Sign in to follow this  
Shaolan974

Best new releases : November 2016

1) ギャロ (THE GALLO) - LUCIFERO

70726f647563742f32303136313030395f633461

THE GALLO is one of my favorites Visual band actually. I fell in love with them in 2014. "DIAVOLO" was amazing. I was a bit afraid because this new album came just  8 months after the last. I still prefer "DIAVOLO" but "LUCIFERO" is really good too. They have a unique sound and that is what I love.

2) Animals as Leaders — The Madness Of Many

animalsasleadersmadnesscd.jpg

Because these musicians are too good to be real, especially the main guitarist, Tobin Abasi. Animal as Leaders is sick.

3) Owel — Dear Me

7059c2b3e6a7452c904162277295d815.jpeg

Just discovered them this month and I think they are really amazing. "Dear Me" is a gentle alternative pop/rock album. It's well composed and the double vocal (man and woman), violin, piano etc, give a really good atmosphere to their songs. 

4) Enter Shikari — Live at Alexandra Palace

1472443844entershikari.jpg

One word : Genius

5) Insanity Injection - Psychotic Cabaret

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJS5faBwVaIlIJuApvkSY

I didn't really like their first single but their first mini-album is really good. A good surprise. Surely, they have potential with Makoto, Kyouka and Hideaki. "Re:incarnation" is epic. I hope they will continue. I don't really want to follow them hardly because we all know Kyouka's past...but now, they are a good Visual band.

Why did you mix again japanese music with international music? The rest shouldn't be on the japanese rock thread, you should do a separate thread in the right place.

And maybe it would be nice to take the layout of the "Recommend tracks" thread, you know, something more nice, appealing and less lazy.

Edited by eiheartx

24 minutes ago, eiheartx said:

Why did you mix again japanese music with international music? The rest shouldn't be on the japanese rock thread, you should do a separate thread in the right place.

And maybe it would be nice to take the layout of the "Recommend tracks" thread, you know, something more nice, appealing and less lazy.

this has been done all year by several other members and you only noticed now?

and etc

if this thread needs to be split up then so should the others..

Edited by seurong

3 hours ago, eiheartx said:

I understand where you're coming from. Technically, it would make sense to make two separate threads for each respective forum. However, this is one of those cases where the thread's content can go either way -  meaning it's unsure whether people will reply with Japanese or non-Japanese music and in what quantity. Of course, we could specify the kind of music we'd like to see in replies by simply splitting the threads in different forums, but given the ambiguous/open-ended nature of the replies, doing that could get messy and redundant really quickly. So it's most convenient to have everything in one thread.

As a rule of thumb, if you have a thread that pertains to both Japanese and non-Japanese music, posting it here (under Japanese Rock > General), is usually the better place, as this forum is the more utilized of the two.

Lastly, it's a bit unfair to compare this thread to Recommended Tracks, as that thread takes a rather obscene amount of work and is put together by a team each month. A normal discussion thread doesn't necessarily need to be as elaborate (though of course that's up to the OP's discretion XD)

I'll totally reply to this thread proper at a later date when I have my computer at hand, so I feel like I can say that if these threads get separated then they are downright doomed to become ghost towns, both of 'm. It's not like they've been hopping attractions before, and we've had this format for as long as bear has made these. I like 'm as they are now.

I just came to look for some new tracks and found a debate xD

So lets get this thread moving back in the right direction 

My personal top 4 for the month: 

4 - Roub - Missing *Really impressed, 1st song by Roub ive heard

3 - DISREIGN - WITHIN THE VOID *Their best track so far and it beats a ton of other crap other bands put out so if you haven't listened to it give it a go :P

2 - DIAURA -  倒錯症レジスタンス *At 1st i didnt think much of the song but omg has it grown on me <3

1- DEZERT - 変態  I love this song, i find myself humming this song randomly *hentai hentai xD 

Edited by -NOVA-

Japan: Mary's Blood, "Fate."

106491-marys-blood-fate.jpg

Sorry no music video because fuck you, Victor Entertainment. So here's Saki being her usual goddess self.

The west: Tie between Metallica "Hardwired to self-destruct" and Witchery "In his infernal majesty's service."

Sign in to follow this