Sign in to follow this  
Traxan

VK bands profiled on J-MELO

Ok, little setup for those who don't know.

J-MELO is a Japanese music show on NHK World, the English-language version of Japan's NHK channel. It's on AT&T U-verse and several other cable providers in big cities around the U.S.

The host is May J, a cute multi-ethnic singer who has her own healthy career in Japan and her English is flawless. In the intro to tonight's (12/23) show, she said there had been numerous requests for Visual Kei and they were going to answer the demand.

The bands profiled were Jupiter, D=Out and Div. All three performed one song in between interviews with May. Unfortunately, the show really didn't get into what VK is about. Lots of dumb questions from readers like is there a bandmate you don't want to room with on the road.

They also announced a VK section on the J-MELO site: http://www.nhk.or.jp/j-melo/nhkworld/english/event/20140308_visual-kei/volume/volume5/

It will repeat on NHK over the next day, so if you have the channel, try and catch it. if you want. :)

They had another band, GazettE, on tonight. Lotta hair flying around in that mostly-female audience.

So does anyone ever watch this show? It's on AT&T UVerse. Not sure of the other cable companies.

nah, when i was rlly into gazette i looked up their j-melo lives on youtube but that was last year lol

do they still put out stuff with vk??

Is this the show that was trying to grill Hizaki to come out as trans? Saw some gifs of a Jupiter interview that, without complete context, seemed like this happened within the past year.

what the fuck

Trying to find the .gif set without much success, but he was more or less saying "I dress like this, but I really have no desire to be a woman," which I'm sure is a fairly common topic for him to cover. No idea if it is even the same thing as this thread is about, but the stage at least looked similar.

Trying to find the .gif set without much success, but he was more or less saying "I dress like this, but I really have no desire to be a woman," which I'm sure is a fairly common topic for him to cover. No idea if it is even the same thing as this thread is about, but the stage at least looked similar.

ah i feel like i've seen that too. i remember seeing the jupiter interview but i didnt remember anything like that so i was like ???

i'll post the video, it sounds dumb j-melo is asking but its for the gaijins lol

Sign in to follow this