Flame-X

Music Player Apps for Mobile Devices

Hey all,

I'm sure nearly everyone here has a smartphone and uses it to listen to music at some point. I use an app called Shuttle+ which has served me well for a couple years that featured very nice sets of equalizer customization and simplistic UI design for playing mp3s and other music files, but lately I've been experiencing random crashes and bugs ever since I upgraded my Nexus 6P to Android Nougat.

Does anyone have any music app suggestion for mobile devices they can offer? Of course it doesn't need to be limited to one platform. iOS suggestions are welcomed as well for those who are using that. Please let us know and your experiences with the app. :)

Edited by Flame-X

I upload all my music to Google Play. I think you can upload 10k songs for free. Could be more.

I use 1GB of data per week between Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube, and Play Music.

+1 for Poweramp paid version.

better UI and features than samsung music and google play (i don't need internet radio though). I chose it over the free foobar2000 and Onkyo apps since they seemed to have trouble with 24bit 96khz audio.

foobar2000 mobile doesn't like playlists apparently.

I don't enjoy using any apps eq adjustments on my phone since it has a shitty amp module and for some reason when I adjust one frequency  it lowers the volume and distorts most of my music.

honestly I got tired of using my phone especially since I got a 200gb card in it causing it to over heat. I just ordered a sony walkman A series and got some sol republic shadows which both have aptX bluetooth codec.

I feel that it's just better to get a dedicated DAP with decent DAC and amp module. I would stick with my ipod classic if it had bluetooth. damn battery would last a week until I started plugging it in to my mazda 3's usb port to listen to it. Now after 9 years I'm lucky if it lasts me for a day. Just gonna wait until the 1tb ssds get a major price drop then i'll just use my ipod for my car.

Edit: I'm acually using Poweramp paid ver3 beta since that can handle 24bit 96khz audio and playlists.

Edited by Aeolus

12 minutes ago, JukaForever said:

Foobar2k playlists works for me, how is it not working for you?

it would skip songs for no reason. it would just play the album or artist instead of the playlist and it wouldn't import my playlists.

Edited by Aeolus

So it finally came and this thing blows me away, it makes transcode sound amazing. the only things that bothers me is that when using it with bluetooth in my car i have to turn off clear audio + and turn on the DSEE HX. also it's in japanese only instead of the 13 language version but I expected that and have already gotten used to it. can't read but I know what all the options do at least haha.

20161215_102747.jpg

Edited by Aeolus

@Aeolus I'm also going to agree with Poweramp for all the reasons you said. I use it on the Walkman NX1 because I'm a weeb who imports all of his audio devices from Japan and I have no complaints with it. I don't often pay for Android apps because the free stuff is good enough to get by but when it comes to music players they all suck. It's worth the $3 for Poweramp. Music comes in crystal clear and there's plenty of settings for equalizers for those who like them. It plays back literally any format you can throw at it, doesn't drain the battery too badly, can display all types of embedded artwork, handles Japanese nicely. It even auto pauses if your audio jack disconnects while you play. I have no complaints with it at all except that it could handle Unicode file paths better when you auto import a playlist but that's so minor I can live with fixing them up.

@Zeus you mean ZX1? if you do then omg I am so jealous that is a beauty right there. it's a bit pricey though. I'm thinking of upgrading to a pioneer xdp-300r at some point in the future, or what ever the future equivalent will be. I want to get a player with 2 dual sd slots so that way when the 512gb micro sd's come out I can have all 850gb of my music on one player. curse you San Disk bring out those 2tb micro sd already

Just now, Aeolus said:

@Zeus you mean ZX1? if you do then omg I am so jealous that is a beauty right there. it's a bit pricey though. I'm thinking of upgrading to a pioneer xdp-300r at some point in the future, or what ever the future equivalent will be. I want to get a player with 2 dual sd slots so that way when the 512gb micro sd's come out I can have all 850gb of my music on one player. curse you San Disk bring out those 2tb micro sd already

Yes I mistyped it. I meant the ZX1. Bought it secondhand from someone so I got 100 knocked off. The only minor gripe I have is that it uses a proprietary connector for the PC so if you do buy it load up on a bunch of them.