Trombe

DEAD END tribute album release

DEAD END tribute album "DEAD END Tribute-SONG OF LUNATICS-" will be released at 2013/09/04 (3,150yen)

[participating artists] (around 50 artists)
清春(Kiyoharu) (黒夢(kuroyume), Sads)
人時(Hitoki) (黒夢(kuroyume))
Hyde (L'Arc~en~Ciel, VAMPS)
tetsuya (L'Arc~en~Ciel, TETSUYA)
室姫深(murohime shin)
宝野アリカ(takarano arika) (ALI PROJECT)
栄喜(Hideki) (SIAM SHADE)
千聖(Chisato) (PENICILLIN)
HIRO (La'cryma Christi)
SHUSE (†яi¢к, La'cryma Christi)
LEVIN (La'crima Cristi)
Shinya (DIR EN GREY)
越中睦士(koshinaka makoto) (†яi¢к, Λucifer)
TOKIE (unkie, LOSALIOS)
Shinobu (Creature Creature, THE LEGENDARY SIX NINE)
cali≠gari
咲人(sakito) (NIGHTMARE)
ササブチヒロシ(sasabuchi hiroshi) (東京酒吐座(tokyo shoegazer), Creature Creature)
HIROKI (D)
HIZAKI (Versailles, Jupiter)
YUKI (Versailles, Jupiter)
燿-Yo- (摩天楼オペラ(matenrou opera))
Boris
山崎慶(yamazaki kei) (Venomstrip)
岡野ハジメ(okano hajime) (L'Arc〜en〜Ciel producer)
MOTOKATSU MIYAGAMI (THE MAD CAPSULE MARKETS)
RYUICHI (LUNA SEA)
SUGIZO (LUNA SEA, X JAPAN, JUNO REACTOR)
真矢(shinya) (LUNA SEA)
Luna (Eins:Vier, RaFF-CuSS, R2Y+J)
都啓一(miyako keiichi) (SOPHIA, Rayflower)
IKUO (BULL ZEICHEN 88, Rayflower)
BAKI (GASTUNK, MOSQUITO SPIRAL)
Marty Friedman
aki (ex-Laputa)
FIRE (the Badasses)
yasu (Janne Da Arc, Acid Black Cherry)
you (Janne Da Arc)
kiyo (Janne Da Arc)
shuji (Janne Da Arc)
高野哲(takano tetsu) (ZIGZO, THE JUNEJULYAUGUST)
and more...

participating artist announcements:
5th announcement: 2013/08/20
6th announcement: 2013/09/01

Lol I half-expected Kiyoharu and Hyde to appear there when I read the title. Ryuichi Kawamura should be there too tbqh, and Atsushi (considering they're friends, amirite, no?)

I bet Dir en grey is also in considering Kaoru is big friends with Dead End. Also.... 50 artists? That's a lot

We'll have to wait I guess to see if the entire L'arc en ciel is in, for example

From Official FB

[Product Information]
V.A / DEAD END Tribute (temporary title)
(Wed) 2013.09.04 on sale
3,000 yen (tax-out) / 3,150yen (tax-in)
Label: motorod / avex group
Item No:AVCD-38651

The idea of a tribute for DEAD END has surfaced many times since more than 10 years ago, but the dreamlike project did not come to fruition. As might be expected from DEAD END who is famous for being "musician's musician", they have countless numbers of followers. As a matter of fact, when this same project was brought up at the beginning of the 2000s, there were many enthusiastic remarks from various artists such as "Make it soon, I'll definitely take part" "I want to do xx". However, on top of DEAD END being inactive at the time, MORRIE was living in New York, and the other members were all scattered. As such, the passion from the other musicians did not manage to take shape. After ten-odd years, DEAD END has revived splendidly and once again they have begun to shine as a musician in the present continuous tense. Many musicians who've always respected DEAD END gathered at the venue where the band held their 25th debut anniversary live "Kaosmoscape" in September 2012. This in turn heightened the passion to materialize this tribute album.
Even if one is to look around the Japanese music scene, there probably isn't another band who had such a great influence on as many musicians as DEAD END did. There are many who said what triggered them to start music was DEAD END. If they didn't exist, the current music scene might have became something very different. That being the case, musicians who were affected by them have very strong feelings towards this project and so production took on a bit of an eccentric form where only "those who strongly love and respect DEAD END" have participated. Packed full of their feelings for the piece they have chosen, the participating musicians will be expressing in their own special way the song they feel strongly attached to. Although many tribute albums have been released, it'll be hard to find another piece of work overflowing with as much love as this one. The music scene in the latter half of 2013 will certainly be greatly stunned by the phenomenal performances from the participating musicians who inherited genes from DEAD END, and by the numerous famous tunes of DEAD END which are simply stylish and timeless.

http://avex.jp/deadendtribute/index.html

I'm curious as to how they're gonna put 50 artists on there lol.

Most bands have 4-5 artists. Their facebook mentions there are songs by groups formed for the project, but that's not the rule. So, if L'arc en ciel recorded a cover, that's 4. Kuroyume, 2. Luna Sea, 5. And so it goes. It's pretty easy to get 12 songs that way

Yeah, so 50 people participating, not 50 bands.

Anyway, cool! Only got into DEAD END with their revival, but they're super good.

Album title is finalized as "SONG OF LUNATICS". Here's the next batch of participating artists:

室姫深 [Murohime Shin]
宝野アリカ [Takarano Arika] (ALI PROJECT)
栄喜 [Hideki] (SIAM SHADE)
千聖 [Chisato] (PENICILLIN)
HIRO (La'cryma Christi)
SHUSE (†яi¢к, La'cryma Christi)
LEVIN (La'crima Cristi)
Shinya (DIR EN GREY)
越中睦士 [Koshinaka Makoto] (†яi¢к, Λucifer)
TOKIE (unkie, LOSALIOS)
Shinobu (Creature Creature, THE LEGENDARY SIX NINE)
cali≠gari
咲人 [sakito] (NIGHTMARE) 
ササブチヒロシ [sasabuchi Hiroshi] (東京酒吐座, Creature Creature)
HIROKI (D)
HIZAKI (Versailles, Jupiter)
YUKI (Versailles, Jupiter)
燿 [Yo] (摩天楼オペラ)
Boris
山崎慶 [Yamazaki Kei] (Venomstrip)

Guest mitsubana

Hizaki from Jupiter / Versailles is on it! YESSS!!!

I'm expecting something either from B-T's side or Atsushi alone, considering he always spoke highly of Morrie as an artist (and I've seen photos of them going drinking together so I guess they're pals?). I hope LUNA SEA will participate too, considering they sort of picked up where DEAD END left of.

Damn, DEAD END influences me so hard as a musician so I am super glad that their is a tribute album coming out! It's already been a year since DREAM DEMON ANALYZER came out so I am also hoping that this will spark another new release from DEAD END~

08/10 announcement:

BAKI (GASTUNK, MOSQUITO SPIRAL)
Marty Friedman
aki (ex-Laputa)
FIRE (the Badasses)
yasu (Janne Da Arc, Acid Black Cherry)
you (Janne Da Arc)
kiyo (Janne Da Arc)
shuji (Janne Da Arc)
高野哲(takano tetsu) (ZIGZO, THE JUNEJULYAUGUST)

4 members of JDA, yeah ! :D