sai

MYSTIFY SAI

Basically the same as Zess' thread, but this time you're going to have to recommend good ol' me releases. I've been suffering from a lack of new music lately, so I'm going to give you guys a change to impress me with good stuff. Why am I doing this as well?

1. I think I'm more hilarious than Zess and I need to prove this.
  2. I will probably get zero responses to this so please do not make me look like a douche.
  3. I always have to smile when I see people being all passionate about artists/releases they like so I decided that it's perhaps nice to join people in this.

Same rules: the first five people here who recommend me full length-albums that I do not already know will get a review by me in the review thread. I promise it will not include any silly gifs as in my usual reviews.

- One release per person.

- Must be Japanese.

- No metalcore. I really really do not like metalcore, recommending me metalcore albums will not get you anywhere because I won't be able to listen to it and give an objective opinion.

- It would be appreciated if you could send me a link to the release through PM.

For the reast, there are no limitations!

I suppose you haven't caught up on La'cryma Christi yet, Sai? In terms of that, if you like MOTHER-era Luna Sea - but with more poppy/exotic (a la Caribbean-ish? idk) vibes. You should try out their debut full-length, Sculpture of Time

PM'ing you soon.

Not participating because it doesn't rhyme like "Impress Zess " does!

It should have been "Mystify Sai" or something!

Seriously though, not sure if I can up with something, but if I do, you will hear from me.

EVERYBODY WATCH OUT MYSTIFYING SAI IS HARDER THAN COOKING 30 MINUTE BROWNIES IN 20 MINUTES!

But I actually do have something for you. Depending on your mood, you might actually dig this a lot.

Antikaruna
Antikaruna.png

Antikaruna is a alternative metal band with progressive and pop-rock elements formed by guitarist Satoshi in Toronto, Canada in 2002, then under the name Ladybug Thrusts. However, due to member and activity inconsistency, the band did not truly take shape until Satoshi returned to Japan in 2008, where female vocalist Haruka was recruited.

The band eventually changed their name and held their first live as Antikaruna in 2009; they released their first mini-album entitled «a false distinction» in the summer of the same year. The band is currently on hiatus.

Antikaruna is
vocals: Matsumoto Haruka
guitar, manipulator: Ogawa Satoshi
drums: Maeta Yuya
support bass: Nomaguchi Hiroshi

DISCOGRAPHY
2009.08.07 ► a false distinction (mini-album)
2009.05.15 ► Mind Cage (single)
2009.XX.XX ► hide me above (single)

So clearly since they only have one obtainable release this is what I'll be sending to you via PM.

Okay let's see, I think you might enjoy this.. maybe xD I want you to listen to 有形ランペイジ (sasakure.UK) - 有形世界リコンストラクション album from last year. The genre is something described as fusion jazz and progressive rock mixed together. This is another one of my favorite discoveries from last year. I hope this will impress you xD

PM incoming

aaaah, i neeed to impress somebody like rite nao!

so here's my my suggestion:

soutaiseriron - hifi anatomia

e7cf138c9ca084994183d6e7d54.jpg

Hi-Fi%2BAnatomia.jpg

-----

Tokyo, Japan (2006 – present)

相対性理論 (Sotaisei Riron) is a Japanese pop group that formed in Tokyo, Japan in 2006. Currenty signed to Mirai Records.

The members are やくしまるえつこ (Etsuko Yakushimaru) (vocals), 真部脩一 (Shuichi Manabe) (bass), 永井聖一 (Seiichi Nagai) (guitar), and 西浦謙助 (Kensuke Nishiura) (drums) who also works as a support drummer for the rock group MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS.

To date, 相対性理論 has released four albums: シフォン主義 (Chiffonism), ハイファイ新書 (Hi-Fi Anatomia), シンクロニシティーン (Synchroniciteen) and TOWN AGE, and a compilation 正しい相対性理論 (Tadashii Sōtaisei Riron).

some of the most beautiful music that my hardrive ever had the honor to waste its 0's and 1's on. everything on it, the instruments, the vocals the sound are like played and performed in the softest way possible, only touched or whispered, it's really not something you hear everyday, its gorgeous! (and they're named after the theory of relativity, i mean how cool is that?)

PM incoming

aaaah, i neeed to impress somebody like rite nao!

so here's my my suggestion:

soutaiseriron - hifi anatomia

-----

some of the most beautiful music that my hardrive ever had the honor to waste its 0's and 1's on. everything on it, the instruments, the vocals the sound are like played and performed in the softest way possible, only touched or whispered, it's really not something you hear everyday, its gorgeous! (and they're named after the theory of relativity, i mean how cool is that?)

PM incoming

oh, one of the best albums EVER =)

Have you received 5 albums already? I only count 4 in this thread, so I'm posting my recommendation anyway. U BETTER LISTEN TO IT CUZ I DIDNT UPLOAD THIS 4 NOTHIN

67845010.png

I'm sending you j-rock-jazz-pop gods Tokyo Jihen's sophomore album Adult. I love the way this band tackles rock and pop tunes with a fresh sounding jazzier edge. Their first album and the albums after Adult all play with a certain smoky lounge atmosphere, but it's this album that truly embraces it. It's the perfect place to start if you haven't listened to them yet; there is a lot to love here.

Alright, I have received five albums! I will get to these asap, then once I've finished I will take on the next bunch of five, so don't be afraid to keep posting here! I'll get to them too later.

Have you received 5 albums already? I only count 4 in this thread, so I'm posting my recommendation anyway. U BETTER LISTEN TO IT CUZ I DIDNT UPLOAD THIS 4 NOTHIN

pic

I'm sending you j-rock-jazz-pop gods Tokyo Jihen's sophomore album Adult. I love the way this band tackles rock and pop tunes with a fresh sounding jazzier edge. Their first album and the albums after Adult all play with a certain smoky lounge atmosphere, but it's this album that truly embraces it. It's the perfect place to start if you haven't listened to them yet; there is a lot to love here.

this album is a masterpiece *nods vigorously*

Hey Sai, hopefully this album makes your second round of "Mystify Sai!"

I know we don't often "hear ear to ear" when it comes to music, but I'd like you to check out ねごと's (NEGOTO) debut album "ex Negoto".

ねごと is a major-label, all-female, keyboard-led pop-rock group.  The thing that fascinates me about ねごと is their ability to tread the line perfectly between mainstream "accessibility" and quirky/creative indie-rock influences.  They fit in well in the indie pop/rock world, just as well as they do performing on Japan's most popular music TV shows.  The songs are catchy and feature great composition, all the while taking you through a number of different, yet cohesive moods and styles.  When you really listen, all of the girls are able to shine and it's apparent they are VERY talented musicians; I must say, the drumming in particular comes off particularly strong!  I hope you'll enjoy!

PM incoming!

I'll get to these albums as soon as I can, I'm currently really really busy with college because apparently they thought it fun to give me an extra course on top of the one I'm doing now =____=