Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

Well, their previous single sucked major balls and was the worst thing since TMOAB, so I'm not expecting anything. Lotus sounds like a really nice name though. Maybe they'll surprise me and do something totally different from their usual style. Their wannabe deathcore crap is getting a bit old. Uroboros was a really nice direction, but Hageshisa totally ruined the progress. But let's hope it was just a temporary brain damage.

Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree less.

Well, their previous single sucked major balls and was the worst thing since TMOAB, so I'm not expecting anything. Lotus sounds like a really nice name though. Maybe they'll surprise me and do something totally different from their usual style. Their wannabe deathcore crap is getting a bit old. Uroboros was a really nice direction, but Hageshisa totally ruined the progress. But let's hope it was just a temporary brain damage.

Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree less.

Couldn't agree more

As I'm walking down the white void

Machinations feel my despair

I am lost, despair, anger Joy

The washers stir my soul, bringing righteousness to the unfair

I see you across the aisle

Seeing you, it makes me vile

75% off of my meaning of desire

What do you guys think of my concept lyrics so far?

Personally, I find Withering to Death and Vulgar their best albums. I've never really been that impressed by UROBOROS, but that's just me.

Same. I find that to be their most innovative time. Both with their music and video clips. UROBOROS did bring back what I loved about diru so much though - that they are able to successfully re-invent their sound with every album without it ever getting boring.

I really hope they bring back their art with their video clips with this single and album. Besides for Vinushka.. I haven't really enjoyed any of their music videos since the withering to death-era. They seem to think that their music videos are no longer important and they feel like an afterthought to the music. While it was admirable when they first thought this back in 2006.. its gotten boring and lost its purpose.

You may not consider fan of dir en grey

please stop comment SHI*T...

I lov diru

and i cant wait for this, is the best news for my of this 2010

and i cant wait for DEATHGAZE album XP

track listing:

01. LOTUS

02. OBSCURE

03. 冷血??り???? *Live take at SHINKIBA STUDIO COAST on July 20, 2010

Not an avid fan, but new DEG stuff is usually worth checking out. Will give it a shot when it's released ;3

only one new song?

They need to stop this remix thing. Or at least try harder.

I miss some real B-sides songs from them like Fukai, Toriko, etc than just LIVE version and new version of songs

I miss some real B-sides songs from them like Fukai, Toriko, etc than just LIVE version and new version of songs

I agree with Chianti...except in this case. I've been dying to hear the new version of OBSCURE and I had a big feeling that they were going to put it on their next single since they've headlined almost every set with it so that came as no surprise. Reiketsu Nariseba live is just a joke though, but I'd rather that then the shitty remixes they had on a lot of their earlier singles.

I agree with Chianti...except in this case. I've been dying to hear the new version of OBSCURE and I had a big feeling that they were going to put it on their next single since they've headlined almost every set with it so that came as no surprise. Reiketsu Nariseba live is just a joke though, but I'd rather that then the shitty remixes they had on a lot of their earlier singles.

I barely recognized it when they performed it in Philadelphia, but I bet hearing this new version recorded would be a lot better than hearing it live. I'm excited now, for real. Obscure is probably my favorite Diry song.

im mixed about the new songs (b sides) vs. remakes. because these remakes practically are whole new songs except for some key compositions left in

Didn't care for the Hydra remake but an Obscure remake? Sounds pretty decent. Will be very hard to surpass the original though.

I'd rather that then the shitty remixes they had on a lot of their earlier singles.

oh god yes.

they've never really done 'real' b-sides anyway except on a tiny insignificant handful of singles, so these remakes are a lot more interesting than the junk remixes and iffy live recordings we'd be getting otherwise.