Sign in to follow this  
madygrain

NoGoD and DOPPEL -worth getting into?/recommendations

Liked this bands' covers from Penicillin and hide repectively. Are they any good? Any good point for start listening to them and knowing what to expect from the rest of their discography? Thanks in advance.

Posted this here randomly, it may be better suited for the artists subforum but I really don't know. If anyone thinks it should be moved go ahead. 

I highly recommend both. Dolly never did much for me, but DOPPEL's mini was a very good surprise. NoGoD has been consistent since they started. Despite what most people say, most of their major work album-wise is on the same level as their indie work. I'd recommend starting with both Ten and Batsu singles (which include great re-recording of some of their best songs), then moving on to Mugenkyou, Rashinban and Kakera.

I highly recommend both. Dolly never did much for me, but DOPPEL's mini was a very good surprise. NoGoD has been consistent since they started. Despite what most people say, most of their major work album-wise is on the same level as their indie work. I'd recommend starting with both Ten and Batsu singles (which include great re-recording of some of their best songs), then moving on to Mugenkyou, Rashinban and Kakera.

How could you skip Gokusaishiki?

IMO NoGod is super-boring but I do recommend DOPPEL, they're pretty much fantastic! :) (plus they only have like one mini album, so it wouldn't be as hard to find "everything" xD)

Sign in to follow this