TokyoCinderella

THE GALLO

When did this band form? I feel like I've heard this Vocalist before.

DIAVOLO is an impressive release.

Around 2009.

Previous JoJo's band was called THE SKULL FUCK REVOLVERS

haha I remember now

He used to have this awkward Vibrato (he still does it but its WAY less noticeable) that put me off. Kinda like the lead singer for Matenrou Opera and Ircle.

Glad to see he's improved.

I see that in June on a tour with Scapegoat (and at other times in the past) they're listed as 大日本黒鶏主義者聯盟(ギャロ)..... which is a session band with the same members? That plays Gallo songs?

Can someone who knows the scoop enlighten me on what this is?

I see that in June on a tour with Scapegoat (and at other times in the past) they're listed as 大日本黒鶏主義者聯盟(ギャロ)..... which is a session band with the same members? That plays Gallo songs?

Can someone who knows the scoop enlighten me on what this is?

They've done this a few times in the past so it's not a totally new thing, but we're not quite sure why they're doing it this time. Before, they went under this name when (1) Lulu had left, Wajow was playing support, and THE GALLO was "officially" on temporary hiatus, and (2) here and there when (usually at sponsored lives) they have more than one set at the same live; usually, they'd appear as Kokkei Shugisha Renmei when playing the opening or otherwise earlier set than THE GALLO-as-headliner.

They do play THE GALLO songs, but I remember one instance in 2012 when Wajow was support, that they played a Chemical Pictures song (Tenten's band was at the event too, and he's Jojo's senpai, so it was just in homage and probably not really related to the temp band name.)

So, we don't really know what's up yet but suppose there's not much to be done but wait until those shows to see what's up. I suspect they'll be using a different support guitarist, or start playing as 4 members without support, and they're using the other name so that it doesn't count as "official" activity while they're feeling things out.

Just a guess, though.

It's a good sign for the new album's longevity/place among my faves that I'm still spinning it and still not really skipping any tracks (except maybe the bonus track).

On 4/9/2016 at 6:45 PM, evenor said:

Loved loved LOVED their album but I wish jojo would cool it with the whole "my-voice-is-buffering" shtick.

When that live vid of them came out recently I was a little surprised to not see Jojo rapidly karate chopping his neck like I have to do whenever I sing along.

I honestly hate myself because I got into them after being to Japan twice when they had a show and didn't go. :( Hope they'll still be together next year when I go back. They are one of my top bands and I love them so much, I listen to them erry day. Musou is the jam of life and so is BOUTIQUE BEELZEBUB  :starry:

Speaking of this band. I am about ready to crown Diavolo the best album of 2016, if not the most surprisingly good. This band just rocks, they are unique and I love the melody of their vocalist. So many VK are ruined by their sub par singers but not these guys.

4 hours ago, Hakari said:

Speaking of this band. I am about ready to crown Diavolo the best album of 2016, if not the most surprisingly good. This band just rocks, they are unique and I love the melody of their vocalist. So many VK are ruined by their sub par singers but not these guys.

I'm still debating because the bonus track that was included in only one of the editions wasn't all that and should have just been on the live cd @The Reverend, which minus a point (or more for me since i want perfection) . and i still somemore listens to 2 others which were straight good through in through.

The LUCIFERO tracklist is out; broken down here --

http://tokyocinderella.tumblr.com/post/152354095267/lucifero-tracklist

Spoiler

8 of the 12 songs are the Maou series songs, which are not new tracks. They were remade for the album (not just rerecorded) but... surprise? There are only 4 new songs.

Also, Shokuzai's (which was composed by Hikaru)  composition is credited to "GALLO" -- which I suppose is fair enough since the remake would be the result of multiple members' work.

On 10/9/2016 at 3:20 AM, blackdoll said:

I'm still debating because the bonus track that was included in only one of the editions wasn't all that and should have just been on the live cd @The Reverend, which minus a point (or more for me since i want perfection) . and i still somemore listens to 2 others which were straight good through in through.

Not to pick a fight, but I think Ha Tanchou is one of the best songs on DIAVOLO -- but I see where you're coming from if you like their heavier-sounding songs.

Ha Tanchou is just particularly cool to me because it's a continuation of the Kokkei Shugisha Renmei series of songs, which have some pretty intense WWII references in the lyrics; they're really well-written. (And the song is super fun at lives.)

Edited by TokyoCinderella

Hey The Gallo is on Spotify now! (well Diavolo and some weird collection are)

Just in case anyone else is a huge nerd and thinks to themselves "I'll listen to them on Spotify instead of my mp3s so the band gets an extra .00001 dollars"

2 hours ago, sume7 said:

Does anyone know the difference between the album and the EP?

The EP is 1 track, Maou-yamiuta-. It was just meant to be a sneak peek for the album, you're not missing anything.

7 hours ago, TokyoCinderella said:

Not to pick a fight, but I think Ha Tanchou is one of the best songs on DIAVOLO -- but I see where you're coming from if you like their heavier-sounding songs.

Ha Tanchou is just particularly cool to me because it's a continuation of the Kokkei Shugisha Renmei series of songs, which have some pretty intense WWII references in the lyrics; they're really well-written. (And the song is super fun at lives.)

the rest were not even heavier though, so there goes that theory. it just wasn't their all

11 hours ago, TokyoCinderella said:

The EP is 1 track, Maou-yamiuta-. It was just meant to be a sneak peek for the album, you're not missing anything.

Thanks, btw how do you know this? Source?

16 minutes ago, TokyoCinderella said:

I've followed the band the past four years. I have a copy. Also run kuroi-ondori.com . Ummm I don't know what to say, I keep up with their news?

I'm seriously not trying to be a dick, but I just don't see anything confirming what you said about the EP. You say that you own a copy? Because I've found nothing that says that the EP version of  LUCIFERO only has one track.  

Love your fansite btw

Edited by sume7

I did a quick search around their social media too, and they did mention it once but not as an announcement or anything
--> http://lineblog.me/official_9allo/archives/10546805.html

そしてZEAL LINKブースでは
魔王-闇詩-収録の期間限定音源『LUCIFERO-EP-』 も発売となり新音源集発売にも向け
本格的な活動と為って参りました

I have the EP info listed out on the fansite I linked before, too, and honest to god never publish anything I don't know is absolutely true.

I do own the CD, but it's with a friend at the moment so it's not physically with me. I'll take a picture later or something if that's absolutely necessary to prove this is a one-track CD.

Anyway, with minor bands, not everything is always online, or online in an easy place to find :/ Especially these guys, a lot of news and info only comes out coherently at lives and instores.

Just to put it out there, too, the CD was 500-yen (one-coin) which means only one song 99% of the time.

Edited by TokyoCinderella
Edited to add a more direct link

Sorry if I was a bit prickly before, it was way past my bedtime. I also totally missed your compliment, thank you for that!

I gor my friend to take a photo of the inside of the thing, so I thought I'd share for you --

ivcvft.jpg