Sign in to follow this  
DeithX252

Galileo Galilei will disband

The band posted the following message on the site:

After the release of our fourth album Sea and The Darkness, and our spring tour starting in March, Galileo Galilei will disband.

Almost 10 years ago, the three of us got together in a small garage in Wakkanai in Hokkaido and started playing music like it was just a game you play with friends. That "game" made us into Galileo Galilei, and brought us this far. Our sudden success caught us off guard, and as we tried to figure out what music we should play, our aimless lives became something with meaning. We grew up in those fantastic years, and before we knew it, our music that we just started playing for kicks became something irreplaceable that we put our life into bettering.

Looking back, the band Galileo Galilei is maybe like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.

As everyone knows, we're not so great at communicating with words. We've put all our thoughts into our last album, Sea and The Darkness. If we can make anyone feel anything with that album, it'd be great.

Nothing's been decided after this, but I believe it'll be good news. We look forward to seeing you at the concerts.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-25/rock-band-galileo-galilei-to-break-up-after-spring-tour/.97936

Latest news I read was they would release new album, but they announced to disband recently :(

man that's a bummer they have some really good music. 10 years is a long time tho, many bands never make it that far so I guess there's something positive there.

Will definitely be checking out their new album when it comes out, need to listen to this last piece of material from them and send them off in glory :D

I've always enjoyed their output for the most part, so this is kinda sad to hear (they even had one of my favorite songs last year, from their latest EP). But they were really young when they first started out, so this seems like a natural decision in order for the members to go out and do something different in regards to music. At least there will be a final album!

That's a sweet farewell message too, by the way! They'll be missed.

Sign in to follow this