Sign in to follow this  
Erin

formal hello?

hi! i was told it'd be best if i just made a re-introduction after being on and off for so long so. yeah

i'm Erin. i used to be active on this forum like four years ago but i really don't wanna remember that because i was beyond salvation back then. i also had a shit music tasted. i liked SuG unironically?? god?? i remember liking lycaon and regretting at some point

anyway. nowadays i listen to more japanese music in general. i'm a generic shibuya kei stan, but i tend to listen to most of everything! i'm trying to be more knowledgeable of more indie acts lately, and i'm always hunting for recs because i am awful at using jpopsuki or last.fm. or stalking people's libraries. i'll probably be leeching off a lot of recs here

i also have this tumblr music blog where i reblog and ocasionally post things i enjoy? give it a try if you have free time

i hope i get along with everyone again  :cookie:

Nice to meet you formally, haha. Welcome, officially!

I already follow you on tumblr already. What are some of your fav. bands?

MAN CAT THAT IS SUCH A !!! QUESTION

because i don't know how to choose favorites, i'm too all over the place

i'll probably always be a Ringo/Jihen and Yoshie/Ego-wrappin' stan. i'm liking oomori, passepied and karasu wa masshiro a lot lately. same for shiggy jr, she made me want to look up some nu disco acts (but i never found anything worth). also really into lamp and gesu, the new kawatani band... i've always liked etsuko yakushimaru and wakusei abnormal??? I DON'T KNOW this is hard

Welcome back to MH! I also run a bit of a j-music blog. Though, it's more rock/alternative based where as your tastes sound like they lean more towards the indie side. But anything I could recommend is covered in there.

Heyo, I remember you! I feel like I enjoyed your music taste back then and clearly, you've still got it ;)

Since you mentioned Lamp (I love you), here are some associated acts you might enjoy if you don't know them:
Tadashi Shinkawa - On Lamp's Botanical House label. A similar "softness" to Lamp's music, but is distinguished with the use of subtle 80s synths.
Minami Kitasono - I can't remember which, but did the arrangement and guest vocals for one of Lamp's tracks on their Yume album. Imagine him as the much quirkier version of Lamp's funkier compositions.
Uwanosora'67 - Super influenced by 60s pop. The band revealed that Lamp member Nagai praised this track in a recent interview.

It's been a while Erin, hi!

Speaking of "nu disco"/something along the lines of artists/genres you pointed out, did you mean something in the vein of this? (open the spoiler)

A bit poppier?

Seeing as you mentioned Ringo/Oomori, I thought this kind of vocal/arrangement experimentation might be up your alley? (I bet you know her already tho)

A bit more atmospheric/ambient Passepied-y act (heavily Cardigans-influenced, in case you are into them)

Seeing as you are one heck of a Shibuya kei enthusiast like I am, you might enjoy these newbies :) (Very Cymbals-y/Capsule-y)

...speaking of which, are you familiar with Buffalo Daughter or Cymbals?

Sign in to follow this