Original Saku

Kingdom Hearts III

Well I figure since KH3 is officially a thing now that square is working on, we should probably have a thread to post and discuss any news that comes forth in the coming year(s) till release.

E3 2013 TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3LD-3tHgoU

D23 EXPO JAPAN 2013 TRAILER

The new trailer is seriously awesome and looks so good, really excited right now. Also is it just me but in the two trailers above (especially the second) does Sora look more badass than usual? It's almost like he looks way more composed and serious looking than in past games... which that is not a bad thing, I always thought Sora was pretty cool, but sometime his inexperience made the character seem less cool at times.. I don't know if I'm the only one who's felt like that but this new experienced serious looking Sora looks fucking amazing :D

Let's Discuss.

Magic Mountain being a boss made me lol pretty hard. I am pretty excited in every aspect except the music, it still sounds really synth and cheesy to me. Either way I am damn excited.

Since the KH II , most things changed , they could have put more characters as summons or support ,
and it is gonna be release on PS4 / XBOX one , must be a big improvement from the previous series ,
looking forward to the new story , and hopefully they are going back to the KH system .

Probably will not live up to the hype surrounding it. Also, I wonder how much of that new trailer was actually gameplay and not just concealed quicktime events or otherwise scripted stuff

Probably will not live up to the hype surrounding it. Also, I wonder how much of that new trailer was actually gameplay and not just concealed quicktime events or otherwise scripted stuff

Probably nothing

I'd like this series more if the story wasn't made of  bullshitty"2deep4u" stuff that barely makes any sense. Everyone's xehanort

I want to get into this, but I feel I am too old. 

ugh, this :(

it does look very pretty tho, but I'm not entirely convinced on the whole ps4/xbone generation yet (def. not buying any of consoles until next summer)

I'll probably only be able to play this by the time I'm 28 or something but I really couldn't care less. I don't think I'll ever be able to explain how attached I am to the KH series. (alongside my wait for Versus which will finally be released)

it does look very pretty tho, but I'm not entirely convinced on the whole ps4/xbone generation yet (def. not buying any of consoles until next summer)

Pretty much. Not buying either until a release date for either KH3 or FFXV is announced (which might take another year). The reason for that is that back when FFXV was announced as FF vs. XIII in 2005/2006 they said it would come to PS3 and lots of people bought a PS3 just because that game would come to PS3. Now it's suddenly renamed and is coming to PS4. If I buy a next-gen console it will be mostly for KH3 and FFXV so I don't really want to find out afterwards that they're going to be for PS5 or so lol.

On another note, KH3 looks incredibly pretty. ALSO TRAINS.

@nekkichi, though which one do you prefer atm? I do seem to recall that the graphics difference between PS4 and XBOX One will be pretty much zero compared to the difference between PS3 and XBOX360 (since both now have Blu-Ray), yet for the current price/performance I'd probably go with a PS4.

The lack of backwards compatibility kind of sucks still, but that applies to both consoles. Especially when they stop making them. If your 360/PS3 breaks after they stopped production, your entire game library for said console dies with it. Also, afaik XBOX One will automatically restrict second-hand games, but PS4 will support second-hand games though it's up to the game developer whether or not they want to restrict their games for a one-time purchase/limited to only one console. Could be that Microsoft changed that in the meantime but idk I haven't been keeping up too much since I'm not planning to get the PS4 for the next year or so.

Probably nothing

I'd like this series more if the story wasn't made of  bullshitty"2deep4u" stuff that barely makes any sense. Everyone's xehanort

Isn't that the point of anything Square makes?

Also, that Titan battle on the train was very MGR-Vengence-

Pretty much. Not buying either until a release date for either KH3 or FFXV is announced (which might take another year). The reason for that is that back when FFXV was announced as FF vs. XIII in 2005/2006 they said it would come to PS3 and lots of people bought a PS3 just because that game would come to PS3. Now it's suddenly renamed and is coming to PS4. If I buy a next-gen console it will be mostly for KH3 and FFXV so I don't really want to find out afterwards that they're going to be for PS5 or so lol.

On another note, KH3 looks incredibly pretty. ALSO TRAINS.

@nekkichi, though which one do you prefer atm? I do seem to recall that the graphics difference between PS4 and XBOX One will be pretty much zero compared to the difference between PS3 and XBOX360 (since both now have Blu-Ray), yet for the current price/performance I'd probably go with a PS4.

The lack of backwards compatibility kind of sucks still, but that applies to both consoles. Especially when they stop making them. If your 360/PS3 breaks after they stopped production, your entire game library for said console dies with it. Also, afaik XBOX One will automatically restrict second-hand games, but PS4 will support second-hand games though it's up to the game developer whether or not they want to restrict their games for a one-time purchase/limited to only one console. Could be that Microsoft changed that in the meantime but idk I haven't been keeping up too much since I'm not planning to get the PS4 for the next year or so.

I got my preorder for my PS4 in ana it should be here in 29 days XD

As far as FFV and KHIII, while to say that I have been outraged at how square it met timelines on either of those two games in an understatement, but I am fairly confident that they will both make it out this gen...lots of people are theorizing that this might be the last console gen in the way we know them now.

As far at the differences go, PS4 is technically more powerful, but I think it is more or less a wash. The Xbone no longer will restrict second hand sales either. Also, you should check out Gaikai, cause the PS4 might theoretically get backwards compatibility because of it...I mean, it's really up in the air in the moment as to what gaikai can do or not, but there is a lot of speculation that you will be able to stream older games on to your PS4.

Magic Mountain being a boss made me lol pretty hard.

It's actually the Rock Titan from Hercules/KH1.

I'm pretty stoked for this. I'm now playing through 1.5, and after that 2.5 when it comes out.

I've only ever played 1 and 2, and a bit of CoM, couldn't be bothered by all the spinoff games, so I wonder what they'll be doing with a new main series installment.

ps4.

microsoft are currently undergoing a corporate-wide reorganization that started before xbox one production pipeline was finalized/established + rumours about faulty GPUs + sony generally has better quality check + sony might offer ps2/ps3  re-releases through gaikai since they purchased this technology (Ito pointed that out first tho)

tech wise, ps4 seems to have better gpu, but I care so little about that these days, and sony's firstparty games always slay everything tbh.