Pandabear

Xbox One

I heard that rumour about the video chip before. Also apparently there are rumours that the graphics will not be an improvement from the Xbox 360 but will be similar?

Also, what is the Paywall?

I assume paywall is subscription based services?

I'm not sure where that gpu comparison comes from. it's manufactured by amd, but it's quite different from 360.

^ I love Angry Joe because he has a genuine passion for video games, and while he might not be the best interviewer due to inexperience he does try his  best and tries to ask questions everyone wants answers here. Major Nelson though... Jfc how arrogant. He literally rips the mic right out of Joe's hands. 

I am personally so disappointed but not in the least bit surprised by Micro$oft's direction with the Xbox One. There were rumours for months about this and I'd already decided that I wouldn't be purchasing it, expecting them to be true.

I owned a PS1, a PS2 and then switched to 360. Partly because my brother was sticking with Sony and we would end up occasionally sharing the consoles, but also due to significant improvements in hardware (specifically some of my favourite games run like garbage on the PS3) and the factually better multiplayer experience (also Lost Odyssey.) The 360's subscription fee never bothered me in the beginning, because it was worth it. But around the time they updated the dashboard to Metro (which, by the way, the 360 can barely function with and was only implemented to test run it before including it with the Xbox One), I knew things were going downhill fast.

All of my frequently used apps were gone and the dashboard was littered with obnoxious fucking ads. You can't do anything on the 360 anymore without intrusive ads cluttering your page, interrupting your video viewing or music listening. And because of the ads, most apps will freeze (namely YouTube- oh boy, you're lucky if you can go three videos without it locking up.) On top of that, none of the 360s can handle Metro. There is an obvious lag loading the dashboard that was never, ever there before and it's so sluggish and badly designed. It's a mess. Then the rumours about Xbox One came flooding in and I just sort of shrugged and accepted it. It was just a matter of finding out the price of the PS4 and, thankfully, it's affordable. I was almost tempted to build another PC for the price of the Xbox One and be done with consoles for good but Sony sold their console so well I don't even care that you also need to pay to play online there now too. Sony, I'm coming home~

(Admittedly I mainly use my 3DS and PC now but I'll never not love consoles. Hopefully.)

PS. ANYONE ELSE HYPED FOR THE DIVISION? GET HYPED.

About the cloud...

The entire cloud based 'enrichment' of games is not an innovation. It's just a desperate attempt to momentarily improve the looks of a game because their console lacks the power they were hoping to produce at sensible costs. If game developers are going to build games around the cloud server technique, they will deliberately shove some of thefeatures they can offer into the hands of fate. When Microsoft's servers are down or eventually become inactive, parts of games will stop working. Whether that be enhanced graphics, better or different AI or more features... things will be lost.

The cloud only encourages developers to create games with a state of mind that says these games will be products to use for a short while before abandoning them. That's a bad thing... and a very, very bad thing if games ever want to be considered a form of art.

I wish the cloud idea will be discarded along with the kinect spy-tool. It may not record all activity when it's on (that's what MS promises us at least) but it is able to do so and therefore quite dangerous and scary when it needs to be activated to use all of the Xbox One's features.

Now they're trying to promote these things as 'innovation' while they're really just a step backwards. I'm not buying it.