Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Mariko Goto (ex-Midori) pauses music activities (+ highly possible retirement)

Mariko Goto from ex-Midori fame announced on a 13/2 twitcasting livestream that she will pause music activities - and she also reacted to fans' commentaries afterwards by hinting that her complete retirement (as in leaving music completely) will be highly probable ("never gonna be on a stage again") due to her ongoing troubles.

She also cancelled all of her gigs

Source: natalie.mu

: - (

That's no good. Does anyone have more details?

she had this one in her personal blog

http://gotomariko.exblog.jp/  (anyone willing to translate pls? I can get some bits about her being totally depressed - especially that "I don't want to be hated"  spammage)

Rather hysterical post methinks?

It depends on whether her depressive issues are long-standing or whether it's a more recent thing. If it's something she's been dealing with for a long time then I'd say that there's a good chance that that this decision is something that could become permanent. If it's a more recent thing, then it's entirely possible that she could change her mind after a year or two. 

Regardless of whether it's permanent or not, her work with midori is something that I really appreciate and, whilst her solo work is something I personally don't care too much for, I think she's definitely a loss to the Japanese music scene. Hopefully she reconsiders.

From what I can gather, she's been troubled for quite some time, but this is still unfortunate. I hope she's able to find some kind of peace for herself.

Here's me also hoping for a quick recovery and this is being only for a short time! Sorry, I can't translate but I didn't even know about any of this... I love everything she's done, both in the band and on her own. So it'd totally suck if she were to retire. But at the same time, her health, happiness and life comes first before any music making. I might be being too hopeful but I pray she'll be able to sort out both. If not, she needs to do what's best for her.

Yep this is a bummer... I hope she decides to not retire, but you know stuff happens and if she thinks it's what's best for her then so be it.

this news has me wanting to go listen to midori now >.<

fuck that made me depressed from just reading it.... man I'm really sad for her :(

If I could I would go to her shows, but that's impossible right now. this is just such a bummer!

"People who came after me are selling out shows at Zepp and Blitz, and I’m being left behind"

MUTHAFUCKIN' SEIKO OOMORI, no doubt

I'd be depressed if that talentless, goat-voiced hack came along and stole my thunder too

Sign in to follow this