Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Atreyu

Well, time has passed(lots of time), and I have grown to like Leads sails, even though it's not their best work.

However, their latest album, Congregation Of The Damned, might be the BEST work they've ever done. Both musically and lyrically. I love the guitar leads, solo's and dual harmonies, brandon's melodic singing, and Alex's sing half a lyric cleanly, growl the rest approach, or vice versa. Really great come back, the heaviness is back! It might be as heavy as their early work, but it's heavy nonetheless. Plus it's got zombies! An added bonus in my book.

My fav tracks: Stop! Before it's too late and we've destroyed it all, Bleeding is a Luxury, Congregation of the Damned, Coffin Nails, Black Days Begin, Gallows, Lonely, So Wrong, You Were King Now You're Unconscious, We Are The Living Dead, Bravery, and Ravenous.

... What? Where I've been living this past year?! Going to download it -->

XD

EDIT// My favorite songs are absolutely; Wait for You, Storm to Pass, Ravenous and Stop! Before It's Too Late and We've Destroyed It All

^ Yeah that's true. I'm regretting not going to see them live when I had the chance. The last thing they released was an EP of cover songs from bands like the rolling stones and thin lizzy. Pretty good EP. But the songs I was most psyched about hearing was their cover of My Own Summer by the Deftones(since I'm huge Deftones fan). And I can say I wasn't disappointed. Except maybe for the intro, Alex did a pretty good job at recreating Chino's vocal style. And I like how they added their own sting to it.

Btw about a year ago, maybe more I read that the lead vocalist had testicle cancer. Does anyone know if he survived?

WTF? That's the first I have ever heard of that. The only problem I 've ever known of Alex to have had was his alcoholism. He quit drinking like 5-6 years ago and is suppose to be a health and fitness enthusiast now. I'm going to say that's just a rumor of some sort. Or perhaps you're talking about Brandon? Either way it seems to baseless. After all they've released COTD like 2009, and Covers of the Damned in October of 2010. I'm pretty sure everyone's still alive.

Oops sorry! I got confused! It was the lead singer of Throw the fight that had cancer

It's ok Phones, just don't make us have a heart attack next time! XDD

well, atreyu sux shit after "A Death-Grip on Yesterday" :/ it's such a shame they gave up their unique sound and became a mainstream "alternative band"

Yeah, "Death-Grip" was amazing. And who are they trying to fool with their new album? They said they were going back to their "roots". I don't see it.

Yeah, "Death-Grip" was amazing. And who are they trying to fool with their new album? They said they were going back to their "roots". I don't see it.

i didn't expect that to be true anyway :P

Anybody checked out their new album yet? These guys just pulled the biggest bait and switch ever. I was so excited after Long Live, and So Others May LIve, it sounded just like the band from The Curse/ A Death Grip On Yesterday era. In fact I'm sure most fans were expecting a album in that vein, but the new album is like half good atreyu half lead sails atreyu, which is really surprising considering I thought they left that style behind after congregation of the damned. Really did not think they would go back to the hard rock/mainstream rock thing again :(

What really sucks is when you think your hearing old school atreyu and then their new style rears its head a third of the way into the song. At least there are a few good songs.

^ yeah it's one of the few songs on the release I actually liked. Depending on what kinda of atreyu fan you are, you might like or end up hating their new album.   

I had no idea there was an Atreyu thread here! :o i've only checked out the first half of the album so far but it seems awesome so far. Definitely not old Atreyu but it seems like their best release since A Deathgrip On Yesterday :)

Ok, I've been giving it another listen and it's definitely growing on me. Maybe the whole expecting them to make a full on metal assault of an album threw me off, but this is a good release.

Alex did mention this album was suppose to sound like an alternative version of a death grip on yesterday and I do get a lot of those vibes minus a couple of songs.

It's fucking good. After all these bands releasing lackluster albums, Atreyu was able to honestly pull off a good one in the same style of "The Curse" and "Death Grip". It's not ground breaking at all but it's a good solid album that will please all of our teenage memories. 

^Agreed.

Favorite songs off the album

Long Live

I Would Kill/Lie/Die for you

A Bitter Broken Memory

Heartbeats and Flatlines 

Moments Before Dawn

So Others May Live

I was really surprised too. I pretty much loved the whole album, except for Brass Balls and Moments Before Dawn. Long Live (the track) is catchy as hell

Sign in to follow this