MukiTsuki666

exist†trace's New look and new mini album announced!

I really dont know if i like it or not, i just keep hoping for the heavier/darker side of them and i know it may never happen again but this poppy stuff isnt doing anything for me. Dx

hmm, 15 seconds isn't much to go on, but it really does sound like a nondescript "anime theme"

Yeah that jumped out at me too. It looks like a generic K-Pop video. Compare it to the creepy, dark atmosphere of "Resonance." Big change.

QUESTION.. I just noticed the URL for Jyou's profile page is http://www.exist-trace.com/profile/joe.html

.. Is her name supposed to be spelt JOE???? Was it always like that? Did she change it? People have always seemed to use "Jyou".

As long as I know she's always been jyô ("ou" in japanese equals a nasal "o" -except when they sing, but that is a poetical license i suppose, and they go "owoooo"-). i gues the JOE thing is just to make it sound cool and trendy, however the English name Joe is not pronounced the same as JYÔ...

Nah, "Joe" in Japanese would typically be written/pronounced as ジョー, which is the same thing as ジョウ, which is Jyou's name.

Another example is Joe Hisaishi, whose first name written in Japanese is 譲 (じょう = ジョウ).

As I mentioned in my other post in this thread, there are a ton of different ways to romanize ジョウ, and Joe is just an English-ized (Anglicized?) way to write ジョウ. My question was about whether Jyou had ever used the spelling "Joe" before.