my name’s Lyn and I currently live in England. I’ve listened to J-Rock ever since I was 12 years old and, yes, I was an embarrassing teen who tried way too hard, BUT we had an amazing time back then - 10/10, would recommend.

At the moment I’m working on my BAs in English linguistics and philosophy to train for my amazing future as coffee shop barista (“Do you want fries with that?” Oh wait...).

My overall favourite J-Rock bands are X-Japan, Hide and D’espairs Ray... Maximum the Hormone is pretty rad, too... Dir en Grey, of course, Kagerou, fucking loved Kagerou... and Balzac... Mucc, Girugamesh.

For god knows what reason (it’s not like my RL is exciting or anything), I kind of stopped keeping up with a lot of bands I had enjoyed during my teenage years (for example Suicide Ali, -Oz-, vistlip, Baal...) but I still do enjoy them very much, so I’ve signed up here to keep up with all those different bands a little bit better.

I also like Horrorpunk, Progressive Rock/Metal, Classic Rock, and lot of other stuff that I don't know how to categorise.

I love books, video games, running, cars and going to rock/ metal concerts no matter if I know the band that’s playing or not. :D

P.S. I feel like I’ve been here before, but I couldn’t find any traces of past-me... so I figured it’s safe to grace you with present-me. :P

Mucc, Balzac, D'espa, Girugamesh. Yes. I like your style. Double BA in English linguistics and philosophy? WOW. 

Welcome to M-H. Hope you enjoy catching back up with all your old faves. :3

Wull Hullo there and welcome to the MH. 
A great way to find new and interesting music, or maybe to even rediscover some of your favorites, I would recommend joining our trade off!
It's really fun, and not only do you get to listen to new things, you get to share your favorite things too!
We are also in chat sometimes, so feel welcome to stop by if you ever see a number up there over the chat link. 
Look forward to seeing you around!
I'd say if you have any questions, feel free to ask... but I am horrible with directions... but I hear rumor that the people with either red or blue names generally tend to know the answers to just about anything. :'D

thank you all :3

... Double BA in English linguistics and philosophy? WOW. ...

I could easily spend my whole life at university :]  To me, gaining knowledge and especially questioning it (and everything else...), is important.

And, @DistRhyme, thanks, I'll make sure to check it out!

I could easily spend my whole life at university :]  To me, gaining knowledge and especially questioning it (and everything else...), is important.

Sounds exactly like me, LOL. Maybe that's why I'm doing Literature/Philosophy as well :D

Welcome to MH!! :3