Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

FIFA World Cup 2010

And another 30 minutes of this misery.

And pretty much all yellow cards were VERY deserved, some should actually have been red cards.

long ass match, with no goals or beautiful assist(s).

I don't wish for golden goal or shootout, that reduces the pride of winning. But yah, that can't be helped.

Very tense and now Heitinga red carded.

So Spain it is. Probably deserved in the end, but it surely wasn't a pretty game to watch. At least it got a bit exiting at the end.

Anyway, the good sides:

1. The octopus was right again.

2. I got 5 points in my family-internal prediction game (1:0 for Spain was my prediction and I even got Iniesta as goalscorer right)

3. Thomas Müller has become top scorer of the tournament since neither Villa and Sneijder scored. :spin:

well, congrats for Spain. And congrats for

Holland for being a good feat. Both teams are great.

Despite the dreadful game.

Diego Forlan will get the golden ball for best player of the tournament.

Thomas Müller will get the golden boot for top scorer. He has also been awarded "best young player".

It's a pity that Uruguay lost against the Netherlands and that Germany didn't really turn up against Spain. Germany - Uruguay would have been the better final. But well. That's how it goes. :P

Spain was a tad stronger so they deserved it...but god that ref was horrible. Drwaing yellow cards for nothing(though that kick should have been a red, I admit).

If the ref had been less trigger happy, and the Dutch had been able to take more risks, who knows what had happened...

Holland were too aggressive.

Plenty yellow cards should have been red. How many were there in the end? Seven for Holland? At least two or three should've been red. That would have had them down at eight men. Three yellows for Spain? I don't know, the Spanish played reasonably fair considering how they normally play.

The Spaniards are divers, but the Dutch seemed to forget they were playing football and not kick boxing. I mean, didn't one of them break an American footballers leg in a friendly?

1278888519400.jpg

Either way, so proud my home country won the World Cup. ? Would've been better if there were more goals scored by them overall, but eh.

Iniesta was simply taking revenge after being taken down by Heitinga, lol, and it was fairly worth. Congratulations, Spain; rough game they had there, but Germany is undoubtedly the real winner for me. Can't wait to see those awesome young players striking back in both Euro and the next WC 2014.

I was really hoping Spain would lose....just because they knocked Germany out xDD

So I thought at first, but Germany, then again, didn't play as good as they used to; just like when they were previously defeating England or Argentina. They actually deserved to be on the finale.

I think the referee did a good job. It was an aggressive game with a lot of tension, so I'm not surprised that there were so many yellow cards. De Jong deserved a red card for that kick and some of the other players should have probably gotten another yellow card. Robben continued to play ball after the game had stopped - that's a yellow card. Also, van Bommel was getting really close to getting his second yellow, but Webb let it pass. Not to mention that such aggressive matches have a nasty tendency to spin completely out of control if the referee isn't in charge of the match.

Oh, and congratulations to both Forlan and Müller! They are definitely the two players that stood out the most.

And yay, Spain! :)

I think the referee did a good job. It was an aggressive game with a lot of tension, so I'm not surprised that there were so many yellow cards.

I agree. If anything the referee misjudged on the side of caution. The yellow cards were more or less all deserved, and some should have been more. Van Bommel and De Jong shouldn't have been on the pitch anymore at half-time.

If the referee from the Germany v Serbia had been there instead the game would probably had to be called off for lack of players after the first half, lol. :DUUR:

The refereing was probably the big let-down in this tournament though. Not only because of some major bad decisions, but also because of inconsistency.

Overall it was an ok tournament. Started slowly, ended rather miserable, but there were a couple of nice matches inbetween. I especially enjoyed Slowakia - Italy, USA - Slovenia, Germany - Argentina and Germany - Uruguay. And maybe Ghana - Uruguay for the drama, lol.

Ghana - Uruguay was dramatic on this end because I was at my mum's in Newcastle and a family from Ghana live two doors down. Throughout the entire game they were screaming and bellowing and cheering and then when Uruguay won, they bled out in the streets and were ranting about how unjust it was!

Golden glove for Casillas, too. All of those awards were well-deserved.

Sign in to follow this