Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

FIFA World Cup 2010

Well, there's also an Indonesion (?) parrot (?) that predicted all results since the quarterfinals correctly, and that one predicts Holland will win

So, the nominees for the world cup golden ball award have been announced.

fifa.com

Wesley Sneijder (NED)

David Villa (ESP)

Diego Forlan (URU)

Asamoah Gyan (GHA)

Andres Iniesta (ESP)

Lionel Messi (ARG)

Mesut Özil (GER)

Arjen Robben (NED)

Bastian Schweinsteiger (GER)

Xavi (ESP)

Hmm, I'd give my vote to either Forlan or Villa. It'll be interesting to see who'll finally win this.

Lionel Messi (ARG)

And what exactly did he do except missing the goal more often than any other player at the tournament? :lol:

And what exactly did he do except missing the goal more often than any other player at the tournament? :lol:

Well, after all, he did make 337 passes and 30 shots, and committed 3 fouls. But no, that's exactly what I was thinking as well, haha.

It'll probably be either a Spanish or Dutch player, since they're in the final, probably the one that makes the decisive action that makes the winning goal...

I personally liked Schweinsteiger...

either Sneijder or Schweinsteiger for me.

Both players have been nightmares for opponents.

Don't let these both players have free access from the midfield and upward or else doom are waiting.

But reality may let Villa win, he's the top scorer in the end. It's his personal ambition too, i heard.

EDIT:

about Ozil, he always reminds me with Tobey McGuire, somehow. :D

Well, if Villa becomes top scorer he already gets the golden boot, why not let the golden ball for somebody else? ;)

Personally I hope that Thomas Müller gets the "Best Young Player Award". :spin:

Schweinsteiger was awesome.

ETA: Did Villa even score that many goals? Spain have beaten big teams, certainly, but they're not slamming millions of goals into the net. To me, it seems like he scores one every other game or so. Not that he isn't fabulous when he does.

Do number of goals scored even factor into this? I guess not. :DUUR:

yes, i also hoping Müller to win some title,

he was the brightest young player in the tournament.

And btw, bad news, Mick Jagger are showing supports for The Netherlands. After jinxed England, U.S.A & Brazil,

by showing supports for those teams, will he jinx Holland this time too? :D

The "golden boot" is for the top scorer, so the number of goals are relevant (Spain didn't score that many goals, but most of the spanish goals were scored by Villa. Germany had a lot more goals than Spain, but it was distributed over several players.)

The "golden ball" is for the "best player" of the tournament, and goals aren't so important here, but overall performance, even a goalkeeper can get the "golden ball".

So, Germany won against Uruguay 3-2, the octopus was right again, and even though (or maybe because?) it was really about nothing it was a very worthwhile and entertaining match too and Müller scored again, if Villa and Sneijder don't score tomorrow he'll be top scorer due to more assists. :spin: Good times.

Congrats to Uruguay too, they played a great tournament.

Well, onto the final now. Somehow I fear it will end in a rather dull 1-0, but I hope I'm wrong. :)

This 4th/3rd-place final was really interesting and entertaining! But I hoped Uruguay would have won though. Well, tomorrow we will see if Octopus was right again! XD

well the last time, only the final match the octopus have missed.

Anyway, congrats to Germany for winning the 3rd place

congrats for Uruguay for being a competitive team.

I do also hoping the final will be exciting rather than dull.

Dreadful game so far. Both teams foul like crazy.

Can't we just replay the Germany - Argentina or Germany - Uruguay game instead of this crap?

Seriously hope it gets better in the 2nd half, maybe once one team scored.

It's definitely more like a bar fight than a football match.

Spain have had a habit of not scoring in the first half and coming back in the second to lead 1 - 0 up, so things could improve!

Lionel Messi (ARG)

Very simple Champ213 he can speak Spanish ;D

It's as simple as 1-2-3

Well I hope Spain wins. I'm glad Germany didn't make it to the final round. :D They seem like they have big egos too.

Sign in to follow this