kurenaishineek

Non-Japanese bands doing Japanese Covers

As there is a topic for the opposite , why not a topic , for this soooo go . In my book non japanese bands doing japanese covers deserve at least a honorable mention .

So im gonna start with tributing one of the best oldschool VK bands in Japan , and altough its a long time since ive listened to them and there are bands i would love to hear more now , they still have a sentimental place in my heart .

Love this as much as the original . This version dragged out the epicness of this song .

And now a japanese band reborn , okay not really reborn , its some american dudes using the name of japanese band .

I dont really know if miz was the first artist who played this song . Still here is a cover made by a singer known in my country , well shes not Polish , but she sings this song in Polish . Well altough i dont know if this should count as a cover or more as an rearanged song , cause the lyrics are not translated ones but originals .

The Original song or at least i think its the original is Miz - Amazing (released in 2004 , only sung in english) , later known under the name In the Sky (only new lyrics , both japanese and english version) .

Anorexia Nervosa - I'll Kill You (X Japan cover)

I'm a huuuuuuge fans of both Anorexia Nervosa and I'll Kill You, but this just doesn't work out. Awfu cover song.

Deathhammer - Black Metal Volcano (Sabbat Cover)

Norwegian deathrashers Deathhammer covering legendary blacking thrash metal band Sabbath. Great cover. Not very unike the original, but they put their character to the song.

Deus Mortem - The Knell (Sigh cover)

Kudos for covering Sigh, but this cover sucks.

Iron Age - Satori Part 1 (Flower Travellin' Band cover)

THese cover by a thrash/crossover band, but there's no character here at all so it's better to just listen to the original song.

Machetazo - Arrastrándose Sólo (Corrupted cover)

Spanish cult grinder Machetazo covers Japanese cult sludgers Corrupted. Great cover song with lots of character.

Syphilitic Vaginas - Making Love with Devil (Zouo cover)

Great cover by a great band!

I dont really know if miz was the first artist who played this song . Still here is a cover made by a singer known in my country , well shes not Polish , but she sings this song in Polish . Well altough i dont know if this should count as a cover or more as an rearanged song , cause the lyrics are not translated ones but originals .

The Original song or at least i think its the original is Miz - Amazing (released in 2004 , only sung in english) , later known under the name In the Sky (only new lyrics , both japanese and english version) .

Hah, I remember this! I think I mentioned it in one of my live programmes on Radio AOI, when I talked about similar topic. I was so baffled when I heard the Farna version for the first time ;) I knew the original (yeah, I think Miz is the original artist) before, as it was the theme song for Grandia III on PS2. Game was never released in Europe, unfortunately :\ Shame, I loved the 2nd one.

As for the song, I think it was just licensed for the use in Poland, and our local brand of Universal Music (Miz was signed to UM in Japan back then) gave it to Farna. There's high chance that Miz never really had anything to do with writing the song, too - it was just ordered/bought by the music company, for their artists around the world. Maybe there's more versions of "In the Sky" we do not know about? The point is, in pop music, you don't really know who written what. Pretty sad.

Hah, I remember this! I think I mentioned it in one of my live programmes on Radio AOI, when I talked about similar topic. I was so baffled when I heard the Farna version for the first time ;) I knew the original (yeah, I think Miz is the original artist) before, as it was the theme song for Grandia III on PS2. Game was never released in Europe, unfortunately :\ Shame, I loved the 2nd one.

As for the song, I think it was just licensed for the use in Poland, and our local brand of Universal Music (Miz was signed to UM in Japan back then) gave it to Farna. There's high chance that Miz never really had anything to do with writing the song, too - it was just ordered/bought by the music company, for their artists around the world. Maybe there's more versions of "In the Sky" we do not know about? The point is, in pop music, you don't really know who written what. Pretty sad.

And you tell me we dont know each other and now you say about AOI , damn you we worked in the same radio , how can you not know me . Thats why i thougt i know you from somewhere .

And you tell me we dont know each other and now you say about AOI , damn you we worked in the same radio , how can you not know me . Thats why i thougt i know you from somewhere .

Heh :P And the mystery was solved!

Dem miserable cash-in L'arc covers

Eh, I thought Eric Martin did a good job on "Honey".

Or he did the best he could with those cheesy translated lyrics, at least.