i guess we can call that simplicity or irony,or both xD

13 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

There's a Kuroyuri to kage session today as following:

Nihilizm LAST GIG 4MAN 『Nihility of the Explosion』-爆音の虚無- 
EVENT 2016 年 11 月 28 日 (月) 

開催日 
2016 年 11 月 28 日 (月) 
アーティスト 
Nihilizm 【GUEST】MORRIGAN / 黒百合と影セッション(voナメクジgtメガネba二頭筋drミッキー)/ LIRAIZO / (O.A)LANTANA

The members are as following:

voナメクジ (slug)

gtメガネ (glasses)

ba二頭筋 (biceps)

drミッキー (mickey mouse)

the members have tweeted the following:

Karasuna mei:
Oh by the way, I heard there's a Kuroyuri to kage session tomorrow, what's that about...

Kuro:

I guess I have to put on my glasses tomorrow

K: 

I really need to flex my biceps tomorrow at Shinjuku right!

Haruka:

I'll be Mickey tomorrow so I'll have to wear some disney goods. Let's create an atmosphere filled with dreams and magic!

I'm really curious to what they'll do. 

hey,could you explain whats going on,is that a kind of special concert,new band or what?

12 minutes ago, Kang MarLon said:

hey,could you explain whats going on,is that a kind of special concert,new band or what?

Yes, it's a "special concert", by a session band. A session band is a provisory band which consists of members of other bands, created for making performances in events, mostly covers.

6 minutes ago, IGM_Oficial said:

Yes, it's a "special concert", by a session band. A session band is a provisory band which consists of members of other bands, created for making performances in events, mostly covers.

ohh,i see,thanks for the explanation,i heard about that a time ago and didn't get.

does anyone have the tracklist??and that announcing on the paper,about a new cd,what do you think?i think that will probably be a single with 1 or 2 tracks,i don't believe that could be an album...also the name of the tour...damn,why so mysterious e..e"

Edited by Kang MarLon

15 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

I'm hoping for a full album with only a few already released songs will be included. But I guess time will tell. Just please, not another 2 track single ;_;

i got no hope for a full album or mini album,but even a cd with  1 track is ok to me,i didn't expect that kuroyuri would adopt this "mejibray,dadaroma" speed for new releases...this is awesome

22 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

Honestly, after Kuroyuri left Ains, their music did get a little ehh, but the release of Toshabutsu really was one of their most creative pieces. I can't wait for the new release(s)

Really? I think すてきな唄。 is my favorite song by them! Mei's face-shaking growl/scream thing is phenomenal, although you can hear an audible drop in recording quality in their later releases.

23 hours ago, patientZERO said:

Really? I think すてきな唄。 is my favorite song by them! Mei's face-shaking growl/scream thing is phenomenal, although you can hear an audible drop in recording quality in their later releases.

I felt as if the composition of the songs got way too simple for my taste. I mean, Zetsurin Full Course and Ekijo Heya were the only songs on the Zoki No Nozokiana single that had solos in it (For me, solos aren't a requirement, but they definitely do make a piece feel way bigger) and a lot of the songs just were paled in comparison to the awesomeness that were the songs "Yokusou", "Kimi No Kusuriyubi Wa Boku No Stew", "Gesshoku", etc. Though, that's not to say simple songs can't be amazing. In fact, a few simple, but fun ones are necessary, like "Gichigichi" or "Misui". 

Basically, what I'm saying is that there needs to be a balance between complex and simple songs, so that they complement eachother, like Yin and Yang xD

The first album and first mini album from Kuroyuri definitely achieved that balance. But in Zoki No Nozoki Ana, I feel as if "Sennou" could have been given an extra verse, and maybe a solo (Though I do like the electronic breakdown), and Chocolate Kaidan could have been lengthened and given a proper solo.

I guess that's why I loved Toshabutsu so much. Both songs on that single had compositions that were complex and had creative song structure. Kuro is an amazing guitarist and K is an amazing bassist and Mei is an amazing soloist, so I hold them to higher standards than I would hold any other Vkei musician, because I've seen their amazing potential. For me, Toshabutsu showed that potential. 

But, that's just my opinion, and I could be completely wrong and just spilling out a bunch of random stuff xD IDK anymore. 

You're entirely entitled to your own opinion, so don't think that it has less credit because you differ in opinion! Personally, though, I dislike when a band has a guitar solo on every song. It's becoming the norm in a lot of bands, but I feel like it kind of lessens the effect of each solo. For instance, Nokubura is one of my favorite bands, but pretty every song gives Cazqui a wank session. Again, I'm not saying it's bad, but I feel like just like you said there's a balance of tones, solos need to be balanced as well. 

18 hours ago, patientZERO said:

You're entirely entitled to your own opinion, so don't think that it has less credit because you differ in opinion! Personally, though, I dislike when a band has a guitar solo on every song. It's becoming the norm in a lot of bands, but I feel like it kind of lessens the effect of each solo. For instance, Nokubura is one of my favorite bands, but pretty every song gives Cazqui a wank session. Again, I'm not saying it's bad, but I feel like just like you said there's a balance of tones, solos need to be balanced as well. 

Same, tbh. Like I said, there needs to be a balance between simple songs, and complex songs~

I just really find it annoying though when a band barely has any solos though, or even lacking instrumental breaks. Like, if a song has very simple composition, usually a solo, or a very well executed breakdown can save it from sounding formulaic. An example I like to use is Gichigichi. For me, none of the songs on the Toshabutsu single needed a solo anyway, because the instrumental compositions were complex enough, and the song structures were creative enough that the songs feel perfected. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I like a variety in complexity and song structure, and I like songs that feel like a lot of effort has been put into writing it. 

If Kuroyuri still used traditional Japanese instruments, like in Memento Mori, I would honestly have my standards a bit lower, since I can deal with simple guitars behind an amazing synth line on a Shamisen or Shakuhachi or Koto xD

don't you forget that koyomi was the main or one of the main composers of their sound,so apparently,his depart had a impact for the band.i guess them need a new guitarist to join forces and create epic things again,like them did in their debut album.
them still doing a great job as three tho

Edited by Kang MarLon

Actually, when Kuroyuri formed, Kuro and Koyomi traded places, Kuro becoming the main composer for most songs. Though it is worth mentioning that all members wrote their own parts, so Koyomi leaving did affect the song writing in that the guitar parts had to become simpler. Which is totally fine, but it doesn't excuse the reuse of a simple song structure. Then again though, they were probably also rushed, which I can understand. If you're being rushed, you can't take as much time.

I have immense hope though, since I was blown away by Toshabutsu's awesomeness xD

7 hours ago, Kang MarLon said:

i wonder if it's too hard to find a replacer for koyomi or them prefer carry on as three...

I remember hearing from a guy who attended their farewell live that he overheard some people saying they were going to continue as a 4 member band. Of course, this could mean a replacement for either Mutsuki or Koyomi. 

On 05/12/2016 at 7:50 PM, AimiGen7 said:

I remember hearing from a guy who attended their farewell live that he overheard some people saying they were going to continue as a 4 member band. Of course, this could mean a replacement for either Mutsuki or Koyomi. 

oh...good to know that.but this number 4 could be the support member as well?i guess i'm wrong.anyway...i want a official drummer more than a new guitarrist,bcuz when there's no official drummer it feels like something is missing,just my opinion.but at the same time,i think that a new guitarist would add more influence to the band,more than a drummer.to me,koyomi and kuro were like Kaoru and Die(dir en grey),i mean, you can't imagine them both separated .thanks for the news.

1 hour ago, Kang MarLon said:

oh...good to know that.but this number 4 could be the support member as well?i guess i'm wrong.anyway...i want a official drummer more than a new guitarrist,bcuz when there's no official drummer it feels like something is missing,just my opinion.but at the same time,i think that a new guitarist would add more influence to the band,more than a drummer.to me,koyomi and kuro were like Kaoru and Die(dir en grey),i mean, you can't imagine them both separated .thanks for the news.

With me, a band can get away without an official drummer as long as they have someone who plays it in studio, or use good samples. Meanwhile, I think they definitely need 2 guitarists. I mean, yes, they could go the AvelCain way by having Kuro record two guitar parts, and have a prerecorded track of the 2nd guitar live, but that makes them feel a little fake. 

And you're right, Kuro and Koyomi were like Kaoru and Die. Partners that can't be separated.

At today's one man "「くろゆりとかげのみなさんのおかげでした」" in IKEBUKURO Chop, they gave free t-shirts to all attendances. It was a black t-shirt that 便所 in pink. Everyone had to wear it because they were shooting the live. Mei announced during a MC that they were going to put the footage on Youtube. Presumeable it's a live pv or live footage (duh).

Here's today's setlist (as confirmed by K):

1. 捜索願い (Sousaku Negai)

2. チョコレート階段 (Chocolate Kaidan)

3. 吐瀉物 (Toshabutsu)

4. キミの薬指はボクのシチュー。(Kimi no kusuriyubi wa boku no STEW)

5. 蜥蜴-トカゲ- (Tokage)

6. すてきな唄。 (Sutekina Uta)

7. 「洗脳」 ("Sennou")

8. ヨコハマメリー。 (Yokohama Merry.)

9.  断崖地獄喉輪落とし (Dangai jigoku nodowa otoshi)

10. ギチギチ (GichiGichi)

ENCORE

1. 「未遂」 ("Misui)

2. チヒロちゃんの眼球舐め (Chihiro chan no gankyuuname)

3. 「便所」("Benjo")

4. 「便所2」("Benjo 2")

5. 児童公園 (Jidou kouen)

6. 液状部屋 (Ekijou heya)

7. 断崖地獄喉輪落とし  (Dangai jigoku nodowa otoshi)

8. 「腐乱腐乱」 ("Furan Furan")

Quite surprised to not see their signature song, Yokusou there. Maybe they stopped playing it after Koyomi and Mutsuki leaving?

Great setlist eitherway, I hope the footage they upload is pure live footage, although I don't think they'll upload the entire thing.

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

14 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Mei announced during a MC that they were going to put the footage on Youtube

thats pretty cool of them!!!!!! cant wait to watch it

1 hour ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

At today's one man "「くろゆりとかげのみなさんのおかげでした」" in IKEBUKURO Chop, they gave free t-shirts to all attendances. It was a black t-shirt that 便所 in pink. Everyone had to wear it because they were shooting the live. Mei announced during a MC that they were going to put the footage on Youtube. Presumeable it's a live pv or live footage (duh).

Here's today's setlist (as confirmed by K):

1. 捜索願い (Sousaku Negai)

2. チョコレート階段 (Chocolate Kaidan)

3. 吐瀉物 (Toshabutsu)

4. キミの薬指はボクのシチュー。(Kimi no kusuriyubi wa boku no STEW)

5. 蜥蜴-トカゲ- (Tokage)

6. すてきな唄。 (Sutekina Uta)

7. 「洗脳」 ("Sennou")

8. ヨコハマメリー。 (Yokohama Merry.)

9.  断崖地獄喉輪落とし (Dangai jigoku nodowa otoshi)

10. ギチギチ (GichiGichi)

ENCORE

1. 「未遂」 ("Misui)

2. チヒロちゃんの眼球舐め (Chihiro chan no gankyuuname)

3. 「便所」("Benjo")

4. 「便所2」("Benjo 2")

5. 児童公園 (Jidou kouen)

6. 液状部屋 (Ekijou heya)

7. 断崖地獄喉輪落とし  (Dangai jigoku nodowa otoshi)

8. 「腐乱腐乱」 ("Furan Furan")

Quite surprised to not see their signature song, Yokusou there. Maybe they stopped playing it after Koyomi and Mutsuki leaving?

Great setlist eitherway, I hope the footage they upload is pure live footage, although I don't think they'll upload the entire thing.

I think it'd be cool if they did a live PV. Kuroyuri does describe themselves as a "Live Band", and they haven't done a PV in a LONG time. I hope it's full live footage though. Perhaps they may release the full live on a DVD someday. 

2 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Mei announced during a MC that they were going to put the footage on Youtube. Presumeable it's a live pv or live footage (duh).

I'm pretty sure it's a digest.

lets at least hope for a long digest video !!! somehow i think it'll be more than just that, they wont need all those shirts for just a digest.

1 minute ago, emmny said:

lets at least hope for a long digest video !!! somehow i think it'll be more than just that, they wont need all those shirts for just a digest.

It could be a CM Spot for a live DVD