Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

la la larks new maxi single "ハレルヤ(hallelujah)" release

la la larks new maxi single "ハレルヤ(hallelujah)" will be released at 2015/07/29 (1,404yen)

[track list]
01.ハレルヤ(hallelujah)
02.Q And A
03.色彩(shikisai)
04.ハレルヤ(hallelujah)(instrumental)
05.Q And A(instrumental)
06.色彩(shikisai)(instrumental)

"hallelujah" is also the sound that I just made after reading this news. This band has been strangely quiet for the last year or so, so I'm happy to see that they're finally releasing something again.

EDIT: Apparently it's being used as another anime opening; this time for whatever this is. Slightly less enthused about that because I find that Yumi's anime songs always tend to follow the same formula and sound rather repetitive. Looking forward to the b-sides though!

"hallelujah" is also the sound that I just made after reading this news.

Same.

I already got used to the fact that Yumi is just going to churn out anisongs most of the time. I think at this point I like her voice and musical style more than what she releases itself if that makes sense, no matter how pop and far from school food punishment's golden years it is.

Same.

I already got used to the fact that Yumi is just going to churn out anisongs most of the time. I think at this point I like her voice and musical style more than what she releases itself if that makes sense, no matter how pop and far from school food punishment's golden years it is.

In a way, even though she's churning out anisongs for every single I think she's closer to her sfp roots now than sfp was between amp-reflection and how to go. Most notably, they've increased the presence of the electronics so that they have a notable effect on the melody, but they never go out of control like it used to on deviswitch or killer. I saw a change towards this style with sfp's last single and she seems to be maintaining it even now. It's part of the reason why I have such a hard time seeing la la larks as anything but sfp2.

Either way, HALLELUJAH! I needed something by them this year. I was getting impatient.

I was just telling Pho the other day that it's crazy how SFP's sound was so poppy and palatable, yet so distinct. I'm sure this will be pretty good. They have a sound that easily lends itself to anime and other imaginative contexts imo.

The chorus sounds very similar to Yumi's other anime choruses, but otherwise it sounds interesting. Still mostly looking forward to the b-sides.

It's not the catchiest thing I've heard Yumi pen but it's convincing enough for me to let it slide. Not sure how I feel about this as a follow-up single. Maybe it will sound better fully recorded?

I actually find the a-side on this single much more enjoyable than ego-izm, which I found unbearably generic. I'd even go so far as to say that one of my favourite Yumi-penned single a-sides; though to be honest the only other ones I've particularly enjoyed were futuristic imagination and to a lesser extent How to go. I didn't find the b-sides as enjoyable as usual, though. They're both okay but neither stood out to me as much as earworm and end of refrain did.

Sign in to follow this