Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

MAAKIII(ex-HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR) solo new album release

I called this to a T six years ago. It's proof that she wanted out of HaMC and used marriage and the baby to do it. She made the good call by leaving the sinking ship while she still could though.

Title: 兎に角、ジェネシス!!!!!

Release: 2015.03.25

cover170x170.jpeg

TrackList:

1. 兎に角、ジェネシス!!!!!-開幕-

2. xxxx

3. トリックスター

4. ココニオイデヨ

5. 超感覚的知覚 -ZERO mix-

6. kIRA○kIRA

7. DASH!脱出!奪取!

8. いいじゃんっ!

9. SPAAAAAAAAAARK!!!

10. スノーボールアース

11. 兎に角、ジェネシス!!!!!-閉幕-

I called this to a T six years ago. It's proof that she wanted out of HaMC and used marriage and the baby to do it. She made the good call by leaving the sinking ship while she still could though.

Somewhat true i guess.... but at the end of the day, it was the other band members that decided to call it a day . I feel sorry for Halca though, she literally just joined the band before they disbanded. but yeah... Swamp man was an OK album, It was a lot heavier then the standard HAMC stuff which quite often made me think that Makii didnt like the direction that HAMC was going so decided to try and get out of it.

Just my opinion in a sense, but i was quite sad when they broke up.

Am I the only one who thinks this was just a bad career move for her? I mean, it's not the fact that she went this route, it's the fact that the songs aren't really that good quality wise and the low budget vids aren't helping.

That's not proof, that's fan speculation. Although it wouldn't be a least bit surprising if that really was the case.

If anyone wants to hear a band that has a lot of 'HaMC feel' Foreground Eclipse comes REAL close but i cant remember if they do the soft and mellow soft rock/ballad side also. 

Think of it this way.... Its what HaMC could have been post swampman had they not decided to split. Yuusuke's screaming vocals needed to be a little more refined and things probably would have sounded better. Less raw and 'angsty' 

That's not proof, that's fan speculation. Although it wouldn't be a least bit surprising if that really was the case.

It was the conclusion I drew when she first announced she was leaving the band back in 2008. If my post were still here I would have quoted myself. After all, look at who she's married to/got knocked up by. To me, that always seemed like the plan. High and Mighty Color was a slowly sinking ship after Gouon Progressive, and they increasingly made her the center of the band in order to shore up sales. I figured that given her age, she could take a couple of years off and come back in 2011-2012 and still have enough people that would remember/care about her to give her solo a shot. But it's 2015 now, H&MC has been long gone and she doesn't even have any of that sound in her music for some possible crossover appeal. Now she's just another pretty face with a boring J-Pop record.

I find it hilarious how in the Wiki for H&MC it was noted that the talent artist "felt that both projects on their own were not remarkable, but combined, the band could be something never before seen on the Japanese music scene". He called it before any of us hahaha.

If anyone wants to hear a band that has a lot of 'HaMC feel' Foreground Eclipse comes REAL close but i cant remember if they do the soft and mellow soft rock/ballad side also.

Once in a while but not often. They disbanded too though so now we need a new band to take both of their places > :(

Somewhat true i guess.... but at the end of the day, it was the other band members that decided to call it a day . I feel sorry for Halca though, she literally just joined the band before they disbanded. but yeah... Swamp man was an OK album, It was a lot heavier then the standard HAMC stuff which quite often made me think that Makii didnt like the direction that HAMC was going so decided to try and get out of it.

Just my opinion in a sense, but i was quite sad when they broke up.

You would think, right? But remember that H&MC got "transferred" to Spice Records immediately after her departure. After they lost major label support I imagine that band activities only got more difficult (or else they wouldn't have made good bye). They were treading water while they were major so basically getting kicked off your label because you lost your vocalist is like saying that she was the only part of the band that mattered. I also believe that's why they had the concept of "no one is the most important person in the band" during their swamp man period. So while you're right that the band members were the ones that decided to call it a day, I definitely think she had a part in forcing their hand early.

Once again, gotta reference the thoughts of the talent scouter. That man was on point.

swamp man was the best thing HaMC did, hands down. 'you' is such a killer tune...

each to their own. Not that i was against HaMC getting 'heavier'. Probably should give their albums a revisit some time!

Sign in to follow this