Trombe

Double River Record new band "DEVIZE" has formed

^ You are too familiar with bands you like. The acute voice is the preview is very similar to Karma's vocal.

How does one become "too familiar" with bands they like haha? Do you mean in the sense that you end up splitting hairs when describing something that to casual listeners sounds the same?

Still, there are quite a few vocalists I'd attribute this to before Karma.. this guy sings more openly, (more) like a normal person., he uses a slight whine when he sings much like every high voiced boy in VK, but he doesn't put his entire vocal array through it like Yuuki or Karma who do it to the point of becoming a character voice.

How does one become "too familiar" with bands they like haha? Do you mean in the sense that you end up splitting hairs when describing something that to casual listeners sounds the same?

Still, there are quite a few vocalists I'd attribute this to before Karma.. this guy sings more openly, (more) like a normal person., he uses a slight whine when he sings much like every high voiced boy in VK, but he doesn't put his entire vocal array through it like Yuuki or Karma who do it to the point of becoming a character voice.

Imo (yeah it's my own opinion) When you are too familiar with a band you like a lot (or even something totally different than music), it's more... difficult (complicated ?) to be obvious and accept comparisons. But maybe, it's not the right topic to talk about that '__'

Of course, there are many... maaaany vocalists with an acute voice but I thought about Karma immediately.

I was hoping something like L's voice...deeper... because I miss The 3rd Birthday.

Imo (yeah it's my own opinion) When you are too familiar with a band you like a lot (or even something totally different than music), it's more... difficult (complicated ?) to be obvious and accept comparisons. But maybe, it's not the right topic to talk about that '__'

Of course, there are many... maaaany vocalists with an acute voice but I thought about Karma immediately.

I was hoping something like L's voice...deeper... because I miss The 3rd Birthday.

Yes and you are right about that! Ha, it makes it that much harder to generalize. Especially when bands you listen to have general similarities, on the VK scene something we all can relate to XD

Again though I agree, his look made me envision something different and now that you mention it, L is pretty damn close to what I was thinking haha.

The vocalist's tone is very similar to AvelCain's Karma―sort of high, but rough, almost like a rusty hinge or something haha. (Not implicating “copying” or anything, just an objective statement.) Also, I can see it quickly getting old, but I enjoyed the vocalist's technique of singing “up” the last note of each phrase. It's interesting, at least. I could see him going on to do something successful after this band breaks up.

Instrumental isn't anything special, imo, but at least it sounds decent. They need to work on their presence/vamping a little bit too, 'cause atm it's not convincing (that 篠突く雨 band has the same problem).

Interested to hear their first releases in full! Hopefully they all appear here :P

^ You are too familiar with bands you like. The acute voice in the preview is very similar to Karma's vocal.

Haha I wouldn't say that it's just I really didn't hear anything similar to Karma in this spot it was more out of curiosity like if it reminded you of a special part of a AC song and I agree with Elazmus's point of view but I know where you're coming from