Nagisa

Hello

Hello everyone.

I first visited this site when Beautiful Deformity came out to read the reviews, and recently I also read the reviews for Dogma. As you can tell, I am a big fan of the GazettE. Their music is almost the only thing I listen to, aside from a couple videogame soundtracks  and occasionally ν[NEU] and Kagrra. I used to listen to D but not anymore. 

Believe it or not, I have only ever listened to Japanese music my whole life. When I was a freshman in high school, I had to do a project that included a song, which got me interested in Pokemon music, which I listened to for all of high school. I also learned Japanese by myself in high school and continued taking classes in college. In college I got interested in theme songs for Japanese horror movies (weird I know) which was what led me to visual kei. The first visual kei songs that I heard were D's Yami no Kuni no Alice, Kagrra's Jusou, and the GazettE's Chizuru. Honestly, I have been listening to music for less than 10 years. 

The first album I got from them was Toxic (around the time Division came out). I thought it was okay but after that I got Dim and was blown away, and I've been a fan ever since. I'd really like to go to one of their lives. 

I am pretty adamant about having my music on physical CDs, so I have 25 Pokemon CDs and 18 GazettE CDs. 

Sorry for the long introduction. Anyways, I hope to post a couple of reviews here and talk to other GazettE fans (and maybe even get introduced to another band or two). 

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here.

Feel free to post your reviews and share your thoughts with us!

How did you enjoy DOGMA?

That's a pretty interesting way to come around to visual kei. Especially to only hear japanese music your entire life. I dont know many people who can say that. Even japanese people! Haha. Hopefully we can help expand your exposure to new music. Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

I only got DOGMA last week and I want to listen to it a few more times before reviewing it, but so far I agree that many of the songs sound too similar. I will probably post a review for Beautiful Deformity in the next few days, though. Oh, and another quirk of mine is that I listen to all my music in order, so I start with whatever was released earliest and end with the most recent stuff, so it takes a while to listen to the new stuff a couple of times. It is easy since I mostly just listen to CDs.

Welcome.

I am very new here too.

What movie did D's song feature in, and I remember Chizuru was for a movie about an apartment? Am I allowed to use you for Japanese horror film recommendations? XD Or do you just listen to the music? In which case, I am up for recommendations for new tracks to try out too.

Your story is quite awesome. :)) I didn't even think to think of Pokemon having a real soundtrack!