No.47

I think I'm Getting sick of Visual Kei bands

At one point, yes, I admit being sick of visual key, but for the music being produced in general. It seemed to have taken quite the downfall. Many of the bands I loved were not because of their looks, but based on their overall sound. They had either disbanded, a member died, and so forth. I still absolutely love the style. It's a work of art to witness: the makeup, the hair, the detailed outfits, the shoes, the photoshoot compositions...

well i find it hard to believe that you dislike every vk band since theres so many but if you really don't want to listen to vk don't tho posting how you don't like it on a vk site may have been a bad idea

When it comes to scenes or genre's like Visual Kei or hell, even K-Pop, its perfectly fine to feel the way you do. It actually shows sign of maturity and growth. I'm not gonna lie, I thought the visuals were pretty awesome. After a few years, I've seen the good and bad of the visuals and just stopped caring for em and base my opinion on bands solely on their musicianship. The conversations around that are a lot more interesting than what they look like for a photoshoot and other too indepth, borderline creepy characteristics. I think a lot of people here feel the same. So its all good

Don't know why but I'm just getting sick of all the make up, posing in the middle of a PV for fan girls, and all that junk

Should I feel bad about not giving a crap about VK anymore? 

No. Gimmicks tend to get old when it features the same presentation for ~30 years. Take note: this is separate from enjoyment of the music. If you like the music some VK bands make, I encourage you to keep listening and just ignore all the dresses and stuff unrelated to the music.

I definitely went through such phases... not saying it is a phase for you, but if it is just let it run its course. Sometimes it's good to take a break. For me it helped me appreciate visual kei even more. For you, it may just not be your cup of tea anymore, and there's nothing wrong with that. 

it's kinda annoying how some posters imply that appreciating a band's visuals is "creepy" or writing dressing-up 100% as a gimmick. to make a badass costume takes talented designers, make-up artists, MONEY, and vision. they're legit pieces of art in their own right and i think it's rad how (SOME - host-kei is an exception) are able to deliver great music and good visual concepts. i always look forward to what moran, mejibray, etc, bring musically but i'm also stoked to see how they're going to present it. nothing wrong with that and i think its something the scene does better than most.