fitear1590

Jupiter Overseas Tour (a.k.a. 3 lives in Europe, February 2014)

From Facebook:

As we want the lives in Europe to be unique, and never forget the fans of our former music, we might perform the following in Warsaw, Köln, and Paris :

→HIZAKI's Solo 「Race Wish」

→Versailles' Instrumental Masterpiece 「Silent Knight」 

Don't miss these unique shows !

I hope that means "we'll definitely be performing these!"

I went to the show in Köln last night!!!

I had to deal with some train detour fuckery in order to make it to the venue, but it wasn't a big deal.  There was a tiny line outside of "Die Werkstatt".  Once I made it inside, there were only about 40 people in there.  I stood on the right side (Hizaki side) in the equivalent of the 5ish row.  As far as I could see, there was no real barricade between the band and the audience, so from where I was, it felt like Hizaki was only 10-15 feet away.

Here was my approximate vantage point:
Jupitershow_zpsd28a8105.jpg

Unfortunately, they said we couldn't take pictures once the band came out (grrr!), but I suppose it was refreshing to be at a show without people filming/taking pics on their iPhones the whole time!  Anyway, the band started fairly promptly at 7:30.  Here's the setlist I managed to note down.

Introduction SE (band walked out dramatically)
Scarlet
Aria
Decadence
MC by ZIN
ALLEGORY CAVE
Bass solo/extended intro, RHYTHMOS
Nostalgie
Race Wish (from HIZAKI grace project)
MC by Yuki
Silent Knight (from Versailles)
MC by Hizaki
Heaven's Atlas
MC by ZIN

SHOUT YOUR DESIRE
LAST MOMENT (new single)
Symmetry Breaking, extended outro
Classical Element

Encore

forever with you
Blessing of the Future
Conclusion SE

This is only my third visual kei show, but I absolutely loved it.  ZIN is much better live, simple as that.  Someone on last.fm has already touched on this, but the certain "annoying" moments that he has on CD (exaggerated vibrato and stuff) sound a lot better live.  As in, songs like Scarlet and SHOUT YOUR DESIRE that aren't really my favorites, actually were extremely fun in person.  ZIN had everyone waving their towels during Scarlet.  He kept asking us "ARE YOU FUCKING READY?!" haha.  He also broke out the occasional German phrase.  At one point, after Heaven's Atlas I believe, he said "take your right hand, take your left hand, touch" and he bowed his head and said "Danke schön" haha.  As you can see from the setlist, they played all of their released songs (except for Atmosphere), plus some extras.  Yuki had a little MC where he said he was glad to be back in Germany and he asked us if we'd like to hear a "special song" (Silent Knight).  I was particularly stoked to hear Race Wish (the synthy orchestra intro sounded revamped from the old studio recording) and the upcoming single Last Moment.  The closest song I can compare it to is probably Heaven's Atlas, because it was fast-paced and chuggy, but still with an overall positive mood.  Looking forward to the CD release.  After ZIN left the stage during the instrumental tracks, Hizaki made us call him back, telling us to shout "On bokaaru... ZIN!" (I swear it sounded like he said "Jane" the first couple times though, haha. I were confused...)  After the luscious Classical Element, the band left the stage for maybe 5 minutes and came back in black Jupiter T-shirts for an encore.  The "laaaaa la la" outro of forever with you was surreal, haha.  Of course the band's final track was their first single.  At the end, all of the band members came right to the edge of the stage and I managed to touch Hizaki and Masashi's hands.  Before leaving, ZIN told us that he loved the fans and that the band would be back at some point.  He pinky promised, haha.

Other important observations:
-Hizaki (T-shirt version) isn't as gaunt/skinny as I was anticipating.
-ZIN does crazy eyes sometimes. He also has this great smirk.  He did this sassy finger wagging during the "nanimo nai" part of Heaven's Atlas.

-1 1/2 to 2 instances of Hizaki x ZIN fanservice.
-Yuki is a killer drummer, but I already knew that.
-There was a man, possibly in his 50s, cosplaying as an "aristocratic VK guy" aka probably Kamijo.
-Hizaki hugged a fan at the end and she cried.
-I would estimate a max of 120 people there, which although it made for a nice fairly intimate atmosphere, was also a bit strange, since I expected way more people.

In short, fucking awesome show.  If you are even kind of a fan of the band and you get the chance to see them, go for it.  I also got to meet Champ (first irl MH-er ever for me, haha), so this was a highly successful weekend.

I hope the French fans have fun tonight!

Yeah... I don't know, but I was expecting way more people.  At least the Paris show is sold out, so the band will have its final European show with a full house, haha.

Nice, you got a picture!  Did ZIN use any Polish phrases at your show?

yeah, they used dziekuje (thanks) or w/e its called. dunno if there were other words, and if there were i wouldnt recognize them since i dont know polish :D

The show in Paris was just perfect. Seriously, I was not sure about ZIN, but what a great performer! I really hope they'll be back soon!

And here's the setlist for Paris:

Introduction

Blessing of the Future

ARIA

Decadence

ALLEGORY CAVE

RHYTHMOS

Nostalgie

Race Wish

SILENT KNIGHT

Heaven's Altas

SHOUT YOUR DESIRE

LAST MOMENT

Scarlet

Classical Element

SE (Yume Nara, according to the setlist I get)

forever with you

Symmetry Breaking

Blessing of the Future

Conclusion