Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Best Album Openers

This. By far Heidi's best song, and it just sets the mood for the rest of the album. It shows you what you can expect from the album and almost sums up what Heidi is (was) all about in one single track. 2:30-3:00 > one of the best parts ever written. So simple, yet so god damn good.

^I don't want to nitpick but I think I emphasized on the fact that people should post full songs (seeing as "openers" are not exactly limited to unnecessary SEs only) instead of intros (see tag: "NOT intros" :P). This is not Japanese-limited either :)

Good choices though!

sorry bout that. I missed reading the rules  : P (also I kinda didnt knew the difference)

I invite you to the "Party of my Mind"

Party of the Mind- The Sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7He1soaln-Y

fantastic opener, gives riches to my soul.

plus also on my mind

Medusa- Clan of Xymox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RorSmOwKj4E

this mystic sound.

+1 for audience killer loop, last shell, sink and nakano kill you

as for my jrock/vkei favs:

1. envy - chain wandering deeply
  2. deadman - 盲目の羽根と星を手に
  3. lynch. - vernie
  4. kagerou - lily
  5. 9GBO - sink

Yeeeeees Vernie!

Zero - Alice Nine (one of coolest songs they've done...on one of their most boring albums XD)

Un Deux - Dir En Grey (it was a huge sigh of relief for me after being let down by DSS. Un Deux sounds fresh and catchy, yet with that distinct DEG charm)

Riot - Siva (bold and Brash, this is Siva's liveliest song. Gotta love that bass work!)

Lizard - D'espairsRay (not sure if this has been mentioned already, but this song is yummy. It set a new tone for the band but I love it just as much as their older material)

Masui - Kra (Naro & Torte is my favourite Kra album, being their most cohesive and mature album to date. Every song is a gem, and Masui is the perfect way to introduce this polished new sound)

Enigma - Deathgaze (for the most part, Deathgaze's last album was utter garbage. This song, however, brought a new sound and style to the table and it really paid off. The pace and heaviness is fantastic...as well as the surprise utilisation of cowbell?! It also leads into Dead Blaze, which I see as their crowning glory)

Canaria - ACE (this song sums up what this band is about, with speedy riffs, frenetic drumming and tantilising violin. The hilarious operatic warbling that occasionally crops up with their work is also minimalised on this track. I find the rest of this album quite boring and tame compared to this powerhouse of an opening)

Monolith - Crossfaith (for me, their best song hands-down. Fucking awesome piece of music right here)

Jesus Christ - Hyde (one of Hyde's coolest songs; massively dramatic and oozing with emotion. The driving piano really works here)

RANDOM, OUT OF CHARACTER UMBRA TUNES!

This Is Love - Utada Hikaru (i'm not a j-pop fan by any means, and I barely like Ultra Blue bar a few songs. I find the opener to be massively catchy though, with a hummable tune and some nice vocals)

Sakura - Remioromen (when I listen to happy music (extremely rarely), this is my go to album. Sakura is fucking happy and I love it, OK?! The bassline is also tasty)

BONUS TRACK

The Wrong Nigga To Fuck With - Ice Cube (I've recently dabbled in 90s hiphop and this is one of the coolest opening tracks I've heard, purely for Ice Cube's audacious delivery. The beats on the entirety of Death Certificate are dripping with funk and soul, making every song highly listenable despite its questionable lyrical content)

Sign in to follow this