Sign in to follow this  
Miasma

"You can just call me Neko, or Tsuki."

Not surprised by the sheer number of "derp I'd ignore her" responses here. Some of you are so fucking petty.

A ridiculous weeaboo she may have been, but if the shoe were on the other foot (I'm sure with some of you, that's not far from being the case) and you were the one being bullied because of your ~obscure~ interests and general obnoxiousness, you wouldn't want to be ignored and/or mocked by all of your peers.

I don't care how much of a "white knight" it makes me, being a jerk is not cool, edgy nor funny.

SUBLIMINAL, I absolutely agree with you. Such cold responses of almost everyone in this thread make me sad, I feel really bad for this girl and everyone bullied in your class/workplace, etc, people.

Not surprised by the sheer number of "derp I'd ignore her" responses here. Some of you are so fucking petty.

A ridiculous weeaboo she may have been, but if the shoe were on the other foot (I'm sure with some of you, that's not far from being the case) and you were the one being bullied because of your ~obscure~ interests and general obnoxiousness, you wouldn't want to be ignored and/or mocked by all of your peers.

I don't care how much of a "white knight" it makes me, being a jerk is not cool, edgy nor funny.

With ignoring I mean I wouldn't directly talk to her but if she would ask me something I would normally answer, I won't be a bully on her. I hate bullying. I was bullied for about 9 years and it fucked me up pretty bad, so if someone's going to insist I'm a bully I'll probably become pretty pissed.

I agree with Phones666, I was bulliet too at middle school, so I would never bully someone. I would just talk with her not more than the polite requested...

With ignoring I mean I wouldn't directly talk to her but if she would ask me something I would normally answer, I won't be a bully on her. I hate bullying. I was bullied for about 9 years and it fucked me up pretty bad, so if someone's going to insist I'm a bully I'll probably become pretty pissed.

But if you'd been bullied for nine years, you'd know how awful it feels to be ignored by your classmates as well and that it's as bad as outright being mocked by them. Do you know how lonely it is to not have any friends and to be laughed at by an entire classroom? As someone who has been bullied through most of her childhood and teenage years, I would never, ever treat anyone the way everyone is suggesting here.

SUBLIMINAL, I absolutely agree with you. Such cold responses of almost everyone in this thread make me sad, I feel really bad for this girl and everyone bullied in your class/workplace, etc, people.

I don't think anyone else will, but thank you. It's nice to see someone does.

Just take a look around. Haven't you seen how much jrock fans in general hate on each other?

If you like a band too much, you're a fangirl.

If you use too many fragments of japanese, you're a weaboo.

If you like to dress in a vk style and don't look as impeccably photoshopped as the band on their promo shots, you're a weirdo.

If you listen to the wrong "sort" of jrock, you're a loser.

For a relatively small fandom, there is surprisingly little solidarity in the jrock/vk fanbase.

I've been bullied before and actually I have no idea why, because I try to be nice to people. If someone told me what's wrong with me, maybe I could try to change... but now it doesn't matter that much, because I've changed and people became more mature, so it's not my problem anymore... though I wouldn't know what to do if someone started to bully me again. It really doesn't feel nice and I've always needed some company or comfort when I were bullied - that's what would help this girl the most, NOT ignoring her or treating her just politely.

i think bully is part of High School, man

i got some slushies throws at me once cos been too kind with freshers lol

that's something i can tell to peoples when i got older just for laughs :lol:

Just take a look around. Haven't you seen how much jrock fans in general hate on each other?

If you like to dress in a vk style and don't look as impeccably photoshopped as the band on their promo shots, you're a weirdo.

For a relatively small fandom, there is surprisingly little solidarity in the jrock/vk fanbase.

This is so true!

+1

It's funny, but can't look down on her like that. We were all there once, making the same mistakes and pronouncing everything wrong. Hell, I'm sure 95% of us still do. We're not all Japanese, not all of us grew up in Japan, we're not all fluent in Japanese or have a first-hand experience of Japanese culture.

Can't tell you how long I pronounced oshare as "oh share" instead of "オシャレ." It never occurred to me that it was a Japanese word 8D; So~ you can laugh at me for that I suppose, much as you can, laughing at her for pronouncing things wrong.

Stay off the high-horse of "I've been listening to j-rock/visual-kei longer than you, and know how to pronounce everything correctly, and lolz if u say anything wrong."

We're all in the same boat.

I agree with this, but when I don't like a person to the first impression, I don't change that easily opinion... of course someone will think the same of me, but this is normal.

You should stop judging people so quickly then. Someone may be a nice person, even if you think otherwise... or someone nice you seem to like a lot may be a bitch in fact.

you're right, that's why I have a lot of delusion in fact :mrgreen:''' anyway, I still think that people won't change. I mean... if a person is stupid, whatever they like, they remain stupid.

But if you'd been bullied for nine years, you'd know how awful it feels to be ignored by your classmates as well and that it's as bad as outright being mocked by them. Do you know how lonely it is to not have any friends and to be laughed at by an entire classroom? As someone who has been bullied through most of her childhood and teenage years, I would never, ever treat anyone the way everyone is suggesting here.

I understand your point of view, but not being around her all the time doesn't imply that I am 'ignoring' her. Look, if the girl wants to talk to me before class or wants to ask me a question I'll answer in a friendly way, no doubt about it, but if she would be a nice girl after all and we could befriend eachother I would tell her that's she exaggerating a bit. And to your second comment, I know. I know how it's like, when kids throw stuff at you, when you have to hide away at school because you have no friends and everytime they run into you, they start bullying you. It were the worst years of my life, and I had thought of suicide a lot, believe me. Also, at high school, I'm an outlaw too, but because the school is bigger I DO have friends, and they are the best people I've ever met. So what, that some of us listen to Japanese or Korean music? So what that one of them has a boyfriend in Africa, so what? I was bullied from when I was 5 until I was 14, then I finally found some friends that fit me. The rest of them dropped me like a brick. Just let me say you'll never ever gonna catch me bullying people because they are different.

Sorry, had to get that of my chest....

I thought this thread had died off already? Anyways a late update: Neko/Tsuki left school about two weeks ago. Apparently she had really bad grades, and the school doesn't tolerate that, so she was dropped.

And despite what you guys thought happened to her, she was never harmed here. She ended up making a lot of friends, and joining the school softball team. She seemed to make a huge personality turn-around here, which is good for her.

I admit I shouldn't have judged her upon meeting her, but again: who the hell introduces themselves like that? It's just bizarre.

Stay off the high-horse of "I've been listening to j-rock/visual-kei longer than you, and know how to pronounce everything correctly, and lolz if u say anything wrong."

I for one, am in no way insinuating this onto her. All I had a problem with was the way she introduced herself. Of course the other kids were going to pick on her if she mentions how she watches baby heads being eaten, what else did she expect? A high-five? No, it's pretty obvious that they were going to pick on her, but is that what they should have done? No, not at all.

I decided to avoid her, not because she's a "fangirl, weaboo, weirdo, or a loser", but because I plain and simple don't want to involve myself with people who don't have any common sense what so ever.

+1

It's funny, but can't look down on her like that. We were all there once, making the same mistakes and pronouncing everything wrong. Hell, I'm sure 95% of us still do. We're not all Japanese, not all of us grew up in Japan, we're not all fluent in Japanese or have a first-hand experience of Japanese culture.

Can't tell you how long I pronounced oshare as "oh share" instead of "オシャレ." It never occurred to me that it was a Japanese word 8D; So~ you can laugh at me for that I suppose, much as you can, laughing at her for pronouncing things wrong.

We're all in the same boat.

Everyone takes Jrock too seriously. xD I don't care if a band is good or bad. I like the bands for their ridiculous antics and because of all the laughs I get from Jrock. I find it funny when people make fun of how people make fun of pronunciations and go listen to Japanese pretty boys mispronounce English in the most hilarious ways. :'D

And despite what you guys thought happened to her, she was never harmed here. She ended up making a lot of friends, and joining the school softball team. She seemed to make a huge personality turn-around here, which is good for her.

am glad to hear that :)

"People like that kinda make me embarassed to be big into Japanese music, but it's not like the end of the world."

This.

Still, I don't think you should judge her. As someone else said she might be an outkast, and you talking to her could probably make her happy, and if not well atleast you tried.

If I were in the situation I'd try to talk and be friends with her. But that might just be me. And yeah, not a good opening she did tharrrr.

damn, I feel so lucky xD

I wasn't quite a new student, but in the first year when people asked me what I listen to, I did say Visual Kei aka Jrock, and the reactions were -wow what's that/what does it sound like- or -nah I guess that's okay- but maybe it was because I do study japanese and didn't ask for people to call me stupid names...

anyway, maybe you really should talk to her, confess you like VK as well and also tell her that her attitude ain't gonna work, it's a cruel world but that's how it goes...

damn, I feel so lucky xD

I wasn't quite a new student, but in the first year when people asked me what I listen to, I did say Visual Kei aka Jrock, and the reactions were -wow what's that/what does it sound like- or -nah I guess that's okay- but maybe it was because I do study japanese and didn't ask for people to call me stupid names...

anyway, maybe you really should talk to her, confess you like VK as well and also tell her that her attitude ain't gonna work, it's a cruel world but that's how it goes...

She's already kicked out of school, read the whole thread :P

niw, when people ask me about my musictastes, I would not lie about it. I just say I listen to rock and pop, and mostly from Japan and England. When they start questioning, then I just name some specific genres and bandnames I listen too... But then again, I do not listen to VK nor do I name myself neko, tsuki (or Aion for that matter) in public...

That being said, last Friday in my local bar I introduced some people I regularly speak with to VK :)

Sign in to follow this