Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

xTRiPx new maxi single "Life iz addition" release

xTRiPx new maxi single "Life iz addition" will be released at 2014/03/19 (2 TYPE)

limited edition (1,890yen) will include CD+DVD (including "10+1" PV), and regular edition (1,260yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.10+1
02.two-face
03.10+1(karaoke) (included in regular edition)
04.two-face(karaoke) (included in regular edition)

Still haven't heard Ride-Hazard.... Not really looking forward to this as of right now, don't care for the name... I don't get it, it's corny. But they tend to make really good music so if I ever hear it, I'll probably like it.

AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY This is excellent!!

I'm hoping this one gets uploaded. I still haven't heard Ride-Hazard in full, was it even uploaded here?

What a freaking INCREDIBLE preview. Pre-ordering right now. These guys never cease to impress me.

btw, anyone also got a nice PTP vibe from it?

AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY This is excellent!!

I'm hoping this one gets uploaded. I still haven't heard Ride-Hazard in full, was it even uploaded here?

Yes it was, but the uploader deleted few days later. I will make a new thread for it, if anyone complains, I'll probably rip my copy or something...

Don't get me wrong since I actually do like them. But just a question, out of curiosity: Why is this band so overrated among non-japanese VK fans ? They always sounded like generic VK to me. I know it's a matter of taste, but I don't really get why people always freak out when they see anything about this band.

@chemicalpictures thanks, it would be great to repost it. CaRaN sent me their upload of it, so I have it now. But for anyone else who may want it.

@jon_jonz I can't speak for anyone, but I personally just find them exceptionally talented, but only sometimes. Yo-Shit has a voice and knows how to use it... When he wants. The other members of the band (you'll forgive me for not knowing their names) are also very talented in the ways of instrumentals and production, but again only when they want to it seems. They do a lot of really experimental sounding music that I just don't care for. But Ride-Hazard was really good and this seems like it's going to be great.

Don't get me wrong since I actually do like them. But just a question, out of curiosity: Why is this band so overrated among non-japanese VK fans ? They always sounded like generic VK to me. I know it's a matter of taste, but I don't really get why people always freak out when they see anything about this band.

For me xTRiPx doesn't sound generic at all. Few vk bands combine elements from hip-hop, rap, synth, etc. in the the way xTRiPx does (even if they do, chances are they don't succeed very well). There's always the importance of (i) having good ideas that are hopefully novel as well as interesting to fans; (ii) executing these ideas well. xTRiPx does well on both fronts.

And I guess that's why you might feel that people "freak out" over xTRiPx - because they do unique music and their fans look forward to it. Anyway it's not like the more "generic" bands don't have fans - it's just that, well, there are so many of those bands and it's gotta be pretty tiring to freak out over a release every few days. So I guess the excitement seems more diluted and toned down. (To be clear, I'm not trying to be condescending here, since I do enjoy some of these "generic" bands as well.)

@jon_jonz - They DO have some generic stuff, but the way they do it is unique. If that makes sense. For me, most of my freaking has to do with their lyrics and how they are delivered over some cool instrumentals. Chorus lines like "Against" and "Ride Hazard" just seem to take me by surprise. Also, they have some really experimental instrumentals even for their more generic sounding songs "double", "Re:evolution". Also, as stated before, they actually pull off hip hop elements correctly. They're sound and songs are always tight no matter how experimental they get so all that together makes for a really interesting listen.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think VK itself is experimental and there are many other bands which sucessfully fuse other genres to their music, but I get your point. You just think they do it better. It's a matter of taste, in fact.

I don't think that there are any bands that do the same as xTRiPx on the scene. I believe they would actually be more successful outside VK little world. Mixture rock infused with electronic sounds and that hip hop flavor maybe is a trend today, but I can't see any bands that do it so perfectly as them. To me, they are ever evolving. From a more generic VK sound of the 2007~2009 era, to their electronic transition phase with double/astrovibes, to the new songs on their full album where they've hit the sweet spot. This new single sounds AMAZING. Also, the drums and guitar lines are EXCEPTIONAL. they really stand out from most VK bands. You can see that on DIV aswell, Shogo lines have a similar style of awesomeness

If anyone knows any similar bands, please recommend!

Try bands like bis, porori, old Irokui, Tokyo Shitei... Even LM.C does that. That's why I don't really see any difference in xTRiPx. Same for DIV. I do agree they are way better than most bands nowadays, but they are not innovative, avant-garde or aything like that to me. They're just generic. Good, but generic.Not that it's a bad thing, you know ? I think it's better to be generic than trying to be extremely different and doing a bad job.

Try bands like bis, porori, old Irokui, Tokyo Shitei... Even LM.C does that. That's why I don't really see any difference in xTRiPx. Same for DIV. I do agree they are way better than most bands nowadays, but they are not innovative, avant-garde or aything like that to me. They're just generic. Good, but generic.Not that it's a bad thing, you know ? I think it's better to be generic than trying to be extremely different and doing a bad job.

bis is my favorite band of all time, I agree that their style is kiiinda similar (I have a little surprise for you fellow bis fans, as soon as I receive my order from rarezhut =P). I would also add to the list Sug Life-era baroque.

The way xTRiPx infuses the electronic sound, and the "rawness" of their sound is not matched today at all. In my opinion,Tokyo Shitei was a try-harder, LM.C is way too silly/kawaii, I really don't see any similarities between them. But I totally agree that good generic is not a problem. (the only one I think stands out from DIV is Shogo, everybody else is normal good, which makes them a normal good band).

I guess in the end is just a matter of taste, as you said. I think that they are all extremely talented (in a way few VK artists are, Ena in particular), and their sound is tight as shit. I really can't find anything to complain about them.

bis is my favorite band of all time, I agree that their style is kiiinda similar (I have a little surprise for you fellow bis fans, as soon as I receive my order from rarezhut =P). I would also add to the list Sug Life-era baroque.

The way xTRiPx infuses the electronic sound, and the "rawness" of their sound is not matched today at all. In my opinion,Tokyo Shitei was a try-harder, LM.C is way too silly/kawaii, I really don't see any similarities between them. But I totally agree that good generic is not a problem. (the only one I think stands out from DIV is Shogo, everybody else is normal good, which makes them a normal good band).

I guess in the end is just a matter of taste, as you said. I think that they are all extremely talented (in a way few VK artists are, Ena in particular), and their sound is tight as shit. I really can't find anything to complain about them.

I agree with everything you wrote, but baroque is an exception. Unlike all of those previously mentioned bands they did some really innovative stuff and even "created a new genre", which is discussable, but I think baroque is in a higher level compared to all those others bands mentioned before.

And yes, bis is fucking dope, actually. Can't wait for the surprise.

I agree with everything you wrote, but baroque is an exception. Unlike all of those previously mentioned bands they did some really innovative stuff and even "created a new genre", which is discussable, but I think baroque is in a higher level compared to all those others bands mentioned before.

And yes, bis is fucking dope, actually. Can't wait for the surprise.

I agree, early baroque influence on the VK scene is tottaly underrated, at least to western fans. 'Sug Life' is like a textbook for many bands that came after, they were not always this tuned-down version of kannivalism, lol

Sign in to follow this