Takadanobabaalien

Fastest growing vk band of all time?

Didn't think of bringing this up, but Merry had a bit of a quick rise. They formed in 2001, held their first oneman in 2002, participated in Sads' tour in summer 2003 and participated in the Beauti-fool's Fest that same year, signed with Kiyoharu's label in 2005 and released a single in DualDisc format (which was a first in Japan at that time) that reached #2 in the Oricon charts, and finally went major around the end of that year. Basically having a tight deal with Fool's Mate and then Kiyoharu helped them rise to the top.

Don't really know a lot about live attendance tho :v pretty sure they had some sold-out lives during that period tho~

Edited by sheepprincessgara

On 2017-7-15 at 7:17 PM, Kiryu999 said:

Ah yeah they signed with PS COMPANY in 2003 that's why I thought they went major at this time. I guess it was when they signed with Sony? Around 2010 or something

I thought Cassis was The Gazette's first release under a major label? 

I don't have numbers but I remember A9 growing in popularity pretty fast too. They were already working with PSC and King Records within a year of forming. 

12 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

I thought Cassis was The Gazette's first release under a major label? 

Cassis was their first major debut in 2005 and Shiver was their "major transfer debut" in 2010 (Sony/Avex debut was/is always "prestigious" y'know).

A9 got major rather quickly too though - did not take much from early mid 2004 to late 2005 as indies.