Sign in to follow this  
Mr.0

WING WORKS @ Paris Manga

So yeah, here is a brief report of my WING WORKS xperience in Paris !

I first headed to Unbounded booth, to buy some merch for the signing session, and here, surprise: RYO:SUKE WAS THERE! He was selling his stuff with unbounded staff (and the session members!). I didn't know him at all, but let me tell you this: he is SUPER nice! He talked with everyone, trying his best to speak decent english (sometimes funny, but overall very good job!), he made some jokes, thanking everyone, etc etc (They were selling all his singles (exept ロゼッタ, dammit!), a big poster, two t-shirts (the one he posted on instagram, and a white one (from his japanese goods), a cheki case, chekis, a CD-R (or DVD? I don't remember, it was only one live song anyway) a live photoset, and a rubber band!) I bought the last copy of FIXXTION BOY, he was super happy, and forcer the staff to write SOLD OUT on the sample jacket haha

And we could do some photos with the members too! (If you bought 10€ of goodies, you could do a photo with your phone with one session member, 12€ it was a cheki, and for 50€ it was a cheki with RYO:SUKE (I have one yay!)

So, after all this merch madness, we headed to the stage, and the word disappointment isn't strong enough. There was CHAIRS all over. I mean, for a visual kei live?!

But we decided to stand near the stage anyway, in front of the chairs, but the staff made us move back, so the press can film and take pictures. Boo Paris Manga and Unbounded, boo. 

All the members, RYO included were on stage at some point to set up their gear, place setlists, etc etc. The live itself started OF COURSE 30 minutes late. And again, I was very disappointed. The sound was SOOOOOO shitty, you have no idea. From where I was, we could only hear the guitar, the drums, and his voice (but the instruments were waaay louder) No bass, and no electronic sounds. Wich is like 50% of his songs. But the man himself was great! Full of energy, he made everybody stand up!

Here is the setlist! (The new song, from what I could hear, is killer! Can't wait to ear it properly!

1.シルヴァー

2.Mr.FANTASIX

MC

3.VAD†MAN

4. ILLUMINA✡LUMINALION

5.MAD SQUARE GARDEN

6. ムービングラ イトキス

MC

7.不死鳥-FENNIX-

8.Time:Machine

9. メトロア3.0 (the song is made for the live, it's the kind of song bands do for like 10 minutes, while the studio version is 3min long)

MC

10.STAR GAZER MEMORY

11.FIXXTION BOY (I did something special for this, I'll wait for the videos to be on YT to show you what it is, but the band seemed pleased!)

Oh, and they showed the video of his 4 PVs on a screen behind the stage. It was repetitive, especially since he has some REAL visuals for his lives, but still was nice!)

Sorry for my lame english, I'm still tired as hell, and sick, so yeah!

Overall, good experience, but I'd love to see him in a real live house!

Thanks a lot for your live report! I would've loved to go but too far away + costs much. xD

Sorry to hear that the venue and the sound were kinda crap.

edit: oh, and thanks for the setlist too! New song, yay~ :)

^ Thanks, man! Sounds like a fun live song.

it's a pleasure! if you are interested, you can find the video in the YouTube channel "FIXXTION BOY" ^^ 

Sign in to follow this