Sign in to follow this  
sai

Worst English singing J-ROCKERS?

Since there was a topic for the best I thought I should make a topic for the worst. In my opinion the worst of worst are Ruki from the GazettE and Byou from ScReW.

I mean seriously, what is Ruki singing? (bad ass song though)

MCzshz2DZJo

This is less worse, but still very bad.

88DLkGHloww

I wonder if you can think up any that are worse than this.

Kyo and Ruki. They're both pathetic. Their English is actually worse than their live performances. I usually don't care. Both these two guys makes it IMPOSSIBLE to overlook. It's so bad I get tears in my eyes just by thinking about it.

^ Kyo is indeed pretty horrible...he sounds like scoobie do in CLEVER SLEAZOID lol, but oddly enough it makes that song fun to listen to haha...

I dunno, there's a lot of Japanese singers with bad English...can't think of any off top, though...

Have to concur with CAT5, there are so many bad ones it's a little hard to just think of just one. . . @__@

Um, probably in terms of incredibly thick accents and overall pronounciation: Ryo Kazama from Sunsgrind. I thought he would have improved since he last was their singer. Nope. It makes some potentially good songs unbearable sometimes, sad to say.

In terms of overall horribleness may it be in accents, syntax, or structure: Probably 90% of visual kei singers (especially ones mentioned already in the thread), half of power metal singers (see Galneryus' new music - L-O-L at the lyrics), and a good half of indie rock singers (eh, as much as I love you, Inazawa . . .).

Kamijo is rather "ugh" too.

htUKM1pltlg

The songs is almost entirely in english and it's hard to make out even one sentence.

Once you look up the lyrics, it's easier to pick out what he's saying. He's gotten better, but I was shocked when I found most of that wasn't Japanese.

Yeah, I read the lyrics. But before I knew them I could hardly understand 2 words. The only reason I knew it had to be english was that I knew that it wasn't japanese. Because then I actually would have understood something. :lol:

as much as i loved them/him, but i agree with Kyo of DeG.

So many samples fromhim, one them is...,

Remember with Domestic Fucker family?

He was singing foocha foocha than fucker fucker lol

ruki is pretty messed up too.

I couldn't really tell he was singing in full English in Taion,

if i don't look up at the lyrics! Sounds like gargles or some nonsense scatting than anything really. ^^;

Pretty much all of them except Yama-B.

I really can't stand any song if it's sung by a Japanese guy with really bad English. The English can actually be good (like grammatically correct) but it'll be their accent that kills it for me. Being a Hizaki and Teru fantard I was pretty excited for Versailles first release and man did I hate the shit out of Revenant Choir because of Kamijo. His English sounded so bad, it was like he was trying to sing underwater while totally shit faced. I can't explain it but if they're singing (not screaming) it just sounds so bad it makes me cringe. I can put up with screaming but just not singing. :-S

Most of them are really bad, I think that I have a better chance of understanding their Japanese than their English. XD

Yeah, I read the lyrics. But before I knew them I could hardly understand 2 words. The only reason I knew it had to be english was that I knew that it wasn't japanese. Because then I actually would have understood something. :lol:

At the gig in July he talked English with us and it was quite understandable, if not completely understandable. But yeah I get your point, when I heard this for the first time I didn't understand anything he was saying lol

Oh yeah, another great add: Wataru from 12012. Just...no

Hizumi, Satoshi (I mean seriously WTF? both of them) and yeah Kyo, but he got "better"... well seeing Clever Sleazoidmaybe not HAHA XD

A little off topic, and a rather stupid question. But do any of you know exactly why they want to sing in English when they can't do it for shit? Is it because they want to reach out to a wider audience and they think that singing in English will help them doing that? I've always had the impression the memebers of bands cuah as Dir en grey, Gazette, D'espairsRay, Versailles and so on are fucking dumb and retarded and al that. But am I mistaken when I say that even they should be able to hear that it actually sounds fucking horrible? Or what?

So anyone know why they "try" to sing in English?

rqPx5ratnk0

This is all I got to say.

Haha, this is awesome. :lol:

Kyo, Ruki, Hizumi, Kamijo, prettymucheveryjapanesesingeriveeverlistenedto... awesome singers, but crappy English.

Every now and then I'll understand a sentence, but I actually prefer it when their English is so bad that I don't even realize it's English; instead of me knowing that it's in English and cringing over the incomprehensibility of it.

A little off topic, and a rather stupid question. But do any of you know exactly why they want to sing in English when they can't do it for shit? Is it because they want to reach out to a wider audience and they think that singing in English will help them doing that? I've always had the impression the memebers of bands cuah as Dir en grey, Gazette, D'espairsRay, Versailles and so on are fucking dumb and retarded and al that. But am I mistaken when I say that even they should be able to hear that it actually sounds fucking horrible? Or what?

So anyone know why they "try" to sing in English?

I asked pretty much the same question to a Japanese friend, and he replied "most Japanese people think, if it's English, it's awesome" XD

Sign in to follow this