Sign in to follow this  
Wonrei

mysterious band "sukekiyo"

i don't know
for me he would seem like he hate deg more if this was actually some awesome music piece for everyone's ear.
and not some strange thing.

(dammit i miss res music.now i guess this would have nothing to do with it. but better for deg though.)

how many songs this ep had? one?

^ An "EP" by definition must contain more songs than a single, so I would estimate somewhere between 2 and 4 songs kinda.

This track sounds pretty rad, so hopefully the other songs are likewise cool too (tho this is a pretty far cry from the desribed folky-acoustic style XD).

it has the screams, but the overall vibe is totally different from deg. but kyo loves doind whatever the fuck he wants with the vox so it's explainable. it reminds me of this weird mix of funk metal and nagoya bands.

Very interesting. The music has its own charm, though I would love to hear the rest of the songs and in better quality.

The real question: Is this project going to last one or two releases, or is it going to be long term like what Corey Taylor and Maynard James Keenan have been doing?

Nice song. I loved the bass. It sounds like old school Visual Kei to me with that repetitve sinister melody. And the guitar almost at the end and the drums too.

I have a question. Was that picture taken in the same place where Phantasmagoria shot Material Pain PV and GRIEVA shot Amai unou, akai sanou PV?

If so, what kind of place is that? Is it underground? Is it a cave? Has anybody ever been in there?

it does sound like Egnirys cimredopyh +) An Injection like someone said.

i hope this is not a trick . :{ i am so curious. i expect something strange to be honest though anyway.

he must hate being in dir en grey so f much to release this unironically tbh

his recent godawful looks as a deg frontman suddenly become a form of silent protest performance art or something

still smw waiting for pv bc. mika and takumi

i just wonder what made you think kyo would hate being in dir en grey .

and this is clearly a live bootleg . 

and im a little skeptical about the track (the vocal does have a strong resemblance to kyo but ... )

but if this is the real deal , i really like it .

it's like psycho version of downy with that freak attitude of early merry .

i don't understand all the hate the preview gets :P

i don't quite see the connection to the ambient/folk/acoustic etc. stuffs as it was described as earlier, but for the practice-room-recording that it is this sounds very promising, love the bass and it's also nice to see kyo for once with a drummer that can hold a beat XD can't hear that much of the vocals unfortunately and practically nothing of the guitar, but we'll see soon enough

anyone else getting a strong Primus-vibe by this?

(also all this violent speculation about who hates what band/part of what band is rather pointless imho...)

Ah ha finally home and holy shit what did I just listen to? I wasn't sure if I should laugh or not, like what's up with all that cat mewing he's doing?? So much nyan nyan I can't unhear it. Post WTD Dir en grey/Kyo always sounds so bad live and unfortunately Kyo isn't any better in Sukekiyo.

This recording will probably sound better in a studio, I think the idea is pretty cool but right now it sounds like a hot mess. Kyo only sounds good with studio magic these days (unless it's Lotus or something). Looking forward to the studio version, hopefully it proves to be better than the hot mess they performed. I get that this is a bad recording though and I'm mostly being harsh just to poke at the stans.

Also I agree with bonsaijodelfisch and that I don't get the connection to ambient/folk. Maybe the other songs lean more towards that way or the people calling it that have never actually listened to ambient/folk/acoustic music before?

I don't really think that's a live recording. Even though it sounds like one, it may just be someone recording the ep playing as they can't properly rip it. Specially because the live set was acoustic, there was no electric guitar like the ones you can clearly hear on this track. (the ep is on vinyl, if you guys don't know)

The Egnirys cimredopyh +) An Injection is very reminiscent in the bassline, which is a cool groove in the song.  The quality is poor, but understandable since they are live recording vinyl.  To be honest, if I am going to get into this, it is going to have to be a grower, because my first impression is nothing special.  It is devoid of the ethnic/tribal feel that was alluded to and the raspy chaotic vocal lines are a staple for Kyo, but there is nothing that really makes me want to re-listen immediately.

I will judge the studio recording before I fully embrace or write this effort off.  RIght now, I am not very into the sound of it as something special after first listen.

The Egnirys cimredopyh +) An Injection is very reminiscent in the bassline, which is a cool groove in the song.  The quality is poor, but understandable since they are live recording vinyl.  To be honest, if I am going to get into this, it is going to have to be a grower, because my first impression is nothing special.  It is devoid of the ethnic/tribal feel that was alluded to and the raspy chaotic vocal lines are a staple for Kyo, but there is nothing that really makes me want to re-listen immediately.

I will judge the studio recording before I fully embrace or write this effort off.  RIght now, I am not very into the sound of it as something special after first listen.

i should wait for the actual thing.or the aftermath video to say any opinions.seriously.it's not fair.

but just for the fun of it. i like so much  Egnirys cimredopyh as a song

i want to keep listening to it , although it's strange .

but i can't listen to this .

did he say that?

He didn't directly say that. If I recall all he said was... 

disposable sound all in fun.”

I was just referring to past comments.

What I actually did read in regards to what others heard was...

"As expected, sukekiyo was Kyo’s band. Different style from DIR but so cool. The ethnic music-like feeling was great".

source: http://sukekiyo-news.tumblr.com/page/4

SUGIZO TOUR 2013「THRIVE TO REALIZE」 
2013.12.29(sun) 
SHIBUYA-AX 

SE destrudo 
1. elisabeth addict 
2. aftermath 
3. in all weathers 

rockin'on presents COUNTDOWN JAPAN 13/14 
2013.12.30(mon) 
幕張メッセ国際展示場1~8ホール 

SE destrudo