II. I always recommend this brand first than the rest xD

no competition with Sennheiser.

Klipsch Image S2 and Denon AH-C360 is good, too.

I also recommend AKG headphones, very nice bass and you don't have to turn the volume to booming loud in order to hear it. It was pretty expensive but it was worth it!

Audio Technica *___*

I'm just in love with them. Their good earphones are not overpriced and don't break easily (I'm pretty violent with my in-ear headphones).

Sennheiser, Audio Technica, and AKG all get a bump from me.

I can't speak much for Klipsch, I only know their speakers and I am not very fond of their sound.

As for Skullcandy, if you want to look stylish for a relatively cheap price, this is what they do best. If you want the best sound quality look elsewhere.

All I have to say though is for the love of god don't buy "beats by dr. dre."

I don't know about his in-ear headphones, but my brother has a couple of Beats by Dre headphones and they're all fine, I really enjoyed listening to his music on them. The sound is really crisp. Bass is good. But they require loads of batteries and they're not that durable (crackle if overused and too loud)

I ended up buying Klipsch, and I'm really pleased with them. On the expensive side, but not as much as say, the Monster Turbine buds. They fit well, seal well, and have good mids and highs along with the bass.

So if anyone else is thinking about which one to buy, I highly recommend the Klipsch Image S4.

oh? what's the matter with Beats by Dr.Dre?

I am still considering to get one actually, can help to enlighten me?

Sure thing. Beats is an example of having great marketing. Beats by Dr. Dre, just look at the name. You are buying headphones that are branded by a Rap artist...he is not a sound engineer and it is entirely marketing. What you are getting when you are by beats are good looking headphones that are insanely overprices and sonically terrible. I have spent some time in a store listening to them, if I could describe them in one word it is "bloated bass." The bass is very very strong, but it sounds very muddy and when you hit the volume very high the distortion is very obvious in the low end. The fact is that you are far better off buying a pair of headphones from a different company for half the price and will sound twice is good. I guess if all you care about is looks...but I hope to god this isn't the case. I would be astonished if Dr. Dre actually used this for his actual recordings and mastering.

On that note, Beats are from a company called Monster Cable...and if you know anything about them this should be more than enough to make you want to buy anything from them. They lie about their products (high end HDMI cables lolololol) and one of the most socially irresponsible companies I know of. They will sue anyone and everyone that tries to use the word Monster in their name (for example: Mosters Inc, Monster energy drink, and even small mom and pop places like Monster mini-golf).

Essentially, don't buy Beats headphones. End of story [/rant]

Thanks SUBLIMINAL and Ito.

Now that i got better picture, i hesitate to get one.

i better lend it from somebody when there's chance xD

Bose TriPort In-Ear Headphones

Actually, Bose never disappointed me with their headphones, and it also didn't. At first sight, it seemed a bit funny and I couldn't imagine, that it can be comfortable - but it turned out that it's okay, I can wear it for long periods without getting the feeling, that it's uncomfortable. The noise cancellation isn't the best, but since I'm wearing it when I go running, to school, etc., so it's not a problem if I hear a speeding car, or if someone shouts at me, I don't mind it - and in addiction to this, it cancels most of the quiterer noises. Also, it doesn't fall out of my ears, which is a great thing. So if you are wearing headphones when you are sporting, I can only advise you to buy it, it sits in my ears very stably. I'm listening to many kinds of music, but I didn't have problems with any style - maybe the basses could be a bit better compared to mids, lows and others, but they are still better than what most of the other headphones can produce. Everything is well balanced, so there isn't a problem that mids or highs are weaker - so as I've said, it goes well with every style (if you are very much into bass music, maybe you can find a better headphone than this). To sum up things, I really love this headphone, altough I have to admit, that it is maybe a bit pricy if you just want a simple headphone. :two cents:

I actually tried the bose and couldn't stand the way they sat in my ears, and I could hear EVERYTHING around them, I had to really turn them up to try and be able to hear the music.

I eventually went with the Klipsch, also a pricey brand, but the phones actually go into the ear canals, which I prefer.

Chianti, you are considering getting in-ears, on-ears, or over-ears?

in ears. particularly that lady gaga's bad romance earphone xD

Bose TriPort In-Ear Headphones

Actually, Bose never disappointed me with their headphones, and it also didn't. At first sight, it seemed a bit funny and I couldn't imagine, that it can be comfortable - but it turned out that it's okay, I can wear it for long periods without getting the feeling, that it's uncomfortable. The noise cancellation isn't the best, but since I'm wearing it when I go running, to school, etc., so it's not a problem if I hear a speeding car, or if someone shouts at me, I don't mind it - and in addiction to this, it cancels most of the quiterer noises. Also, it doesn't fall out of my ears, which is a great thing. So if you are wearing headphones when you are sporting, I can only advise you to buy it, it sits in my ears very stably. I'm listening to many kinds of music, but I didn't have problems with any style - maybe the basses could be a bit better compared to mids, lows and others, but they are still better than what most of the other headphones can produce. Everything is well balanced, so there isn't a problem that mids or highs are weaker - so as I've said, it goes well with every style (if you are very much into bass music, maybe you can find a better headphone than this). To sum up things, I really love this headphone, altough I have to admit, that it is maybe a bit pricy if you just want a simple headphone. :two cents:

Bah, your credibility is out the window when it come to headphones now. Bose SUCK. No two ways about that. They are very comfortable, I will give them that, but when it comes down to sound quality you can do WAY better for the price. Bose strives off of one thing, marketing. They tell everyone that their stuff is the best and spend millions of dollars every year telling people how awesome they are, so much so that the consumer starts to beleive this. There is no biases for their high quality standing, they use low quality material, they don't publish the stats of their devices, and they generally don't sound that great. It is one of the greatest fallacies that they are an amazing sound company and that hate that people don't know any better drives me nuts. Consider this a PSA from me:

DON'T BUY BOSE, MONSTER CABLE, OR BEATS!

There are plenty of way more reputable brands out there that you should spend your hard earned money on like Sennheiser, AKG, Behringer, Ultrasone, Audio Technica, Grado, Pioneer, Klipsch, Technics... Do your research, go to audio websites and read comments and reviews...cause if you are dishing out a lot of cash on a pair of headphones, know what you are getting in to and know all the other options and realize you are buying them for sound quality! I can almost guarantee you that you won't see any recommendations for Bose or Monster (and probably only a handful for Sony, their bass is so bloated, though they do a good job at really cheap 'phones (sub $20)).

Sign in to follow this