Sign in to follow this  
Des

SCREW - DUALITY

This is MUCH better than the piece of shit X-RAYS was (except for a few songs).

My thoughts in short:

Dual Assault: not too interesting but it does the job as an intro, but nothing more than that - 6/10

Setsuna no Kono: pretty good, already liking it more than the past singles - 7/10

Duality: expected a bit more because it's the title song, but it's enjoyable as well - 7/10

Cursed Hurricane: I don't like this anymore, because of the vocals mostly, it does not fit on this album and it's below average - 5/10

Femme Fatale: very cool song, you can rock out on this one - 7/10

False Dawn: most beautiful melodies yet, I love the guitar here - 8/10

Lower World: again very nice, this shows what SCREW should be doing - 8/10

Ancient Rain: better than the other single Cursed Hurricane, also fits in the album more - 7/10

Inferiority Complex: we hear some more X-RAYS influences here in the distorted screaming parts, but hell, the guitar riffs and the clean singing is all very nice so - 6/10

M.R.T: not digging the vocal effects here, guitar riffs are good to rock out on but very standard - 5/10

Jail Breaker: it sounds like the vocalist is puking here... all the way from beginning till the end - 3/10

Rosary: much better than the last two songs, and probably my favorite of the entire album, love the chorus - 9/10

As Cold As Marble: good to finish with, nothing is amazing about this song but everything is good - 7/10

it may be better than X-Rays, but it was still relatively awful.

tracks enjoyed were setsuna no kono, false dawn, and rosary.

...in other thoughts, the title track... is... well... simply... disjointed. the song felt so unnatural with all those... nonexistent transitions. augh.

...I really don't have anything to say besides that.

刹那??刻 - Pretty cool intro. I love how it builds into the song. I love whispering introductions. Solid song, but far from anything spectacular. 3/5

DUALITY - for the title track, I say it is very weak. Everything just seems like a flat blur. Nothing in this song really stands out except for the tapping section. Just didn't do its job as a title song. Boring. 2/5

Cursed Hurricane - Still like this song. It is just very catchy to me. Decent 3/5

ファム・ファタール - Pretty cool heavy song with nice techno-ish elements, but once again it suffers from just being on the same level. Really good the first couple of times, but something I'll probably pass over after awhile. 3/5.

false dawn - Very nice on the ears. Love the singing in this. Incredibly catchy. The song goes by in a blur for me, but I enjoy the ride. 3.5/5

Lower World - I'm a sucker for pianos. Loved it at first, but I felt like it dragged on a little bit. The only parts that hit me truly were the intro and outro. 3/5

Ancient Rain - Better than Cursed Hurricane. Finally a song that doesn't sound to flat. Still love this ballad. 4/5

Inferiority Complex - That chorus! ewwwwww....after the endless nightmare part. WTF is that NOTE he hits? or rather attempts to hit? b/c just...no. Love the cool synths. Reminds me of old school Screw. Didn't mind this song too much, but that chorus is what pulled it down for me. 3.5/5

M.R.T. - Listening closely....does that deep growl say "Shut the fuck up?" lol...sounds like it. Do Screw write lyrics to their songs anymore? It seems like they make a lot of noise over an instrumental. Pretty fun instrumental to listen too, but I'd take the vocals out any day to save this song. 2.5/5

Jail breaker - Sweet sounding intro. If Byou didn't growl and scream so much, this might have been a great song. I like his low whispers and lower vocals. The screaming makes this songs sound bad. The chorus is horrible. 2.5/5

rosary - FINALLY! So sweet. Beautiful melody. Perfect singing for this song. So heartfelt. Beautiful pianos. Excellent solo. Just an overall great song. Why couldn't all the songs be this tight and beautiful. 5/5

as cold as marble - I'm surprised. I like the chorus which is becoming more and more rare for each Screw song that I listen to recently. The vocal melody to this song is pretty nice to listen to. Once again - spot on solo. Why did they wait until the end of the album to make good songs. 4.5/5

Overall: 3/5. Not going to lie, I prefer X Rays. lol. These song while put together better are flat and the chorus lines have gotten worse IMO. Some of these songs it's like Byou just forgot how to flow lyrics into them. At least on X Rays, the vocal melodies fit the songs better and didn't seem awkward at times. I'm sorry, but their is no reason to waste money on this album. There are only a handful of good songs on here. Flat sound. Vocals suffer at times or just aren't good. The instrumentals weren't bad, I think it has to do more with mastering off the song, but I can see why they won't be major anytime soon....sorry.

I'm too lazy to do a song per song review, so i'll make this short and not write a dissertation that would make your face hurt.

The album isn't as bad as I expected. I kinda like it, but I just felt it was way too generic. Jail breaker is probably the worst song from the album, and I still don't like ANCIENT RAIN nor CURSED HURRICANE. My favorite song would be ファム・ファタール, I just really love how the song starts. I wanted another 幻影??鎖 on this album, but oh well ): Can't say they suck, but the album is nothing special too. I also liked X-RAYS a bit more.

6.5/10

I'm surprised so many actually think X-Rays was better. Well, each to their own.

I'm lazy so I'll do a really short review.

Really good songs are; 刹那??刻, Duality, false dawn, Lower World, Ancient Rain, Rosary.

Am I the only one who likes Duality? The song progression is really cool. It's original. Maybe it shouldn't have been the PV song, but it's still very good. Atleast they tried something other that main riff - verse - chorus - verse - chorus - break etc. And it blends well, in my opinion.

Chorus of 刹那??刻 is really addicting and mellow. Lower World, false down etc. are the kind of songs they should focus on. This is where they are clearly at their best. Piano of Rosary is awesome. The solo, on the other hand, was really boring. Dual solo on that song would've been too good.

Good songs are; femme fatale, Inferiority Complex, as cold as marble.

femme fatale is very cool. Glad they're experimenting. Could be better, but it's not bad at all. That ending duel solo of IC is sweet. as cold as marble sounds like their basic upbeat rock songs they play as the final song of their gig.

The rest are meeeh. I was expecting that M.R.T and Jail Breaker would be just crap, but they weren't THAT bad. Not that they're that good either.

Their best full album. Easily. Can't even compare X-Rays to this, half of the songs on that were pure crap. Crap-factor is almost non-existant in this album. A lot of improvement, but leaves room for more. I like this direction. Rui's joining was exactly what they needed. I'd say this deserves 8/10.

Not a bad album, a few good songs, fave track was Rosary.

7/10

At least it was better than X-Rays, that album was an insult to my ears.

Anyone else notice the first couple notes in Inferiority Complex are exactly the same as the first couple in Sadie's Ice Romancer? Same speed, same tuning. Couldn't give that song a chance after that. I still need to take time to give the album a full listen though.

Haven't listened all the way through yet, but just wish to say that in "M.R.T" when they're screaming "Shut the fuck up" I laugh so hard, but I do like what I'm hearing so far.

Anyone else notice the first couple notes in Inferiority Complex are exactly the same as the first couple in Sadie's Ice Romancer? Same speed, same tuning. Couldn't give that song a chance after that. I still need to take time to give the album a full listen though.

Same speed, same tuning and the same tone of voice, idk what is screw's vocaloids name, but he sounds really close to mao in this song.

considering they're bouncing between a sadie copy-cat and another upbeat VK band, I hope that only crappy sales will stop this POS band from going major.

I mean, I want them to become another Sug, so they're mocked and laughed at and people point finger and all that cool stuff.

Same speed, same tuning and the same tone of voice, idk what is screw's vocaloids name, but he sounds really close to mao in this song.

considering they're bouncing between a sadie copy-cat and another upbeat VK band, I hope that only crappy sales will stop this POS band from going major.

I mean, I want them to become another Sug, so they're mocked and laughed at and people point finger and all that cool stuff.

Different speed, and Byou doesn't sound like Mao at all. The notes are the same, yes, but Screw used this same riff with same notes in Thirty♂Revolver, which was released in 2006. Aka two years before Ice Romancer. Not to mention that this "riff" is like the most used breakfiller in heavy vk songs. That thing is just a chromatic run without palm muting, and I doubt anyone would even want to take credit for making something like that up.

The songs are way better than everything on X-Rays, but I will still have to say that I enjoy X-Rays a lot more. Duality was just plain bad, horrible, lame and all that. X-Rays was so bad it was funny. When listening to X-Rays you'll at least get entertained for a few minutes due to the hilarious production. Duality doesn't have that. It's just boring boring and more boring. There's nothing here at all. Nothing good or decent, and nothing so bad it's hilarious.

What a shame, I had expected them to at least make me laugh out loud with something.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! you all haterz! screw is best band eva! better than michael jackson! better voice! so full range!

1000000/10

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! you all haterz! screw is best band eva! better than michael jackson! better voice! so full range!

1000000/10

LOLOL. Now I remember where I knew your username from, JPM. Everyone thought you were insane/mentally challenged.

1000000/10

Sounds like Mitsu2.0 :lol:

I'm scared to listen to this album. What if it's worse than that piece of crap called X-RAYS? *shivers*

I'm scared to listen to this album. What if it's worse than that piece of crap called X-RAYS? *shivers*

it not is!!!!!! it is better than crap called michael jackson thriller!!!!!!!!!!!

byouuuuuuuuuuuuuu sugoiiiiii, kawaiiiiii desu neeeeeeee

1000000/10

TROLOLOLOL

ok now on a more serious note. this album is okay. its so much better than x rays.

Setsuna no koku, Cursed Hurricane, false dawn, Lower World, ANCIENT RAIN, INFERIORITY COMPLEX, rosary and as cold as marble are all good tracks.

very simple but catchy. i wont skip them if they get shuffled. the other 5 songs are crap.

--> 5.5/10 i guess.

Sign in to follow this