Trombe

X JAPAN press conference

Yoshiki is his own wax figure to begin with.

Quoted for accuracy.

I doubt there will be a new album coming any time soon, as long as they can still make money with world tours and other projects (I do seem to recall the price for the tickets of the last world tour were really expensive in comparison to the length of the setlist, but I'm not sure).

I believe it was less than €25 for a ticket over here (The Netherlands). I expect it to be higher this time though. That is if they come back here again.

So... it is gonna be another WORLD TOUR only !??
They seriously need to release some new music !!!!!

JPopAsia reported that they're working on an English language album though, like coming out this year. Like they're rerecording old songs and writing new ones in English to be released worldwide. Idk how accurate it is though, and the world tour isn't coming to America so idgaf. I'm still totally let down by this.

To be fair they've been “working on an English album” “to be released this year” for like the past 6 years, right? X JAPAN sucks.*

*at being a real band―I guess it's not as bad if you just think of them as another group of old guys getting together for “one last tour”, but I really believed their lies about new album(s), and I imagine it's terribly disappointing for fans

empty promises again... i won't believe yoshiki anymore until i see an official release.  X should have stayed disbanded when hide was gone

I am not sure why some of you would think an album announcement when they did the conference in Madame Tussauds? :D

Haven't these guys worked with 20 songs since 1988 anyway?

I never saw the point of X, especially Yoshiki. He is so full of shit. Just make a NEW full album with no fucking re-recordings. All of their songs have been re-recorded several times already since the 90's...........

Hey um guys, that JpopAsia announcement was incorrect. One of our newer writers saw 2 year old news about X on JaME and mistakenly posted it on JPA. Ugh. It was so embarassing for us. We deleted the incorrect info in the article. I apologize on her behalf. U_U

JPopAsia reported that they're working on an English language album though, like coming out this year. Like they're rerecording old songs and writing new ones in English to be released worldwide. Idk how accurate it is though, and the world tour isn't coming to America so idgaf. I'm still totally let down by this.

If they only release a ten track album full of old songs converted into English i would have lost any respect i had for this band, pathetic!

YOSHIKI has mentioned that X JAPAN plans to release their new EP (i.e. mini album), which might include 5-6 songs including 3 new songs and re-recording ver. of their old songs with English lyrics

I feel like no matter what news is given out by them, unless it's a new album, everyone is going to turn into Peacy Heavy mk II's signature gif