Sign in to follow this  
Miasma

"You can just call me Neko, or Tsuki."

Unfortunately, this is a true story which happened to me today:

Some new girl walks into 3rd period class today, she looked like your average scene bitch with these RIDICULOUS neon pink cat ears. So I just laugh to myself, and ignore her. She let's the teacher know that she's new, so the teacher asks her to introduce herself. This is how it went down:

Girl: "Hi guys.... My name is Melanie, but you cal call me Neko (she pronounced it "Neekoh") or Tsuki... and I'm from Wisconsin, I'm a sophmore, and uhhh I'm 15." :oops:

Teacher: "Oh Wisconsin?! Cool! So Melanie what do you like to do, any hobbies?" :P

Girl: "I like to listen to my iPod, and play my guitar." :?

Teacher: "Oh cool, what kind of music do you like to listen to?" :o

Girl: "Oh, it's like this one type of music, but you guys wouldn't know it..." :roll:

Teacher: "Well then let us know about it. Is it Reggae?" :wat:

Girl: "No. Ugh! It's like a special form of Japanese rock called visual-kei (she pronounced it "visual-key"). It's a thing where guys dress up like girls and play hard rock. There's this one band called DIR EN GREY and they have a PV ("piv" is how she said it) for a song called OBSCURE where a zombie Japanese geisha gets raped by a robot guy, and a lady eats a baby's head." :roll:

Teacher + students' reactions: :shock:

My reaction: :emo:

So the teacher asked her to take a seat where ever she liked. Everybody put their backpacks/bags on any empty seats near them, so that she wouldn't sit with them. She eventually found a seat all the way in the back and sat there with an "I just took a massive shit"-look on her face. So I'm sure the event repeated itself in other classes, and I heard some stupid girl complaining about how she was going to beat up Neko becasue she was a freak....

I feel really bad for her, but why the fuck is she telling people stupid things for? Do you guys think I should talk to her to be nice? Or avoid her?

WHY DA FUCK R U TALKIN ABOUT ME SORA I THOUGHT YOU WAS MAH FRIEND ):

U R NOT MY TOMADACHI DESU NE NEMORE ):

lol what's tomadachi?

I'm that girl. That's me.

I thought you were the girl from the VERMIN PV?

i think you should ignore her, ask yourself this question: "do I wanna get beat as well cuz of this neko chick?"

if she woulnt have said anything she would have lived longer. Like when i used to listen to vk and ppl had to introduce to each other in class when i cam to music i made up some bull saying i listened to pop and hip-hop, LOL!

I bet she kinda wanted to show off but got neglected in the end.

It's annoying when people get all huffy about what they listen to, but the terrible way the general population reacts to those who listen to foreign music is just gross. Ethnocentrism at its best. Especially if they're a different color than you are. People sure do live calling each other wiggers and coconuts and weeabos and shit.

Not to say blatant cultural appropriation (like the girl in your story) is something to tolerate, but they're just kids. They will usually grow out of it.

i think you should ignore her, ask yourself this question: "do I wanna get beat as well cuz of this neko chick?"

if she woulnt have said anything she would have lived longer. Like when i used to listen to vk and ppl had to introduce to each other in class when i cam to music i made up some bull saying i listened to pop and hip-hop, LOL!

I bet she kinda wanted to show off but got neglected in the end.

I don't think I'd get beat up just for talking to her, but I will most likely get asked questions like: "Why do you talk to her?" That's true though, I would always just say that I listen to rock.

It's annoying when people get all huffy about what they listen to, but the terrible way the general population reacts to those who listen to foreign music is just gross. Ethnocentrism at its best.

Not to say blatant cultural appropriation (like the girl in your story) is something to tolerate, but they're just kids. They will usually grow out of it.

Yeah she did seem mad when the teacher asked her what kind of music she listened to. Almost as if she didn't want other people to know about it? But I agree, the other students are taking way to far by picking on her. I just can't believe how stupid she is, that isn't how one introduces themselves.

She will most likely grow out of it though. Meanwhile she needs to watch what she says, because if she pulls out stuff like that again, she won't be at this school for long.

WHY DA FUCK R U TALKIN ABOUT ME SORA I THOUGHT YOU WAS MAH FRIEND ):

U R NOT MY TOMADACHI DESU NE NEMORE ):

lol what's tomadachi?

TOMADACHI IS FRIEND IN JAPANESE SORA DUN"T BE A GAIJIN >.<

Now being serious, even though this girl is an obvious weaboo, I still feel bad for her that she is getting picked and probably going to get beat up. I mean, there's weaboos in every music genre. I agree with preciouskitty about Ethnocentricity at its best.

firstly, it's good for her to be open about herself, though that other peoples may taking her differently. ("you think you're cool but you're just a tool" kinda thing)

otoh, i giggles and then fear for her safety.

She may get a one or two noob fellows, i am sure

but she may also be an outcast in the school which

usually targeted by the bullies, jocks, cheers gals, punks alike

it's not a secret how cruel school can be most of the time.

for most of it, she'll be shit brick when she gets older and realizing vk is not that uh... Legendary? D:

but i hope he doesn't listens to bieber and reading that gal meyer's novels, too. :mrgreen:

LOLOLOLOL that's just sad.

Talk to her if you have to, but mainly ignore her. Talking with someone that stupid can't be healthy.

If you brag about something that's not meant for bragging(i.e. VK, or even moreso VK without any knowledge of it), you fail.

Ignore her.

Oh how mean are all of you :o

So that's how it goes there ><

I'd talk to her, and explain to her that she was kinda stupid acting like that.

but that's probably because I (unlike people replying here) accept almost everyone

Oh I'd like to meet her and tell her that she'd probably dislike visual kei in the future for the more stupid things she'd probably do for it.

guessing this is a visual representation of her

sPmVh.png

Oh how mean are all of you :o

So that's how it goes there ><

but that's probably because I (unlike people replying here) accept almost everyone

I WISH I COULD BAKE A CAKE FILLED WITH RAINBOWS AND SMILES

LOLOLOLOL that's just sad.

Talk to her if you have to, but mainly ignore her. Talking with someone that stupid can't be healthy.

If you brag about something that's not meant for bragging(i.e. VK, or even moreso VK without any knowledge of it), you fail.

Ignore her.

Agree with both. I'd still ignore her.

The girl is obviously an IRL troll trolling Sora. Much like how Stephanie Meyer trolled Anne Rice after she went all Christian and wanted to get her writing about vampires again. And look. Anne Rice doesn't go to church no mores. Maybe not exactly like that.

lol I always do that xD and then my friends who know me well, look at me like: WHAHAHA.

but I don´t look like some emo/scene/punk/I don´t know what person and I don´t act like it, so everyone always believes me xD

but yeah that girl sounds pretty weird..

it´s kind of sad that she get´s bullied though.

I´d probably ignore her in class, and when no one´s watching I would talk with her about our favourite tranvestites 8D

Same with me. Maybe she would finally notice her behavior is weird. I feel really bad for her that she's getting bullied, I think you shouldn't ignore her, but tell her politely (to not hurt her) what she's doing wrong and why people dislike her. If she stops acting like an idiot - good for her. If she doesn't - then ignore her, because it would be her own fault that people keep bullying her.

Sign in to follow this