Sign in to follow this  
Nagisa

[HELP] Redirecting

When I go to MH by clicking from Google the first time I am always redirected to a website that looks like spam. When I type the website's URL I don't get this problem. Does anyone else have this happen to them?

Thank you for filing this issue.

and I are aware of this. We know that you are not the only user to suffer from this problem because I get it all the time too. We've been researching it for quite some time and we think we know what it is, and the problem is buried somewhere within the skin.

Tonight or tomorrow morning, we will temporarily disable the Innovation 4 skin and enable the Chameleon Dark skin for all users so we can test our hypothesis. It may stay this way for anywhere between a few days and a few weeks.

I just want to chime in and say that it's hit or miss with direct links from Google. Sometimes I have no problems clicking them and there are times where they redirect me to a link but it never fully loads due to ad-blocking software. 

I just want to chime in and say that it's hit or miss with direct links from Google. Sometimes I have no problems clicking them and there are times where they redirect me to a link but it never fully loads due to ad-blocking software.

What you said here is consistent with what I figured out about it. I know more about how it works than how to get rid of it unfortunately but I know that it's only affecting Google link searches. Coming directly here avoids this issue 100%. It tries it's best to pretend that it's "random", but it really is flipping a coin to see if it should redirect or not and if it does it "remembers" not to redirect you for a few hours. It's really annoying and spammy and stupid but it's not causing any major security issues.

Still though, I will get rid of this as soon as possible.

I always get bewbs.

Lucky :( I always get a page telling me about wireless routers. I guess it thinks the nerd in me would get off to that more :v

Sign in to follow this