Sign in to follow this  
kurenaishineek

Post-Britpop in Japan

Im lately trying to add at least 2 or 3 bands of every genre i read about to my collection and this is the first time im stuck in my search so i thought ill go and ask around here , so yeah , do you guys know any Post-Britpop bands in Japan ? I seem to be able to find such band in other far asian countries music that ive listen to like Philippines and Korean and others , but Japan not , they seem to have all the other genres even those that are already dead so i cant belive they would not have any Post-Britpop bands especially when UK music influences are so popular with japanese bands .

BTW im looking for Britpop as well . But that can be found in older L'arc en Ciel songs . So its not that much needed , but i would love to hear some more anytime .

What i consider ? Man that was harsh , you think i dont know the genres when i talk about them so much ?

I think this will give you some overall idea what im looking for , as said post-britpop , but britpop is also what im looking for .

And here is some asian band that plays Post-Britpop .

lol, plastic tree?

ย 

ย 

ย 

jinkaku radio first album and preceding singles

http://youtu.be/5NAoOoBYGMQ

ย 

their next two albums are a mess and should be skipped tho

ย 

the studs had a consistent britpop-ish sound:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

schmelz cure had this one-time perfect (radiohead could never) debut single -ย 

ย 

ย 

but it's not representative of their direction

ย 

I don't think recent vk bands are fond of this sound, and I don't follow non-visual japanese music, unless it's smh related with past vk bands (see this for example)

Are you making fun of me ? Jinkaku Radio is as far from post-britpop as britney spears from death metal , plastic tree play alternative rock and experiment with shoegaze a lot . The studs and Schmelz Cure , no comment .

Well at least with plastic tree you where closer if you would post some of their lighter songs . Visual Kei bands where a bad choice to post , the older ones liked to experiment more with genres and had some distinct 80's sound like lastier , new ones tend to either mix alternative metal with metalcore and play it heavy or play a mixture of pop rock and alternative rock that is rather far away from what im looking for .

Here is an example of some japanese britpop

http://thinkfwrd.typepad.com/inspiration/2012/10/taffy-so-long-britpop-from-japan.html

Well, this one should be obvious at least, although it fits in more w/ this whole garage rock-revival thing The Strokes also belong to:

ย 

ย 

And then there's these Beatles-sounding dudes right here, too

ย 

ย 

Also The Mirraz' old stuff pretty much sounded exactly like Arctic Monkeys. Don't know how much you consider them to be britpop, but since every britaboo jerks off to AM I suppose it should count

ย 

Arctic Monkeys where more of a post punk revival band with psychodelic and indie rock influences . But The Bohemians and The Cigavettes are a good pick cause both play Britpop , but im still looking for post-britpop .

Are you making fun of me ? Jinkaku Radio is as far from post-britpop as britney spears from death metalย 

ย 

ty, I'm aware that jinkaku radio is proportionally better than post-britpop same way as Godney is superior to deathmetal.

ย 

have you specifically asked at post-britpop forums about this? they might give you some better insight.

There's no japanese post-britpop because the japanese collectively realize the genre is shit lel

ย 

(also why does every genre need a post-form nowadays? Subgenres are getting fucking ridiculous, soon we'll have post-witch house or some crap like that)

I am pretty sure post-witch house already exists. There are a few people who use it, since according to them original witch house died out in 2009 or 2010. I have the feeling this whole post- thing started with post-punk in the 80s (or better 90s, since before then everything was just crammed under either punk or "Wave")

Why bother with such new post-2006 popular genre if you already acknowledge the fact that Japan is always behind music trend-wise?

Seriously cause the post part is important cause they are two different genres , did you ever compare any britpop to post britpop? probably not thats cause you do your shittalk like all the trolls , if you dont know anything bout genres and dont have any thing helpful top say than shut up . of course you want do this , cause this is another topic you can spam and up your post counter to show how awesome you are .

But you are that bunch of troll kids who find it amusing to just go to youtube open a song of an artist they hate and spam with flame .

BTW @ Tokage , yeah see if you would not get here to shit talk but with some brain you would be more useful , i found one band myself , they are called weaver and play post-britpop and piano rock .

Sorry i forgot the general forum part on this forum is dominated with troll kid answers with shit talk and unreleated crap .

Lets close this topic before it turns into spam flame war , it seems asking on this forum for any music related help is like saying "Hey troll come and get me" .