Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

Merry - Crisis Moment

So now that the single is out, what do you all think about it?

Crisis Moment: I loved this song from the first instance I saw the video. Awesome instrumentals and beautiful/emotional vocals, with some surprising turns. Really cool new-school MERRY sound! I like how it's a bit different than what they've done so far, but still awesome/MERRY-like. 9/10

Fleeting Prayer: A beautiful slowish song, but with power. Still, I kinda have an urge to skip this one. Maybe it'll be a grower but right now I just find it "kinda nice". 6/10

Crisis Moment -UNPLUGGED-: I think MERRY has always done this style very well, so I was curious how this turned out. It's not bad; the guitars and Gara's voice are top-notch, and I like the rhythmic background static/noise/drumming whatever going on. Good bonus to the single. 7/10

Overall, this is pretty much what I expected. I like it a bit better than their previous single. Lookin' forward to their next one (but mostly to a future album!!!). All in all, 7/10.

Crisis Moment: As you Jigsaw, as soon as I saw the video I juste liked this amazing song.

Fleeting Prayer: I don't know, not specially amazing for me.

Crisis Moment - UNPLUGGED-: just *O*

Gara's voice sound a bit annoying, but this version is just beautiful... My fav song in this single, perfect song for rainy days~♥

This is another amazing single from Merry. It's just as impressive as all their other releases. Top notch from the begining to the end.

Even the unplugged version is pure quality!

Kinda dislike to rate singles, but 9/10...easily!

Crisis Moment was okay when I heard it. Standard Merry fare, y'know? It didn't have that UMPH that The Cry Against... had.

7/10

Fleeting Prayer though...holy shit. When I heard this song on the remix track a couple months back, I knew it was going to be my favorite Merry song to date. Well, lo-and-behold, it is fucking brilliant. Gara's hushed despair, along side the rest of the band picking up the pace gradually, works exceptionally well. The only gripe I had with it, is that there wasn't an unexpected turn with off beats, right before the second verse. Shit would have been so cash. 9/10

Awesome single, once again. Merry has been on a winning streak lately, thank god.

8/10

Crisis Moment was alright. I won't lie though...Fleeting Prayer was really cool. Even though it could have come from several other "dark" VK bands. But it's obvious Merry has no intention of being unique anymore.

Loved the whole single, apart from the growls in Crisis Moment. Waaay better than the traincrash that was the last single.

Sign in to follow this