Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

I hope it's nothing like Hageshisa to.

This!

After releasing one of the 5 worst songs ever in form of Hageshisashittycrapblablabla, I have no expectations for this to be anything else than garbage. Their latest re-recordings was horrible as well, so I just can't see how this is gonna be any good. BUt then again, I did not see how Uroboros could be any good either, being released after they released one of the 5 worst albums of all time. So hopefully they'll surprise me.

But I hope they continue their Deathcore-garbage with so-called "brutal" and "heavy" riffs, "brutal" drumming, "brutal" screams and then go for weak, poppy chorus. Lulz! It's so weak.

I don't really hope they do it though. I hope they at least try to make something listenable this time, instead of giving up and just writing the worst song ever, like with Hageshishablablawhatisthisshittysongcalledagain?

and then there's this kid, who likes -OZ- LOL!

It'll suck, like all their releases post-Yukiya production.

go back to your tranny music.

kthxbye

kthxbye

tumblr_lci0rqSRtV1qbuyrv.gif

and then there's this kid, who likes -OZ- LOL!

Did lol irl at that though.

kthxbye

Tranny is a derogatory term for transsexuals. Please educate yourself.

Stuff like this is completely unavoidable in a Dir en grey topic, isn't it? .___.

Keep the discussion in this topic on the single, not on who's opinion is less valid based on what other bands that person listens to. We don't need another flame war. Kthnxbai.

i am well-aware of this. and do i care? no. you missed the point

but yeah i hope this single is good, cant wait for a preview, etc.

Didn't mind MOTB. Not their best album, but there were enough songs on it to keep me interested. Concieved Sorrow is probably my favourite ballad of theirs. So well written.

Last single wasn't bad either. Nothing overly amazing but not bad.

I actually think Uroboros is the overrated album of theirs. So many people think its the best thing ever released.. and I never saw it. Sure, it was a solid album, but to me they had done better.

But usually diru changes their style with the 2nd single post-album release, so I'm expecting something new. Haven't they said they are going for a different sound with this album? I'm guessing this is going to be our teaser.

auto tune core.

like loathing in Las Vegas.

this place about to blow oh oh oh oh oh

but actually i wissh for something like dozing green or amber.

they had rough sounding (hagewhtevr it's 2009) for first single. so maybe this one a ballad or mid tempo serenade.

i am well-aware of this. and do i care? no. you missed the point

but yeah i hope this single is good, cant wait for a preview, etc.

Straight white male says something ignorant. News at 11.

I actually think Uroboros is the overrated album of theirs. So many people think its the best thing ever released.. and I never saw it. Sure, it was a solid album, but to me they had done better.

this!

I feel like their older works are what is over rated.

Agreed. Though I love their older stuff (especially Missa, Gauze, and Macabre), there tends to be this huge consensus amongst most "true fans" that their best work was macabre, kisou, and gauze. On a technical standpoint, this could not be farther from the truth. Each member has excelled at their own respective field since those times, and are far better musicians now. If anything with the exception of Toshiya (that bass solo in Akuro no oka is phenomenal), the bands earlier material is extremely simplistic. It relied way to heavily on pop melody and rock construction that it wasn't anything that was so GREAT.

Their new material on the other hand is leagues beyond their older stuff. The composition and structure of their music now is so deep and rich with so many powerful elements, that there is so much to appreciate. That is the appeal and why the band has been receiving such huge critical acclaim all over the place.

what kind of "older" works? they've been around since 1997

for me, they have been doing the best wapanese moosic ever written with kisou -> vulgar and probably withering to death

(add kr cube there as well)

everything before and after just can't compare

(I still like hageshisato though, don't get all the RAEG)

what kind of "older" works? they've been around since 1997

for me, they have been doing the best wapanese moosic ever written with kisou -> vulgar and probably withering to death

(add kr cube there as well)

everything before and after just can't compare

(I still like hageshisato though, don't get all the RAEG)

MISSA, Macabre, Gauze, Vulgar, Withering To Death. Why'd you put older in quotations? Are you implying that they aren't old?

Personally, I find Withering to Death and Vulgar their best albums. I've never really been that impressed by UROBOROS, but that's just me.

all of their albums have their own listeners and haters.

but no matter what they are always step up a notch (or for some step down) in this game.

they never stop challenge themselves as artists, as musicians.

with that, even if they stepping down on some releases, they just lower themselves to get higher.

personally, i see their works since MISSA up until Hageshisa to... as musical journey. not one sounds similar with the other.

and for that, i admire them. :)

This band will get heavier. Heavier as in the re-recorded Zan. It just feels weird that in their recent tours overseas they have not played any ballads like they usually do. All of their set lists were filled with their heaviest material with THE FINAL occasionally thrown in. So I feel like that's the image Dir en grey want to portray themselves as to their audience: A band aiming for a sound that is one of the more extreme aspects of metal (deathcore). Afterall, they are really the only Japanese band that can pull off being a band like this.

Well, their previous single sucked major balls and was the worst thing since TMOAB, so I'm not expecting anything. Lotus sounds like a really nice name though. Maybe they'll surprise me and do something totally different from their usual style. Their wannabe deathcore crap is getting a bit old. Uroboros was a really nice direction, but Hageshisa totally ruined the progress. But let's hope it was just a temporary brain damage.

Couldn't agree more.