Sign in to follow this  
hiroki

FoLLoW will disband

3 minutes ago, betsvri said:

NOOOOooooooo......;;;;

Why them???

Because it's a small pop/rock Visual band based in Osaka ?! 3 years is enough for them. 

It's not my cup of tea but their full album isn't that bad. I think there are a lot of worst active band actually.

After the news already slipped out yesterday I was kind of prepared...

But I still don't know what to say and it doesn't really makes it any better. I came to love this band so much during the past 1 1/2 years...

Last live will be on December 11th, 2016.

They will have one last shusai tour from November 14th to 30th in Osaka, Tokyo, Kyoto and Nagoya and celebrate Masashi's birthday on 30th.

3 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

what the flying fuck, man... any specific reason given? here we go again, losing another band that could actually release good music ending so sudden... Masashi NEEDS to be in a new band, the world can't lose that voice

Correct me if I'm wrong but Masashi writes that he doesn't see a future (for this band) anymore after 3 years of band activity. He lost his motivation to continue going and doesn't want to give lives without completely enjoying it.

The others didn't mention any reasons just said that it's not due to musical differences and that they are still good friends. So I think it's really because they couldn't gain more fans...

1 minute ago, kareta-uta said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Masashi writes that he doesn't see a future (for this band) anymore after 3 years of band activity. He lost his motivation to continue going and doesn't want to give lives without completely enjoying it.

The others didn't mention any reasons just said that it's not due to musical differences and that they are still good friends. So I think it's really because they couldn't gain more fans...

I can understand his point... It's a shame that bands are barely able to survive in such a unstable and small scene that is vk. You either go big fast or you will forever stay in the same place. FeelsBadMan

sorry i don't have it in me to translate their comments atm but that's the gist of it. masashi also mentioned that his ongoing uncertainty and dissatisfaction over the band's difficulties started to become a cause for concern for both the members and fans, and when he who's standing on the stage became the person people needed to worry over he felt like he has failed as a bandman and as their leader. he also emphasized that FoLLoW's disbandment isn't because the members couldn't get along well; in fact he was able to come this far only because of them.

Edited by hiroki

SIgh..... I just don't know what to say about this I mean they had such amazing music and one song that I just can't get over to this day and I thought they would only go up from here but I do realize it all depends on the fans.... "Pinocchio" was one of the best songs released in VK for me to date and I wished they could've wrote more spectacular songs like that in the near future but I guess it isn't mean to be so....

I do hope however that thy can regain confidence and maybe switch locations and start something new because I already miss them and they haven't even disbanded yet... Bye my lovelies<3 and I hope this is just for now

1 hour ago, CloudyTree said:

Well, that was unexpected... They looked so happy on their July-One-Man. A shame to see them disband. I had high hopes for them.... 

actually that's what makes me really sad. like they must be all feeling horrible and miserable inside but they have to be professional and pretend that everything's fine just to put up an amazing show for the fans.

I was just starting to get into their album. This sucks. Another band with a ton of potential down the drain. Don't fail us now Purple Stone.....your our only hope.

My heart just sank reading that. I had a lot of hope for these guys and they had a great sound. D; 

I hope there's bigger and better things in their future but this news is a real shock. 

13 minutes ago, vanivani said:

That's such a bummer >_<

Haven't gotten the chance to listen to them, but they seemed like a promising band. 

Check out their full album. It's kind of generic but has some good highlights. This band had a lot of potential

God, no...just when I started to listen to them :( what a shame..I was hoping to see them grow and progress over the next few years. They have some really nice tunes in their discography!

Well, shit. I only just got into them.

Hopefully their vocalist joins some other band or something, I adore his voice.

21 hours ago, kareta-uta said:

So I think it's really because they couldn't gain more fans...

Doesn't sound far-fetched. Their one-man in july was far away of being blessed with a big crowd...

I'll probably go to their last one-man, because they really deserve it for being a brilliant live band, cool people and for all the great songs they've written!

Today Masashi said that he'll be writing one last song for the fans, but he didn't mention if it would be for sale (unlikely imo given their imminent disbandment), or distributed, or even recorded at all. I'll update if there's any news.

7 minutes ago, hiroki said:

Today Masashi said that he'll be writing one last song for the fans, but he didn't mention if it would be for sale (unlikely imo given their imminent disbandment), or distributed, or even recorded at all. I'll update if there's any news.

I thought the same.. that it will be either live-distributed or only a live-song but then I thought... he's speaking of instores...

They can't do instores without a CD, can they? (Just tell me they can't, ok?)

Btw, that blog entry was heartbreaking...

Edited by kareta-uta

16 minutes ago, kareta-uta said:

I thought the same.. that it will be either live-distributed or only a live-song but then I thought... he's speaking of instores...

They can't do instores without a CD, can they? (Just tell me they can't, ok?)

Btw, that blog entry was heartbreaking...

hmm that's a good point. there's still 3 months so maybe it's possible. i hope you're right!

as for that blog entry, idk about others but it actually made me feel a little better (the past 24 hours were probably the worst i've felt in years). at the very least masashi was able to be honest about certain things and it's clear that they have given a lot of thought to this decision. i also like how he isn't feeling any more guilty than he should about this (which was the thing that worried me most about his disbandment comments yesterday)- which i think is right, because the last thing fans would want is for their remaining lives and events to turn into major apology sessions.

Edited by hiroki

And I might be able to imagine how you feel. The past two days were horrible for me as well and I'm happy Masashi wrote another blog entry.. it made me understand it better. I'd be happy if the others commented as well. (Looking especially at you, Maki.)

After announcements like that I always hope the members write more afterwards because if a band you love announces its disbanding you're in a state where you can't move forward or back until the members say something else except for the official stuff. Or at least.. that's how it is for me.

It was the worst for me when Rulu took a few weeks of break from social media before and after the disbanding announcement of ALIVE...

I'd love to hear this one last song.. but all we can do is wait now. It probably won't take long for them to announce something. Probably later this month? We have to get our hands on this >_<

Sign in to follow this