Sign in to follow this  
Tetora

[SOLVED] Anyone ever have this issue with Digital Files?

Hey guys,

Do you ever have an issue with files on your music player, or PC automatically being divided into multiple albums even though they have the same album name, artist , etc???

I experience this with either cds I rip, or files I download to check out new artists.

I play my music on my Xperia, and have the issue there, where an album is split into two or three in my library and I cant fix it even I delete and retype the info in the edit track screen. Happens mostly with 日本語 titles but also happens with Roman titles as well...

Let me know if you feel my pain (like a support group), or if you have any info or ideas to fix.

Thanks for reading!

Well this happens occasionally in iTunes for me, but it's easy to fix. Select all the files and either add or remove the 'album artist' field as necessary. That's all there is to it.

I tried fixing the info, metadata etc... using Winamp, I figure it is the same thing.

I took out the album name, artist name, retyped it manually... No dice...

The ones I ripped myself worked, they were fixed when I did that.

The ones I downloaded didn't. It seems like they are from different cds, like combining bonud tracks etc... and stay in.seperate albums on my phone...

This sucks since I.like to download albums to not have to.open.cases or get bonus tracks if I couldnt get all versions...

Thanks for responding.

I remember having to solve a similar problem for a friend. The songs he downloaded was not playing in the good order on his ipod. Firstly, i tried to just rewrite the metadata, but when it doesn't worked, i tried to just convert the .mp3 file:: from .mp3 to .mp3 again, yeah i know that sound stupid to do, but it actually worked for him when i tried. So maybe you can try, just don't forget to enter the metadata to the new .mp3 file.

Try using MP3tag (it's free) for your metadata editing; usually media players aren't the best for that function.

Also, avoid converting from mp3 to mp3 if possible - you lose a bit of quality every time you do a lossy transcode.

Also, avoid converting from mp3 to mp3 if possible - you lose a bit of quality every time you do a lossy transcode.

Of course, when i said to convert from mp3 to mp3, it was as a last resort, considering he already tried to edit the metadata (as he said in his first post). I use mp3tag to edit my .flac after i rip my cd on my laptop too. But when i tried to edit the metadata of the mp3 of my friend, it didn't solve the problem. Since the problem of Tetora is similar to the one my friend had, i think it would be a good idea to try converting mp3 to mp3. And about the loss of quality, since these are downloaded mp3, if he convert from 320kbps to another 320kbps, or 256 to 256, the small loss of quality is not really important considering it is already not a lossless rip, even more if this can solve the problem. Anyway, i'm curious to know if Tetora found a working solution to his problem.

I fixed using all of the advice you guys gave me.

For some I removed the ID3v1 info, re-filled out the ID3v2 all with Japanese keyboard setting.

1 I re-ripped.

The last one which was bonus tracks from another CD I couldn`t fix, so I used mp3-to-mp3 forbidden art from Ishiki and made them all uniform. I guess the problem with this one was that the two different CD ID`s somehow interfered? I dunno, I`m not good with this.

Thanks a lot for the help everyone. Now, I put album covers on all my files and my DataBase is pristine!