DeithX252

MIYAVI new album "MIYAVI" release

I fully agree, I never liked anything MIYAVI made, but this whole Samurai Sessions-style is just really great in my opinion. It's more mature too, it really fits him. Anyway, I heard the album would be releasing world-wide, but I'm not sure if that means physically or digitally.

I usually don't like buying digital releases unless situations force me to (See: Julia Massey & the Five Finger Discount's albums Is There Room for Me? and Five Letters From Far Away and Georgia Holt's Honky Tonk Woman). I really like having physical copies so if I can go into like Hot Topic or FYE and buy this album I will absolutely do it. If not, then... I will consider buying it just so he can maybe release some physical albums in the states to show he has fans here.

I'm not liking this at all.. Hope it's not a representation of what the rest of the album sounds like because I'd be really disappointed...

jesus the cupcake batter vodka milkshake is legit better than all of miyavi's discography combined, I have no idea what kind of genius invented this thing first omg god bless him & god bless you for finding it

first couple riffs and bg music even sound like 2005 myv so it's totally cool 2 post it here

horizon and day1 have some moderate commercial quality to them (assuming people still care for generic europop), anything else sounds like really bad never developed acoustic wank

sorry miyavi, your 2004 b-sides were much better

The samples sound pretty good! Was hoping for some more radically electronic sound but this isn't bad so far either. :)

Can't wait to get my copy~

lol wtf happened with that link, i don't remember ever seeing that video.

But just listened to a few of the preview, and I think I'm just going to pretend this album never happened. I agree with Nekkichi

Mmmmm There's a couple I really like. Horizon. Guard You. Slap it. Ahead of the Light. Day 1. Hell No. Free World. So all in all not bad. Better than the What's My Name? album anyway.

just heard the preview of the songs from the album... its definitely different..

i will go to another concert if he does come to Atlanta again, though.

btw, the cake vodka milkshake... i assume that the woman's face at the end when she tried it for the first time... that shall be the faces of many women who listen to the album for the first time. maybe it will grow on em. eh

and cake vodka is the sweetest, most horrendous vodka in existence. cotton candy vodka is a close second, however.

edit:

found a convenient tumblr post with all the previews of the album songs from iTunes together right here.

also, if i had to pick a couple that i thought for sure i would like... it would be Cry Like This and No one know my name (Slap it). 

Day 1 seems a bit out of place in comparison now though... It sounds very similar to the previous version except for the beginning of the song which is remixed fairly nicely. also, Free World is just hilarious to me.

I listened for first time the previews, and sound for me really weird, I hope the full versions don't disappoint me :S. This electronic sound does not convince me, but maybe I'll love it when I've listened the full album a few times.

he looks like a thai moneyboy, that song sounds like a ricky martin reject & his hair is nagl

& srsly dude, if you're trying to make an english single (and possibly sell it in the west) do it the rihanna way, pay your writers

all of his english lyrics are so bloody atrocious

I actually like the look...but that song... :( . Kind of wish he went back to his Samurai Session days... hmmm...it would be cool if him and Melody released an album together though...I always enjoyed her music.

I don't know, I love Samurai Sessions and Ahead of the Light. This sounds good but I would Samurai Sessions vol.2

I like it too. It's fun, upbeat and really catchy. The English could still be improved, but he's already come a long way.