paradoxal

n00b from Finland

Hi everybody!

I'm a soon 21-year-old girl from Finland who finally had the courage to do an introduction post a month after registering. I currently live in Helsinki and I'm studying chemical engineering in Aalto University.

I've been listening to VK since 2006 with fluctuating interest. Since 2006 there has been a nothing-but-VK phase, a k-pop phase, a nothing-but-Children-of-Bodom phase, but nevertheless I've always loved VK and never stopped listening to it completely.

If I can remember correctly, the first VK songs I ever heard were D'espairsRay - Valentine and Vidoll - Teddy, and the latter soon became my ultimate favorite band for several years.

Now, several years later, I have tried over 600 different VK bands and found a lot of bands I love. (this is easy to check since I never delete the music I download...)

Currently I'm going through a phase when I'm not quite sure if I really love the bands I used to love so much and thus I'm constantly searching for new bands. That's why it's pretty hard for me to name any current favorites but at least I can try.

Current favorites:
Lycaon

Royz

X Japan

Children of Bodom

The list isn't very long since I'll really need to listen to my old favorite bands' discographies thoroughly and decide whether I really like them anymore or not.

If you're interested, you can always check my last.fm and see what I've been listening to since 2006! The link is in my signature.

Thank you for reading! 

Welcome to the forum, hope you will have a good time here. :)

I looked at your last.fm charts, that's quite a mix you got there. XD

Welcome to the party! I totally know about the feeling of questioning the things you used to love...there is a lot of VK in my past that I am like "lolwut?" about now. Also, coincidentally, my last.fm also dated back to 2006 for me as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone with a red or blue name!

Thank you everyone! :) I've been lurking here a lot and all the people seem so friendly! I feel like I've never been more welcomed anywhere XD

Welcome to the forum, hope you will have a good time here. :)

I looked at your last.fm charts, that's quite a mix you got there. XD

Lol I thought my last.fm charts are pretty basic stuff for a VK listener XD Your comment actually made me laugh so hard! :D

Let's just say, you don't often see charts that have Children of Bodom next to Morning Musume. ;)

I see, I've actually never realized that XD My Momusu phase was a pretty dark phase in my life...

Welcome here~

COB is so good ;_;

Thank you!! Yes, COB is so amazing! I think I'm going to attend Tuska Metal Festival in Helsinki next summer just so I can see COB again XD 

Hey there!

Welcome on the forum! :3

We got quite some music in common, I just checked your last fm :3

Your musical compatibility with corpsedancer is SUPER

Music you have in common includes MEJIBRAYRoyzDIAURANocturnal Bloodlust and Lustknot..

Sweet :3

Anyways, feel free to join us in the MH chat sometime! :)