Sign in to follow this  
saishuu

Plane Carrying a Brazilian Soccer Team Crashes in Colombia

A chartered plane carrying 81 people, including members of a Brazilian soccer club, crashed on the outskirts of Medellín, Colombia, killing nearly everyone onboard, the authorities said early Tuesday.

Five people survived, according to Brig. Gen. José Gerardo Acevedo, the police commander for the area surrounding Medellín, news agencies reported.

Colombia’s civil aviation agency said the flight was operated by a small airline, LaMia, and was carrying members of the Chapecoense de Brasil soccer club. The team was traveling from Bolivia to play in the final of the Copa Sudamericana tournament when the plane crashed around 10 p.m. on Monday.

The aircraft was carrying 72 passengers and nine crew members, according to a statement issued by the Medellín airport. Search and rescue efforts were hampered by low visibility and difficulty in reaching the site.

Source

Goddammit, man.

Edited by saishuu

Holy hell. That's one of my biggest fears. I hate flying but it does seem to happen when a sports team is on board pretty frequently. Terrifying. Honestly, if a sports team was on my flight I'd probably get off Final Destination style and hope for the best.

Sign in to follow this